Civ4 Patch v1.61, SDK, PitBoss, & Low-res Movies Released!

I hope that you are incorrect, automator, but fear you are correct that we must now search for, find, and destroy every last worker, scout, and caravel that a civ may have left after eliminating its last city. Is this an improvement? :wallbash: Is this punishment for warmongers? :confused:

With my lightning fast 26.4 connection at home how many days will it take me to download the patch?

Older than Dirt said:
I hope that you are incorrect, automator, but fear you are correct that we must now search for, find, and destroy every last worker, scout, and caravel that a civ may have left after eliminating its last city. Is this an improvement? :wallbash: Is this punishment for warmongers? :confused:

I thought any units (other than workers and settlers you captured) that were left dissapeared when the last city was destroyed?

also, I wonder just what they fixed in the tutorial?.....

Older than Dirt said:

With my lightning fast 26.4 connection at home how many days will it take me to download the patch?

The notes say it is an *option*, so no need to beat your head against that wall... :smile:

Older than Dirt said:

It's a game option, like Always War or Raging Barbarians. You aren't forced to use it.

Finally, the patch is here.

Well one of the first things I'm going to test is the scoring. Two tests:

1. A short brutal dual map noble game where I wipe out an oppenent in an hour.

2. A long expansive game on noble, 18 civs, playing my typical builder style. If all goes as normal, I'll finish in the top 3 in all categories, have the largest happiest, well-rounded civ, and have avoided war the entire or the vast majority of the game, and probably gotten a time victory or a culture victory.

If they've fixed the scoring, then test 2 should far-and-away produce the higher score and I see no reason why either should result in a Dan Quayle label. I'm off to download ...!!!! :)

edit: Just noticed they split the downloads up! Great! I really didn't see any reason to force everybody to download the SDK.

Just to clarify the chopping changes for those who haven't done the math:

Forests are now 20 hammers, which is 33% less from the previous 30. However mathematics will increase those 20 hammers by 50%, back to 30. So post-mathematics chopping yields are the same as pre-patch.

However, an UNMENTIONED change is that chopping apparently takes 50% more worker turns.

I applaud this nerf and am guessing many people will have to lower their game difficulty a notch.

I already met one Gandhi multiplayer who said he will be quitting civ4 because it "takes too long to do things now". Hahahaha...

Older than Dirt said:

26.4 = ~2kbytes/sec = 120 kbytes/min = 7200kbytes / hour. Call that 7 Meg per hour, 45 MB is going to take you roughly 7 to 8 hours. I'd recommend starting it just before you go to bed.

with that slow of a connection, surfing the forums must be painful for your computer...

anyway, back on topic. I wonder what exactly they fixed about the tutorial...

Love the changes to chopping, Kremlin and Financial Civ trait as they were all over-powered IMO. Rest looks great too can't wait to load it up tonight and hope it doesn't mess up my current game.

Hopefully, it will help some of the players that could not get the game to run properly on their systems.

Another undocumented change I noticed is that on Quick speed workers are 40 hammers instead of 48 and warriors are 10 instead of 12, I think? Has anyone figured out the math behind this? Was there some global change to the % production cost for units between game speeds? What about buildings?

Why was free market nerfed? It was already weaker than state property. Now I think it will be even more weaker.

Oh well, I never used it anyway, state property is the way to go!

Love the patch :goodjob:

What does changing horseback riding to a classical tech do? I wasn't aware that the eras had any effect aside from what music is playing.

I'm having bugs with 1.61... :( I have no interfaces in game... I posted in the bug report thread, look there for more detail...

Monker said:
What does changing horseback riding to a classical tech do? I wasn't aware that the eras had any effect aside from what music is playing.
Researching this tech will put you into the classical age now. You get a popup whenever an age passes that is triggered by certain techs. The first tech you research of a different age promotes you to that age. The building art and music changes, so it's not big deal.

_alphaBeta_ said:
Researching this tech will put you into the classical age now. You get a popup whenever an age passes that is triggered by certain techs. The first tech you research of a different age promotes you to that age. The building art and music changes, so it's not big deal.

The change was to prevent players in Classical Start games from chop-rushing Horse Archers immediatly after settling their first city on top of a Horse resource. Now the Horseback Riding tech has to be researched first, so no early rushes.

I dled the patch and tried a game with the new fantasy map script but when i try to explore the units just walk over black (hidden) squares and no map is discovered, so then i tried another game with a different script and all worked well, is this intended? or is it a bug?

:( Just done a clean install. I've lost the game interface. Alt I and Ctrl I don't help.

Top Bottom