Civ5 Ancient Unit Pack 04 : Viking

danrell

Warlord
The units come from Bakuel's great civ4 units !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note :
Please download the "Edited Animations and Effects" if you want to see the unit work correctly!

Edited Animations and Effects : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11586187&postcount=2

Tutorial : Gedemon - Add a new unit in the game

Download :
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=19542

Great units! I just modded in the Viking lonsword v3. One guy bangs on his shield, another throws his Dane axe up in the air and catches it. Just great stuff there. :goodjob:

They look great, but the horns threw me off. Vikings never had horns on their helmets.
Just... no...
No horns... never.
Ever.

How can you be sure about that? ;) It was long ago, so I doubt if the historical sources are reliable enough to eliminate such possibility...

well, celt had those... and it had the same defects.. so those defects are not "proof" that they did'nt have any.
your first argument is better though

They have never found a single horned viking helmet through archaeological diggings :nono: the idea of the horns appeared in the 19th century's Scandinavian nationalistic ideas.
Plus that a horned helmet would be very easy to knock off, or if fastened, to grab and hold the wearer down :p

Actually, they did. The helmet was bronze, ornamental, and only used for ceremony. (Explanation in the link below.) Vikings never wore horns in battle, obviously. For the simple reason that it was impratical, and for another very important reason. No self-respecting Viking warrior would fall back on wearing imposing horns, to make himself look fierce. This would be insulting. He would think himself a woman.

http://www.hurstwic.org/history/articles/manufacturing/text/horned_helmets.htm

Still, that's not a problem here as we have the choice to use the horned or not horned helmet version for the longswordsman.

Great! I'll sue these in my Runescape total conversion mod if you don't mind. :)

HEy these Units are Awesome! Can i use this Units into my Aventuria-MOD if i give some Credits and Creatorlinks?

I need help in installing these unit mods. I am playing on CIV 5 GOTY which is 2010. I've not got the new DLCs. Will these units appear in my game if I download them? I don't know where to put them in which file. Compared to total war unit mods in terms of installing, this is hard.

This isn't a mod. It's a modder art resource. Mods like R.E.D. Modpack utilize these units.

EDIT: Place the .civ5mod file in your C:\Users\%username%\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\ folder. The game should automatically extract it when you go into the Mods menu, but because of it's size you might opt to use 7-zip to extract it manually.

Top Bottom