1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ5 and small maps

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Pomor, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Pomor

Pomor Chieftain

Are there any suggestions how the game will take place on small maps? For example, I very much prefer "tiny" size with 4-5 city per civ. But it seems the game is not designed for such settings... Since in this case, there will be very small space for location units, and very small ammount of resources required for them.

2. V. Soma

V. Soma CFC Staff

I wouldn't fear maps being too LARGE... ;)

3. Alsark

Alsark Noble

From what we've seen in pictures and videos based on the mini-map and screen, the world appears somewhat smaller than in Civ 4 by default. Obviously we have no idea what settings were being used for these pictures - but at any rate, I wouldn't worry were I you (now for us wanting large maps, like myself, we have a right to be a tad worried).