Civ5: German Modern Armor: Leopard 1A3 (6 Skins)

snafusmith

Unit Maker
The Leopard (or Leopard 1) is a main battle tank designed and produced in Germany that first entered service in 1965. Developed in an era when HEAT warheads were thought to make conventional heavy armour of limited value, the Leopard focussed on firepower in the form of the German-built version of the British L7 105-mm gun, and improved cross-country performance that was unmatched by other designs of the era.

The Leopard quickly became a standard of European forces, and eventually served as the main battle tank in over a dozen countries worldwide. Since 1990, the Leopard 1 has gradually been relegated to secondary roles in most armies. In the German Army, the Leopard 1 MBTs have been phased out in 2003 while Leopard 1 derived vehicles are still widely used. The Leopard 2 MBTs have taken over the MBT role. Leopard hulls have been re-used in a wide variety of roles.

The download includes skins for 6 nations, Australia, Canada, Germany, Greece, Netherlands, and Turkey (make sure the texture file is called Leopard1A3.dds).

DOWNLOAD HERE!

ENJOY!
-Smitty

great, nice to see your modern units coming in Civ5 ! :goodjob:

combined with JTitan and bernie14 last units, seems that a new update of R.E.D. is required :D

I feel compelled (as a patriotic ex-military Aussie) to inform you that the camo scheme tagged as being the "Australian" version is COMPLETELY wrong...

Real version: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Australian_Leopard_AS1_tank_forest.jpg

That said, I am very much overjoyed to see the good ol' Leo1 made for Civ5! wOOt!

~JD

You're right! I can't believe I didn't catch that!

I also noticed tonight that the .fxsxml file included had some errors - please re-download, I've fixed it. It needs to reference the tank animations, not those for the modern armor.

Is the same method used to change textures with these as the Challenger II's? I tried what you told me, and my game just crashed. I want to be more specific in saying I want to bring the Canadian tank texture into the game, can you make a step by step tutorial on changing the texture? It would be much appreciated.

Yes, I'm on a Mac, I can't run exe files. And to add to all of it, I honestly don't understand anything of that, I'm no computer programmer.

I'm no computer programmer.
I wasn't too before I start modding a while back :D

But, yes, if you're on Mac, I can't help you, I have no idea of what kind of tools you could use.

If you just want the units, they are individually set in latest version of R.E.D. Modpack (except Australia and Canada) see the "\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. Modpack (v 23)\Units\_Generic\Modern Armors\Leopard 1A3" folder once installed.

How would that work. You may have not known a lot about modding, but I know next to nothing. The most I know is changing textures for a personal game, that's it. You're going to have to explain more on this. I downloaded the RED Modpack, found the modern armour folder... Now what? Honestly, all I know about modding is basically how to do

<File import="1">Units/Art/Battleahip/King_George_V_Class/King_George_V_Class_gloss.dds</file>
<File import="1">Units/Art/Battleahip/King_George_V_Class/King_George_V_Class.dds</file>
<File import="1">Units/Art/Battleahip/King_George_V_Class/King_George_V_Class.fxsxml</file>
<File import="1">Units/Art/Battleahip/King_George_V_Class/King_George_V_Class.gr2</file>

And sticking files related to it in my game folder.

what do you want to do exactly ?

Have the default Leopard LA3 change to the Canadian tank.

ho, ok, seen your question in the Challenger II thread. Should work exactly the same, rename the texture you want to use to "Leopard 1A3.dds"

I'll give it a try. I'll edit this post with the results.

EDIT: I give up on life. This EXACT same procedure crashed my game with the Challenger II, but not this one. I'm just going to stick with my medieval history major and my philosophy minor and stay out of actual modding.

Ok, so I have just started to play Civilization V again a few weeks ago and I've come across an odd... glitch (?) with this download. What I have is that having my modern armour units the Canadian skin, but I'm getting the Turkish skin.

My texture path is,

Spoiler :
<File md5="179740A3137941EB24BAD8670AE8C69F" import="1">Units/Art/ModernArmour/Leopard1/Canada/Leopard 1A3.dds</File>
<File md5="82AC70741ED004E2AA8DB7CB0F2FCA08" import="1">Units/Art/ModernArmour/Leopard1/Canada/Leopard1.gr2</File>
<File md5="6E003A77606035B1D174D360FFCC18C2" import="1">Units/Art/ModernArmour/Leopard1/Canada/Leopard1SREF.dds</File>
<File md5="7AA2BABA8BA9068C41C9F4A525005CBD" import="1">Units/Art/ModernArmour/Leopard1/Canada/Leopard1.fxsxml</File>

and I'm still getting the Turkish skin. I have double checked that the Leopard 1A3.dds is the Canadian .dds file. I also have made separate folders for all of the skins, so there would be a folder for the Turkish, German, Australian, etc. ones. Does anyone know what exactly the problem is?

I know of a way to fix it, and that's having just the Canadian textures in the moder armour folder, but for the sake of changing the texture quick, I put all the files in the folder (separated by their files as well, Turkish textures are in the Turkey file, same for Germany, Australia, etc.)

do you have import properties for the other files ?

By that you mean?

I have the other files on separate paths (LIke Australia in the "Australia" file), but I'm importing the files from the "Canada" file. You're going to have to elaborate more on what you mean.

@ Bergerperson, are you trying to use more than one skin in your mod? If so you'll need to use nexusbuddy to make more gr2 files specific to the skins you're interested in. This is one of the early civ5 units I made, and I wasn't smart enough to post a unique gr2 file for each texture.

Ok, that explains it. Thanks there. And one thing, you said to rename the desired with without spaces, I just get a checker-box graphic when I do that, by keeping the space, get the actual texture.

Top Bottom