1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

civ5map -> lua: Play The World Extended (Brave New World Edition)

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Map Scripts' started by nORb Dragon, Jul 24, 2013.

1. bokaj

bokaj Chieftain

The map is so much fun. Love it! The only problem is that it's so slow with that many civs. Is there a similar map that is Large or even Standard with fewer civs?

2. sztorcu

sztorcu Chieftain

This map script is so cool I even registered on this forum to submit my endorsement :D. No really, you did an awesome job! Such map script should be in game by default! Now I finally can re-write earth's history by preventing partitions of my beloved Poland and sending it into space :D.

Just one little thing: if there would be a "Large" version of this map it would be easier to play with Epic time setting (it's a bit too fast on Huge maps like this one, and marathon is sooooo slow - but still worth the hassle). I realize that Standard size would be problematic with starting points of civs (or city states) which are close to each other.

3. civroma

civroma Chieftain

hey great map spasibo! must be cold all year in murmansk

4. Ibnarabi

Ibnarabi Chieftain

5. jsolo15

jsolo15 Chieftain

Can 43 civ play in the game. Or is it only 22 civ like the standard game?

6. graymor

graymor Chieftain

this script is fantastic... however, no matter how I do it, the multiplayer launches with immediate defeat for both players (self and wife). Any ideas what would cause this?

7. Diesel47

Diesel47 Chieftain

I am actually looking for a smaller version too, maybe one with no Americas... or smaller oceans... something...

In its current state it is TOO big and too laggy :(.

8. sarmad11

sarmad11 Chieftain

I enjoy this map, but I want to change the start location of one civ. How do I do this? I cannot open the LUA file in world builder, and I do not know how to change start location otherwise...

Thank you

9. nORb Dragon

nORb Dragon Chieftain

1. Open in notepad your lua-file
    2. find string:
    Code:
    function nORbConvWorld:GetCivStartPlot(pPlayer)
    3. somewhere in function body you see strings with starting positions for playable civs (ResultPos = { X,Y } ). like:
    Code:
    elseif (thisCiv.Type == "CIVILIZATION_IROQUOIS") then ResultPos = {139,75};
    4. Change values for your civ and save.
    5. Send "edited version" to your friends and play.

10. murloc240

murloc240 Chieftain

What are the requirements to get this?
    Can you please tell me a more detailed guide to get this?
    PLEASE ANSWER

11. murloc240

murloc240 Chieftain

I just made a account to ask you this

12. Nickel_lion

Nickel_lion Warlord

Hello.

Is this map compatible with modded civs that have no "true start location"? Thanks.

13. ilshur

ilshur Warlord

is there some reason i set max city states to 41 but only 26 appear?

edit:

After reloading a bunch of times to just test it and make sure it wasnt something i was doing, i am going to describe the collusion of functionality. If its unclear, please ask and i will go into more detail.

The map script tells city states to spawn in certain spots, but if that area is 'too crowded', then they just dont spawn. Since the city state already has a name and identity, instead of spawning a new one in an 'open' area, it just deletes.

On my various tests, it ranged from 19 to 34 city states that spawned, but they weren't exhaustive. I don't have the technical expertise to examine and dissect the .lua logs, but i suspect the issue i am describing is apparent there.

It'd be nice if it could be engineered in such a way that allowed all 41cs and 21 other civs to spawn, so the earth would feel properly crowded

14. CleverAdvisor

CleverAdvisor Chieftain

I'm guessing this isn't updated anymore, but anyone figure out a solution to the disappearing city states?

15. Kolaris

Kolaris Warlord

You could use the City State Selection mod to delete any City-States that would be too close to the Civs you chose to play with. It would require some trial and error to figure out which City States are safe though.

Thanks nORb Dragon, this was a great project.

16. Schwarzauge

Schwarzauge Chieftain

'Hey man,

I really love this map, it´s absolutely awesome. I would like to play it with the community patch project Vox Populi.
    Will there be a problem that there no such resources like Bisons or Tobacco on your map?`

17. Sherif_Abdelbar

Sherif_Abdelbar Chieftain

Hello :)

Thank you so much for this map... It has been my favorite for a while now :)

My only problem is: I can't add more than 22 civs in one game. I know that it's not your problem, and that the map is perfect and civilizations REALLY start in their exact real historical positions... But, I don't know what to do :(

I have looked for a solution on the internet, but all the solutions seem to be (complicated).

Do you have any advice or information on how to fix this 22-civs-limit issue ???

Thank you so much...

18. DefyVelocity

DefyVelocity Chieftain

For some reason even though both my friend and I have the .lua script in the Assets/maps folder, it says "map information not found". What should I do? Plz help

19. SLGray

SLGray King

Clear your cache folder and try again.