civ6 system requirements

Azmodanrom

Chieftain
from Steam:
MINIMUM:
Memory: 4 GB RAM

RECOMMENDED:
Memory: 8 GB RAM

i have 8GB and unless i close all my other applications the system will not have enough memory for civ. the process take 6.5 Gb of memory + 1.5 Gb windows. (huge map, 10 AIs)
how could it run on 4Gb?

is this just me? or does civ6 takes this much memory for everyone? (i have a few addons 4 or 5, but nothing major)

It isn't guaranteed to work on all game modes on 4GB. 4GB is the minimum required to run the game. It recommends 8GB so you actually have a comfortable experience across game modes. Having more than that is obviously ideal.

It's a problem in communicating minimum specifications, unsure if Steam could make it clearer. If you don't have that hardware, the game basically will not start (or won't start properly). It's not the minimum required to run a huge game with a ton of AI players.

8GB for the game. windows needs another 4.... No one ever thinks about that. The requirements to run the game are for the game ONLY when we are talking about ram. All other specs should be accurate but also have to acount for all the garbage programs that are installed like Corsair iCUE or razer junk.

Map size and number of active civs seem to be the big factors for RAM usage, and each expansion ups things too. So of course it gets crazy on a huge map. Run a Duel map with 2 civs on base mode (no expansions) and it'll probably fit in 4GB.

Top Bottom