Resource icon

CivAssist II 30-Oct-2016

Ginger_Ale said:
Wow superslug ... a hof run seems to be the time when a horizontal scroll bar would be nice...
The game will get submitted to the HOF.....if I win! :lol: I'm not even milking this one.

Here are the results of a recent crash. In this case, I had just closed the game and was revieiwing some odds n ends before closing CivAssist. It crashed moving from the cities to economy tabs. Not sure if this will help you or not.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.DivideByZeroException: Attempted to divide by zero.
at fq.a(fi A_0)
at f6.b(fq A_0)
at f6.k(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at au.a(EventArgs A_0)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WmReflectNotify(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)
at au.a(Message& A_0)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2032
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
CivAssist
Assembly Version: 2.0.1962.42116
Win32 Version: 2.0.1962.42116
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/CivAssist%20II/CivAssist.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
rather than being handled by this dialog.

Does anyone else show a one tile descrepency in the domination limit between CivAssist 2.0.1962 and MapStat 2.11.0? (map's 100% revealed).

Also, I had a divide by zero error popup when I selected the temples in the buildings dropdown on the economy tab. I was able to repeat in just now with this save.
Spoiler Error Details :

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.DivideByZeroException: Attempted to divide by zero.
at fq.a(fi A_0)
at f6.k()
at f6.a(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
CivAssist
Assembly Version: 2.0.1962.42116
Win32 Version: 2.0.1962.42116
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/CivAssist%20II/CivAssist.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///c:/winnt/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
rather than being handled by this dialog.

Denniz said:
Does anyone else show a one tile descrepency in the domination limit between CivAssist 2.0.1962 and MapStat 2.11.0? (map's 100% revealed).
Is this something you see all the time Denniz? Or just with a particular .sav? This is something I tested pretty carefully after I got it wrong the first time ;). One thing I initially had trouble with was when land+coast was exactly divisible by 3 for [civ3]/[ptw], or by 100 for [c3c].

[Edit] Maybe you could post a .sav? [/Edit]

Dianthus said:
Is this something you see all the time Denniz? Or just with a particular .sav? [c3c].
I just noticed it. I'm only playing one game. I think I noticed that CivAssitII didn't match the MapFinder Dom limit, either.

Dianthus said:
[Edit] Maybe you could post a .sav? [/Edit]
The above save with div by 0 is the same game. I only have the one huge monarch milk attempt going. :)

WOW!!

I just checked in to the forums for the first time in a while and found this new version, and I must say it's freakin' awesome! :goodjob:

Tomas and Ainwood, you have done an incredible job. My hat goes off to the both of you. If you're ever in my neck of the woods, the beer is on me. :salute:
(I'm dead serious about that beer...) :D

Very good work :king: ... but i have a little problem. :(

I have an old Windows 98 installed on my main computer and it seems that CivAssist 2 is unable to detect new auto-save files whereas it was working with CivAssist 1. Moreover there is no additional icon on the top left part of the screen.

I have installed the last version of .NET framework and CivAssist. It detects correctly when Civ PTW (with last patch) runs, "On Lookout" is activated, i can load manually last saved file but no automatic update. It works correctly on Win XP but i don't have it at home.

Excellent program! What I missed though in the diplomacy screen was AI attitudes towards you. That would be helpful if comtemplating a diplo win.

This is by far the best external program for a game that I have ever used! It is smart and easy to use, not to mention a buttload of useful information. I can attest that I have had no problems with this program so far. JUST SIMPLY AMAZING! :goodjob:

This has risen my gaming skills to a whole new level!

Thank you Ainwood for such a wonderful and intuitive program!

Bonsaï said:
Very good work :king: ... but i have a little problem. :(

I have an old Windows 98 installed on my main computer and it seems that CivAssist 2 is unable to detect new auto-save files whereas it was working with CivAssist 1. Moreover there is no additional icon on the top left part of the screen.

I have installed the last version of .NET framework and CivAssist. It detects correctly when Civ PTW (with last patch) runs, "On Lookout" is activated, i can load manually last saved file but no automatic update. It works correctly on Win XP but i don't have it at home.
I am somewhat confused....

When you start CivAssist, I presume it says "manual mode". When you start PTW, it changes to "on lookout", but doesn't place the icon, and doesn't load saves automatically. Is that correct?

Firstly - do you have an english language version of civ? Secondly, do you have a standard screen resolution? Do you use the install path over-ride?

Great program, but some strange behavior. I tried it in a lan game last night. Using direct IP through a vpn. I was not the server. Every turn, a box would pop-up asking which player I was and my password. The password box was greyed out. I had to press ok three times, before I could use it for that turn - every turn. It made no difference if I marked 'remember password'. It was an epic, turn based game.

Hello all,

Ainwood, Civassist II finally got me to register after a year of lurking. Loved ver 1...really like version 2 it would also be love if not for the same problem as Bonsai.

I am on Win98, Vanilla Civ III, solo game. Starting the present version of Civassist I see the cog wheel icon for no game running @ bottom left. I then select "use latest" button and start CivIII. Icon changes from cog wheel to CivIII. Functions seem to work great but no auto-update of the newest auto-save file. I am on standard res, US version of the game & have set no install path overrides. Both Civ & assist are installed in the default directories.

I hope you can iron this one out and thanks for creating a program that makes a great game even better.

Papafish34 said:
Ainwood, Civassist II finally got me to register after a year of lurking.
Welcome, then! :D

Loved ver 1...really like version 2 it would also be love if not for the same problem as Bonsai.
I've had a bit of a look, and it might be that the method we use for seeing new autosaves just doesn't work on Win98. We will look into it further, and might have to do something else to work-around this. :)

When I'm running CivAssist II I sometimes (60%?) I have difficulties saving the game (using the mouse). Then I try again (usually with the keyboard on the 2nd time) and everything is fine.

I can't really say it's because of this great piece of software, but it just seems to occur when Civassist is on... :confused:

Not really that important because the impact is just re-trying the save, but just thought to leave a note to see if I'm not the only one.

I have noticed when running CivAssist II with an IE open (ussually have CFC forums) sometimes the IE will hang... It gets released after what feels like a minute or so (have not timed it) and its not a biggy, but it can be a pain....

Also what of my earlier suggestion? A warning of beker overrun 2,3 or even 4 turns before finish. It would be an estimate becuase I can imagine it to be hard to figure in all the variables... Will a lib (or such) be finished, will a city grow, commerce lost to corruption etc.
But it would be nice to trap big overruns a little earlier than just 1 turn before research end, when you find you can turn down sci to 0% and use 4 scientists instead.
Had you changed to 2 scientists 2 turns in advance it would have covert the devisit and got the tech a turn earlier.

namliaM said:
I have noticed when running CivAssist II with an IE open (ussually have CFC forums) sometimes the IE will hang... It gets released after what feels like a minute or so (have not timed it) and its not a biggy, but it can be a pain....

I get this from just running Civ, not Civ Assist.

@namliaM: I also get it when running civ, and I've seen it reported elsewhere in forums.

@Michelangelo & Luthor_Saxburg: Tomas changed the way the save is handled - it should fix this (or reduce it at least), as well as fix the issue with some saves not getting compressed.

Will have the new version out by the end of the weekend. :)

Top Bottom