CivBE discount 20% @ GMG

The one I got that worked was from the GMG page, but be careful, they use capital i's and capital o's not 1's and zeroes.

The one I got that worked was from the GMG page, but be careful, they use capital i's and capital o's not 1's and zeroes.
I'm not seeing GMG offering _any_ kind of discount. Not on the GMG homepage, nor on the CBE details page. The ONLY option I see is to pre-order the game for $49.99.

Could you post the current link for where I can get the discount code? More than likely I'm just looking at the wrong pages.

At GMG you need a voucher code most of the time that you put when passing your order. I don't have one right now but maybe some were provided in this thread. They usually have a limit of 2 days before not working.
That's my main question: where do you get those voucher codes?

I tried all of the codes listed in this thread. All of them come back "Unable to add the voucher".

I get them by receiving their promotions after having bought once there. Just wait for someone to give you a fresh one or try elsewhere.
Thought that might be the case. Wouldn't those codes be one-use-only? In which case, whoever passed on the code wouldn't be intending to buy the game themselves. In which case, this forum really wouldn't be the ideal place to go a-begging for GMG codes. :crazyeye:

The code that worked for me was 9I47I9-ZOM38L-ZGV9KW. I don't think that will be good for the map pack, but I really didn't care about those anyway.

That's my main question: where do you get those voucher codes?

I tried all of the codes listed in this thread. All of them come back "Unable to add the voucher".

Easy, you check GMG blog (upper right corner on their website).

9I47I9-ZOM38L-ZGV9KW code definitely works, I've just used it and got the game for reasonable 22,50GBP instead of 49,99 EUR shown on Steam.

The code that worked for me was 9I47I9-ZOM38L-ZGV9KW. I don't think that will be good for the map pack, but I really didn't care about those anyway.

I think any order you place with GMG will be good for the preorder too, so the customer service person I emailed claimed anywho.

yay ! got my civ BE for 37 euros

So do i receive a key when it releases or before that so i can preload it or something ?

THanks for the cool tip

yay ! got my civ BE for 37 euros

So do i receive a key when it releases or before that so i can preload it or something ?

you're welcome. I too ordered. We might have to wait a few hours after release to get the key via e-mail. The key will also be visible in your GMG account. Sadly that will not allow for preloading, but steam is usually a pretty fast download.

I went ahead and preordered, but made sure to keep my "receipt" in case I don't get the bonus content on my key.

After my pre-order for CBE, I received a reusable code good for 23% off any GMG orders until September 30th:

ZVVMKP-ISJ719-0ENROA

Just used the new code, thanks!

Though I feel slightly bad now for not receiving an actual key. Before purchase, possibly waiting a few hours for the key to arrive seemed fine for saving 12€. Now I'm not so sure anymore...

GMG is usually serious you will get your key the day before or a few hours after release at worst.

Yeah, guess I shouldn't worry. I did some research about them before and now again. I didn't know anything about them until recently, but they seem to be one of the biggest players after Steam, Origin and Amazon. The reviews are practically always positive.

Tomice, I don't know if you enjoy streams, but when I had to wait for (I think) BNW's key from Greenman, I just watched Maddjinn's stream and it was quite fun - made it more of a celebration, and then I played as soon as I woke up the next day. I've no idea if MD will be streaming BE; however, it wouldn't surprise me and I do know PrimEval is planning on playing for a while.

Tomice, I don't know if you enjoy streams, but when I had to wait for (I think) BNW's key from Greenman, I just watched Maddjinn's stream and it was quite fun - made it more of a celebration, and then I played as soon as I woke up the next day. I've no idea if MD will be streaming BE; however, it wouldn't surprise me and I do know PrimEval is planning on playing for a while.

Thx for the suggestion! If it's a midnight release there shouldn't be a problem, I can just try sleeping. But then again, west american midnight is 9 am here :(

We'll see, EU laws give me 2 weeks to reconsider and cancel my order AFAIK. I should practice patience anyway ;)

I used GMG to pre-order that Elder Scrolls MMO a few months back. I was worried about their delivery after I used a 25% coupon from them. The day of release they had every code I needed sent to me with no delays.

I'm definitely using this 25% coupon now.

Top Bottom