CivBE discount 20% @ GMG

Interesting information about preordering from GMG.

Green Man Gaming said:
Pre-purchase Games

For pre-purchase games, you will not receive a key immediately at the point of pre-purchase, rather you will receive the key on the day of release (or a day or two beforehand dependant on the game publisher) We cannot guarantee that you'll be able to preload; however, we are in constant talks with the publisher to ensure keys are released as early as possible.

On release, your key will be displayed in your GMG account found here, and you will also receive an email with your game key once it has been issued.

You are welcome to a refund on your Pre-purchase as long as you meet the following criteria:

• The game activation key (including any bonus or beta keys) has not yet been disclosed to you by email or webpage.
  • The release of the game, or the pre-load is not within 48 hours of the refund request. We are unable to process refunds 48 hours before a game is due to be released or preload begins.
  • If purchased through Paypal, refunds can not be processed after 60 days from purchase. After this, only a credit refund can be offered in its place.
Please check our refund policy for further information.
Source

I linked that on the last page, though a copy/paste might have been more easy to view.

I linked that on the last page, though a copy/paste might have been more easy to view.
Oh, indeed. I missed it. Yeah, I suppose it's more visible like that.

Is anyone aware of any preorder discounts for those that have yet to do so? Thanks.
GMG has discount vouchers every now and then, more often if you sign up. You might get the 25% personal loyalty voucher that's been floating around if you do.

Mine was 2.7G as well. Everything downloaded is sitting in depot files until the game unlocks.

Can I just say it was such a tease to see that icon pop up on my desktop and not be able to start playing? I suppose its for the best since I have homework to do, but still, such a tease.

Because I haven't seen it mentioned yet, you can get it for 20% off using the voucher code U9OULG-XRTO1V-4VMUGZ. Can confirm, totalled to $40. The voucher expires on the 24th.

Because I haven't seen it mentioned yet, you can get it for 20% off using the voucher code U9OULG-XRTO1V-4VMUGZ. Can confirm, totalled to $40. The voucher expires on the 24th.

Is it location dependent (US here)? Every time I've tried to add one of these vouchers it gives me an error 'Unable to add the voucher' and it's driving me crazy.

Is it location dependent (US here)? Every time I've tried to add one of these vouchers it gives me an error 'Unable to add the voucher' and it's driving me crazy.

I don't believe so. I'd recommend firstly clearing your cookies and trying another browser, perhaps. Also, make sure there are no spaces before or after the code.

Does the code appear on the homepage? It does for me; I can imagine that if it were location dependent, you probably would not see it.

Edit: If you mean that you've been trying the previous voucher codes posted in this thread, then yeah, they won't work. They have been expired for quite a long time now. U9OULG-XRTO1V-4VMUGZ lasts until the 24th, though.

Hmmm, I've tried Firefox and Chrome, with clearing cookies and cache, and if I try to modify the code (I cut and pasted it), it gives me a 'This is not a valid voucher' error, so it is recognizing the input as a valid voucher normally.

Looks like I'll have to try to contact customer support, I'd really like that discount :), or try IE *gasp*

Edit: Oh, and I see the ad for the voucher on the homepage (if you click on it, it does say it excludes certain titles. Until you made your last post confirming that it works, I just assumed BE was excluded).

Thanks. Just confirmed working in the UK. Price is £29.99 down to £24.00.

Glad to have helped, chopstyx

Svetkavitsa: I'm pretty stumped at this point. I'd say your best bet is to contact customer support, they usually don't take too long to reply and are helpful, from my experience. The voucher should indeed work for Civ BE.

Unfortunately doesn't seem to work in the US. :(

Went ahead and bit the bullet on Steam...let's face it, there's no way I wasn't going to pre-order...

I got a 30% discount offer from GMG for BE for voting in the 32nd Joystick awards thing, I also got a free copy of XCOM for doing it AND 25% off of any other purchase.

Top Bottom