Civics and Reforms

I wanted to change the Labor civic, but I clicked Religion instead by mistake. So I choose "no thanks" option first time. And I did the same mistake again, then I realized that I can't choose the "No thanks" option again. I know I'm a dumb, but I just wondered if there's any restriction :(
You just choose another religion civic, wait one turn and then don't choose it again.

Hi, Enginseer, thanks for your great modmods. I use many of them. When I choose Hereditary Rule (in marathon game) it gives gold and production for garrisons as stated +5% to wonder prod., then 3 turns later I see "An Event has ended" message and have no gold and prod from garrisons just 5% staying. Then I go to civ&ref screen and see that my government still Hereditary Rule, press to change, and choose it again, then I get gold & prod from garrisons again for 3 turns.

Hi, Enginseer, thanks for your great modmods. I use many of them. When I choose Hereditary Rule (in marathon game) it gives gold and production for garrisons as stated +5% to wonder prod., then 3 turns later I see "An Event has ended" message and have no gold and prod from garrisons just 5% staying. Then I go to civ&ref screen and see that my government still Hereditary Rule, press to change, and choose it again, then I get gold & prod from garrisons again for 3 turns.
How unusual the event would end! I will check that out and see if I can replicate it and post an update asap. Thanks!

Can you please explain how diplomatic favor on each civic works? I just can't by looking at numbers/numbers alone.

Can you please explain how diplomatic favor on each civic works? I just can't by looking at numbers/numbers alone.
I'm intending to push a new version by next week or whenever Gazebo incorporates the Tutorial component I left on GitHub. The diplomatic favor is reworked and works just like this. If you have the same civics in a category, you receive the + number you see here. Otherwise you receive a -5 if you don't share anything.

From crashing saved game

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    68.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Database.txt
    311.4 KB · Views: 79
Hey Enginseer
Looking through your code on the policies.sql file
I couldnt find the code for part of National Suffrage. Specifically and +10% Tourism from Historical Events. +0.33 Food, Production, and Gold per Citizen

All I see:
UPDATE Policies
SET EventTourism = 1
WHERE Type = 'POLICY_CIVIC_UNIVERSAL_SUFFRAGE' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM COMMUNITY WHERE Type='CIVICS' AND Value= 1 );

Could someone also point to where I can find this code for Theology

"Missionaries and Great Prophets of Foreign Religion to your Majority Religion cannot spread to your Cities."

Do you plan on adding something similar to the mod Civ names by policies mod to this mod? would be nice to see my civ name change based on my civics

I do not understand how

SET EventTourism = 1"

equals 10%
I dunno, G wrote the code like it in the DLL. I guess it gets added as a multiplication parameter.
Could someone also point to where I can find this code for Theology

"Missionaries and Great Prophets of Foreign Religion to your Majority Religion cannot spread to your Cities."
It's in one of the lua files, maybe lastgoodbye.lua but can't remember exactly right now. I can search it for you if you can't find it.
Do you plan on adding something similar to the mod Civ names by policies mod to this mod? would be nice to see my civ name change based on my civics
Seeing the names only in this mod's "window" would be pretty easy to implement, I could do it for you, if you wish. Seeing them anywhere else in the game (diplo screen, etc.) would require touching UI files which is more work.

Reminds me of Realism Invictus. Oh man, that system they had in which changed your flag, name, prefix all based on Era & civics selected, or whether you were a vassal or not. So fudgin cool.

edit: So, been playing with the mod for about 20 hours now. I was unsure whether or not it'd add anything solid & balanced to the game, so colour me surprised when I found out how much more granular and fun it made it. Mad kudos, friend <3

Btw, I'm sure you're aware but AI missionaries keep expending themselves in vain while I'm under Theocracy (no religion spread via missionaries/prohpets) https://imgur.com/a/EnFGyWZ

Last edited:
I don't know if you're going to make any more changes, but Theocracy feels way too good at a point where religion matters most and is really frustrating to play against. Yes, you can check if an empire has adopted Theocracy manually, but it completely shuts you out of even using a Great Prophet to change the religion of an opponent, even if it's not an opponent who founded the religion themselves. I think it should be nerfed, maybe to instead give a free building in all cities that increases religious conversion resistance? But, in the meantime, I've removed that part of it from my own games, which fortunately seems simple enough to do.

Also seconding the request for a "Civ Names By Policies" addition to this! Civ Names By Policies is one of my favorite mods and I'd absolutely love to see an equivalent for this.

I don't know if you're going to make any more changes, but Theocracy feels way too good at a point where religion matters most and is really frustrating to play against. Yes, you can check if an empire has adopted Theocracy manually, but it completely shuts you out of even using a Great Prophet to change the religion of an opponent, even if it's not an opponent who founded the religion themselves. I think it should be nerfed, maybe to instead give a free building in all cities that increases religious conversion resistance? But, in the meantime, I've removed that part of it from my own games, which fortunately seems simple enough to do.

Also seconding the request for a "Civ Names By Policies" addition to this! Civ Names By Policies is one of my favorite mods and I'd absolutely love to see an equivalent for this.

Yeah, I felt the same way about Theocracy. I almost never switched out of it, and when I did it simply wasn't worth the faith expenditure involved in purging my cities with inquisitors (couldn't out-faith AI missionaries). I also never switched out of Beaurocracy as well, though I probably should have in the late game.

how do you remove it?

Updated for VP 3+. See the main thread for changes.

Getting some unexpected behavior while playing Boudicca and having founded a religion.
Spoiler screen shot of holy city :
Civ5Screen0002.jpg

Pop-up informs me that a new religion civic is available. But, the Religion Civics choose box blocks one of the choices.
Spoiler religion civic choose box :
Civ5Screen0001.jpg

So, choice Organized Faith is blocked. Choice unavailable for the following reason(s): Requires Founder Status in any City.

Confused. Is this a glitch? or Am I missing something?

Nota bene: (1) holy city is not in capital; and (2) possible mod conflict with New Beliefs Mods (v16).

Top Bottom