Civilization 6: Mongolia

Civilization 6: Mongolia v4.1

NerdByFate

Chieftain
NerdByFate submitted a new resource:

Civilization 6: Mongolia - The Mongol Civilization, led by Genghis Khan, joins the worlds stage to dominate Asia once more.

In this mod for Civilization 6, The Mongol Civilization, led by Genghis Khan, joins the worlds stage to dominate Asia once more. Can you create a civilization to stand the test of time?

View attachment 459538

View attachment 459539

Civilization Ability: Mongol Terror - +7 combat strength vs. city states.
Leader Ability: The Yam - Receives 25% less war weariness than what is usual.
Unique Unit: Keshik - Replaces the knight, is ranged (43 ranged combat strength), and can move after attacking....

Read more about this resource...

In this mod for Civilization 6, The Mongol Civilization, led by Genghis Khan, joins the worlds stage to dominate Asia once more. Can you create a civilization to stand the test of time?

Civilization Ability: Mongol Terror - +7 combat strength vs. city states.
Leader Ability: The Yam - Receives 25% less war weariness.
Unique Unit: Keshik - Replaces the knight, is ranged (43 ranged combat strength), and can move after attacking.
Unique Support Unit: Khan - Provides 17 extra healing per turn and enables full wall damage.

Supports TSL for Giant Earh, Greatest Earth, and Largest Earth (YnAMP).

Last edited:
Only a 10% discount? I think Gilgamesh has a 50% discount in addition to a bunch of other bonuses just from his LA. The +7 combat strength vs city states is also shared by Barbarossa, and he also has an additional military policy slot. In addition to being weak, these bonuses conflict with each other; one incentivizes conquering city states and the other rewards you for sending them envoys instead.

Maybe give him a reduction to war weariness, some sort of bonus when he razes cities, and/or production boosts to cavalry.

Props for adding the Mongols in :thumbsup:

However, I agree with @FangoriousFae. The two conflicting abilities don't make sense together. You could buff and keep one of the CS abilities if you want to go down the CS road.

Some other ideas for abilities which would thematically the Mongols:
-All Mongol cavalry can move after attacking
-Double/Triple yields from pillaging improvements
-Mongol siege weapons gain extra moves to keep up with their cavalry
-Reduced war weariness (another good idea from Fangorious)
-Increased healing rates in neutral and enemy territories
-Unique Encampment district or unique Stables replacement
-Trade routes provide bonus gold and/or science
-Trade routes have longer range, cannot be pillaged

All of these should be able to be done pretty easily with straight XML.

Only a 10% discount? I think Gilgamesh has a 50% discount in addition to a bunch of other bonuses just from his LA. The +7 combat strength vs city states is also shared by Barbarossa, and he also has an additional military policy slot. In addition to being weak, these bonuses conflict with each other; one incentivizes conquering city states and the other rewards you for sending them envoys instead.

Maybe give him a reduction to war weariness, some sort of bonus when he razes cities, and/or production boosts to cavalry.
That was a fill-in. Don't worry, I never intended to leave the city state levy discount (which, if you had actually tried to use it, you would have realized that it didn't actually work) in the mod. I will likely buff the city state combat bonus in the future as well. I am currently, however, trying to implement the Khan unit into the game in some sense (as a support unit).

Hmm, the +7 vs City States still seems really underwhelming as a standalone ability given it's limited utility. Are you going to combine that with another ability to make the Civilization ability a bit more useful?
I do intend to. Give it some time, I was rushed to release this mod unfinished. That being said, you call it a limited utility. Conquering land in Civ 6, even if only city state land, can give you quite the edge - which is why I am considering simply buffing this ability. The proof.

NerdByFate updated Civilization 6: Mongolia with a new update entry:

Mongolia v3.1

Changes:
*City-State combat buffed from +7 to +11.
*TODO.txt updated

Read the rest of this update entry...

And here is the reasoning. The most pure combat strength you can get from military policies is +4 from Wars of Religion. Adding this to the +7 toward city-state combat results in +11. Take it as you may, this is the final update before SDKs are released.

NerdByFate, I suggest you reconsider Civilization Ability and Leader Ability. Why?
1) Civilization Ability: Mongol Terror is the improved copy of the Barbarossa's ability
2) Leader Ability: The Yam. The bonus is not logical content titles:
Yam (Mongolian: Өртөө, Örtöö, checkpoint) is a supply point route messenger system employed and extensively used and expanded by Genghis Khan and used by subsequent Great Khans and Khans.
Relay stations were used to give food, shelter and spare horses for Mongol army messengers. Genghis Khan gave special attention to Yam because Mongol armies traveled very fast, so their messengers had to be even faster, covering 200–300 km per day. The system was used to speed up the process of information and intelligence.
The system was preserved in Russian Tsardom after the disintegration of the Golden Horde.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yam_(route)
So, Yam = military mail, system of post stations. It is not connected with war weariness.

My ideas:
Leader Ability (Yam) - Your Encampment districts (
or Stables) provide +1 Trade Route capacity each (Carthage's C-S ability).
Civilization Ability (Yassa) - Receives 30% less war weariness.

Yassa. Yasser (alternatively: Yasa, Yasaq, Jazag, Zasag, Mongolian: Их засаг, Yehe Zasag) was a secret written code of law created by Genghis Khan. The word Yassa translates into "order" or "decree". It was the de facto law of the Mongol Empire even though the "law" was kept secret and never made public. The Yassa seems to have its origin as decrees issued in war times. Later, these decrees were codified and expanded to include cultural and life-style conventions. By keeping the Yassa secret, the decrees could be modified and used selectively. It is believed that the Yassa was supervised by Genghis Khan himself and his stepbrother Shihihutag who was then high judge (in Mongolian: улсын их заргач) of the Mongol Empire.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yassa

Thanks for your feedback, and I will probably make some changes in the future. Yes Mongol Terror is simply an improved version of Barbarossa's ability, so I can see your argument there. As for the Yam, consider this: having a regulated system of war-time message delivery would help to ensure that a battle would not go wrong due simply to lack of intel. This would, in turn, prevent unnecessary weariness caused by lack of intelligence on the battlefield, hence the war weariness reduction (which was my reasoning for it to begin with). I do like the Yassa idea, but I might implement it a slightly different way, if I do implement it (which, in fairness, will almost certainly happen; it might, however, be a while).

Last edited:
Leaders should be on the right side of the screen.

Besides, v4.1 shows Cleopara on the right side of the screen. Something is wrong here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom