Civilization Fanatics Is Brought To You By...!

Let TF (TeleFragged/ThunderFall) pay the bills with these minor, trivial annoyances. I like the fact this place is FREE.

I agree with Ohwell on this one.

At least it's not "THE CORE"

This was probably discussed many times before-

I dont see why there isnt a paypal or some other donation link. Surely there are some rich fools here with money to blow that could help TF or telefragged pay server costs for like a year or more and everyone would be ad free.

This site gets thousands of views per month it would easily be paid for.

Hmm. So if you were to visit the site earlier and then later on alternate days you could actually avoid seeing the Ad on alternate days.

Small price to pay for being able to post here for free.

But then, I don't come here via the mainpage. :p

Originally posted by Turner_727
Hey. . . TF's (Hmm. . .telefragged, thunderfal. .. interesting coincidence there) (in this case, telefragged) gotta do what they gotta do to stay in business. I'm cool with that.
I second that! :)

it kind of scared me to see the url having 'takeover' in it- i thought for a second that it had gon ethe way of so many free p0rn sites and had been swallowed by some evil multinational corporation:crazyeye:

It is annoying to have these in-your-face adds.

There are multiple pop-ups, too.

I have a link to the forums to dodge the spam, too.

Sometimes I want to see the headlines, though.

Get Opera, fools! :p </anarchywrksbest>

I usually don't get that advertising, so I dont' mind...

You know, if enough people stop ads, popups, etc CFC won't be free. Just a thought.

-paul

if we can live in a world where our lives are not intruded upon by unwanted advertising i would happily give up CFC :)

And thats the secret reason why I don't block pop ups. Instead I just close them quickly...

Originally posted by TeleFragged
You know, if enough people stop ads, popups, etc CFC won't be free. Just a thought.

-paul

I already get enough intrusive advertising with those huge ads that run in your screen - those javscript-ish thingies. They're animated and they can't be blocked; they can only be closed. Well if you block the site you can.

I also don't block banner ads either, because I hardly notice them. Although the "American Singles" ad is really beginning to sound appealing...:mischief:

Gaaah! Why won't this thread die! I'll stop whining, I promise!

Top Bottom