Civilization III Aeon

And here, with screen shot, is how it looks using Ares de Borg's terrain compilation. Though I did have to add the landmark.pcx file from Sn00py's Terrain so the scenario would work.

(Edit: Yes, I found a third Visionary Patriarch. I have no idea who the new civ is, but I expect to find out soon.)

Attachments

• Ares Aeon.jpg
    Ares Aeon.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 933
The only thing I would do is differentiate between the 3 nationalism gov'ts a little. maybe a building or small wonder for each. as it is now, they are all kinda the same. OH one other thing: decrease the cost of espionage missions. They are WAY too expensive. at one point i wanted to try and sabotage an American city's production and the cost was 65600... which was 3 times as much gold as there was in the world.
Thanks for the compliments, I'm glad you liked it.

Yes those 3 governments are very similar, I do intend to add a few things for flavor for them, but they just had to be in the game in some form for now.

The spy mission things aren't very well tested. The editor is vague about how it's calculated and I didn't put very much thought into the numbers here to be honest. Once that's fixed I'd like to make spies available earlier in the game.

actually, on the topic of wonders, given how cheap a lot of them are I think you should up the single city cultural victory goal. I reached it (unexpectedly) in 1970something. I was happy to win, but I could see myself getting that many wonders in berlin fairly often.
Again the culture victory isn't very tested either. 1970 sounds like a good victory date if you were actually going for it, but not for accidently winning via your "big and bad production city."

Also Germany doesnt have a WW2 era carrier. I'm sure you have a good reason for it, but what is it? haha.
They actually didn't actually have one during WW2 as far as I know so..yeah. :lol:

also: world map please! :)
I have a lot of ideas for future versions, of course a world map is one of them. My original thought was a 170x170 map with all 31 civs, but now I'm pretty sure that would have AI turns which would be too slow for me, but we'll see.

I'm interested in any feedback or ideas on these future plans/changes:

1. Epic game with world map.

2. A modern world map scenario.
a. with all 31 civs
b. or with a select most interesting/world powers, leaving out some

3. Is the amphibious trait too powerful combined with the strong/cheap naval bombard units.

4. Should movement be lessened? I would leave it as is for most non-military units, but military foot units and mounted/horse units would be reduced by 1 movement.

Meteorpunch, Does Aeon use one of the core Art/Terrain folders? If so, which one? from the look of the mod I'm thinking the PTW one. If so then I need to download Sn00py's PTW Terrain.

Update: Experimented. Went to Conquest Game Data/Art, made duplicates of the pertinent files and folders, then replaced the originals with the Sn00py version. It worked. Now I 'm looking for a better goody hut to replace the golden Frisbees.
Yeah you figured it out. It doesn't come with any terrain, but uses whatever normal terrain you have with the priority system; Conquests -> PtW -> Vanilla.

Hi MeteorPunch, i download your mod, i played few rounds until i got this message

by the way nice mod ,:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:
if i find something else i will post it or suggest to put something lol :cool:

Attachments

• Crap.JPG
    Crap.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 259
:) Thanks for the error report. That kind of bug would only affect a human player playing as Iran, which I hadn't tried. Here's a corrected file that will replace the one you're using - it goes in this folder:

Civ3/Conquests/Scenarios/AEON/Text

Removed. New version added 4-17-2010

The graphical works (icons, splash...) of your mod are very nice.. :thumbsup:
Wish I get time to play it~ :)

Let me start by saying that I enjoy playing this mod quite a bit. One little gripe (if it can be called that) is the research rate on the techs. It's like I'm finishing a tech every turn! I don't even have time to finish building 1 building in the time between starting and finishing research.

Example: I had the Wehrmacht wonder just long enough for it to produce 1 Blitzkrieg before the wonder was outdated.

There was one thing about the "no roads on mountains", but I can live with that. It forces me to plan out my strategy better.

I've yet to download any civ3 scenario successfully. With this one I have done everything noted, and yet I get this message when I start a game:

FILE NOT FOUND

"Art\Units\0 Worker NORSE\O Worker NORSE.INI"

The game will now exit

I've no idea what step I could have missed. Or does this thread assume other steps have been taken when downloading/using a mod?

I've yet to download any civ3 scenario successfully. With this one I have done everything noted, and yet I get this message when I start a game:

FILE NOT FOUND

"Art\Units\0 Worker NORSE\O Worker NORSE.INI"

The game will now exit

That is a problem. Where did you put the scenario files?

According to MeteorPunch, and also what was said in the previous post/s:
"The folders should look like this: Conquests/Scenarios/AEON"

That's where I Put the AEON Folder, in the Scenarios folder of the Conquests folder.
I put the 3 Aeon .biq files in the same Scenarios folder.

According to MeteorPunch, and also what was said in the previous post/s:
"The folders should look like this: Conquests/Scenarios/AEON"

That's where I Put the AEON Folder, in the Scenarios folder of the Conquests folder.
I put the 3 Aeon .biq files in the same Scenarios folder.

Apologies first for being late with this reply.

Now, what's under the Aeon folder? What does that folder contain?

The Aeon Folder Contains:
Art (Folder). Inside that folder are the following folders:
Advisors
Cities
City Screen
Civilopedia
Diplomacy
EraSplash
Flics
Interface
Leaderheads
PlayerSetup
RankView
Replay
SmallHeads
SpaceShip
tech chooser
Terrain
Units
Then the following "paintbrush image" files:
resources
x_tile

Came across this awhile ago and this is the first chance I've had to post it:
Hey Tank_Guy#3, thanks for sharing that error. That file must have been deleted when I went back and deleted the .pcx's from the unit folders. It will be fixed by placing the .ini file contained in this .zip into this folder:

Civ3/Conquests/Scenarios/AEON/Art/Units/4 SEA F

Attachments

• 4 SEA F.zip
    551 bytes · Views: 404
Let me start by saying that I enjoy playing this mod quite a bit. One little gripe (if it can be called that) is the research rate on the techs. It's like I'm finishing a tech every turn! I don't even have time to finish building 1 building in the time between starting and finishing research.

Example: I had the Wehrmacht wonder just long enough for it to produce 1 Blitzkrieg before the wonder was outdated.

There was one thing about the "no roads on mountains", but I can live with that. It forces me to plan out my strategy better.
The speed of the game I know feels fast, but mainly I want the game play to actually get into the modern era, which I was unable to have happen during earlier versions. Part of me wants a grand epic game that takes a long time in each era, but the other part doesn't want the game to take up too much time so people can have a life. :ack:

All of the unit building wonders follow a cost formula which makes them desirable to build - except Wehrmacht, it's completely a bonus to the German player which is not really something I want to happen, but I wanted the Blitz units to be available very short term. If you time your builds and make this wonder as soon as possible, you can actually get 3-4 units out of it which is like 1000 free shields.

flyingkitty, have you tried playing it more than once, if so, does it crash the same way with each civ? Sounds like a file is missing or not in the right place, like mythusmage has said.

wow this is looking real impressive way to go guys. it all looks pretty sweet.:goodjob:

Congratulations MeteorPunch, this is a very interesting mod. :) :goodjob: I especially like the way you did your techtree. May be I use this methode too for a WWII scenario I´m working on and may be the WWII part of an epic mod that is now in its final betatesting phase.

Some suggestions: May be you should switch in the scenario properties from monthly turn times (January 3882 BC and so on) to yearly turntimes (3882 BC and so on). Your governments definetly need more explanation, especially about tile penalties and trade boni and you could consider to allow a lot more civs in the game on bigger maps.

Keep on your good work! :)

Top Bottom