Civilization III Fixes (PLEASE READ)

When I try to build a city game crashes, offering to send an error report.
Game Version: 1.27f Play the World. Operating system: Windows XP sp2.
I tried to reinstall the game, close all unnecessary applications possible, change the settings of graphics card driver - neither of which has not helped.
Advise please, what should I do?

If something is wrong - sorry for the Google-translator :D

Ive been wanting to play hotspot in conquest but it wont let me change the setting or exit out. It does it on vista and win 7, for any multiplayer mode, does it in play the world also. I have to hit control alt delete and start it over again, because it wont exit out. Ive also tried the cd version and the pirated no cd version same thing.

every time i end the game and win and the game wants to load the score to the hall of fame the screen turns white and then it says it won't react anymore any1 has this problem and any1 knows how 2 fix it if there alrdy was a threat sorry but i didn't c it :)

thnx for the help alrdy

HighScores..cv3 i just saw i don't have this item in the map where it's installed does any1 know how 2 get it or where 2 get it?

i am having problems installing the game as it tries to access the install shield i get this error message, "Error installing ikernel.exe (0x10000)"
my os is vista, the game worked before i had to wipe my hard drive(the hard drive is fine now) just want to fix the install error message

I had problems with the game going screwy so I decided that a clean install would be best. I have done full complete uninstall including a manual delete of the remaining files.

I had the game going along nicely - I thought - but it went kablooey on me. I uninstalled everything up to and including CAII just because it has the name CIV in there somewhere. When I try to install it tells me that I have a CIV already on the comp and I should install to a different directory from the old (LOOOOONG gone) one. This happened twice last night.

As I said, I got rid of everything and then did a shut down for the night. No go this morning...

any suggestions?

all help will be greatly appreciated.

Delete the following folders:

C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{0AD84416-63A4-4CF3-BDDF-8FA866711FB0}
C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{4C2BF3B9-7E8A-49DE-B662-3656FE60BB01}
C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{F31BC49F-AB7B-4A53-A399-EB7331B585BC}

If you were to move them someplace else, it would effectively delete them, if you're concerned about deleting the wrong file.

I only have one of those files

C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{0AD84416-63A4-4CF3-BDDF-8FA866711FB0}

I was also able to install by telling the install to go to 2k...... that is now an empty folder but I have my Firaxis folder up and running. The program just set it upu anyway.

Should I still delete that one file... I am more than willing to do so.

I would. I'd also go into those folders and check the .ini files - there should be one in each folder - and make sure none of them say anything about 'Civ3'.

:eek: oops I mis read - they are folders. boy I am really doing brain dead well today :lol:

Will get rid of the one that I have - thanks.

I am having problems playing civ 3 on my new laptop. I am running vista and it installed ok. But when I go to play the game it says -- font error error code 28

I want to play this game on my laptop. I plays fine on my old home computer (older version of windows)

Help.

The only font problem that I know about is where you have to have the [Lsans] font within your first 300 or so fonts in your font file. Lsans = Lucida sans.

Is it possible you have too many fonts installed that start with letters from A- L?

Hey guys am having serious trouble with the editor and it seems these issues are only targeted for mac users.
Am currently creating a scenario which i've changed the technology tree around, deleting several of the later techs, renaming eras etc. Now i can't even look at the Medieval Era!
Also the game ends as soon as you build one city o.O, defeating the object of the game a bit (interestingly it's true for all players, so the AI players destroy themselves by building cities).
If its been brought up before i apologise, but i'm really busting the thinking cap on this one.

Well, the first line of your post suggested it was a mac.

:dunno: what to tell you. Make a thread in the C&C forum, those guys can help you better than in here.

Civ III worked fine earlier, but now it just... well, crashes. :nuke:. It's a very quick blue screen of death. Can't read anything, crash info appears and exits faster than 0.1 second and, you can't see diddly-squat.

Maybe it's because I installed Worldwide?

Hi. I don't seem to be able to use the left right up or down Arrow keys anymore to move units arround, although I can still use the diagonals. I have downloaded the patch and It worked fine before I got the patch and for one session after. I have had to use the go to command every time I want to move no on the diagonal which is annoying. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.:confused:

I am new to the forum. I have the identical problem with a new Windows 7 machine. Did you receive a solution?

Top Bottom