Civilization III Fixes (PLEASE READ)

Are you tralking about the arrows in the numpad? Those work to move units in Win7.

Civ 3 conquests issue. When I right click on a city or units the quick menu appears for 1 second and then dissapears. This makes it impossible to search for a single specific unit in a big stack to select it for an attack. This problem occurs on the single player mode. Can you help?

I am using Win XP SP3. Have tried re installing both civ3 and conquests. This problem never surfaced for years of playing the game.

Civ 3 conquests issue. When I right click on a city or units the quick menu appears for 1 second and then dissapears. This makes it impossible to search for a single specific unit in a big stack to select it for an attack. This problem occurs on the single player mode. Can you help?

I am using Win XP SP3. Have tried re installing both civ3 and conquests. This problem never surfaced for years of playing the game.

When that happens to me, it's usually among the first signs that my mouse needs replacing. Another sign that it's probably the mouse is, when clicking on scroll bars on a website, it will jump 2 or more frames down instead of one. If you have both issues, a new mouse should fix them.

I recently upgraded to Windows 7, and a newer computer. I installed Civ3 Complete, and when I start a new game it only gave me the option to play up to seven rivals. I was playing Civ3 Complete on an older machine running Win XP, and it would allow me to play up to 15 rivals. Has anyone had this problem? If yes, were you able to fix this problem?

I wanted to play Civilization 3 again, so I installed it on my Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit computer.

I installed Vanilla, patched it, it works fine. Same goes for PTW.
But Conquests is a different story. It seems as though the frame rate is just ridiculously low, so the whole game lags quite a lot, effectively ruining my playing experience. I have not found any way of resolving this issue, but I really want to play C3C as soon as I can. If someone knows how to fix this issue, please PM me here or send me an email at the_freak-666@hotmail.com
Thanks in advance,

Toxic

I recently upgraded to Windows 7, and a newer computer. I installed Civ3 Complete, and when I start a new game it only gave me the option to play up to seven rivals. I was playing Civ3 Complete on an older machine running Win XP, and it would allow me to play up to 15 rivals. Has anyone had this problem? If yes, were you able to fix this problem?
Different map sizes default to a different number of opponents. Standard size map is 7 AI, Huge is 15.

Okay so... I had to minimal-install the game on my computer, because it wouldn't install the normal one. I've done this before on a different computer (It was overloaded with music and stuff and just didn't have room), and had no problems with it. but now, when I hit middle-age, it just freezes for a few minutes and closes. I don't play online, because to me this game is more of a when-I-have-free-time kind of game, so I don't know if there's any other glitches... help?

Okay so... I had to minimal-install the game on my computer, because it wouldn't install the normal one. I've done this before on a different computer (It was overloaded with music and stuff and just didn't have room), and had no problems with it. but now, when I hit middle-age, it just freezes for a few minutes and closes. I don't play online, because to me this game is more of a when-I-have-free-time kind of game, so I don't know if there's any other glitches... help?

But another hard drive and do a full install. Storage space is cheap. You could also try upgrading your RAM, this could be an issue as well.

Hi
Running a C3C v1.22 singleplayer, I got a message : "maximum hyperlink text exceeded" .
So why does it hide behind the game-screen ( ie had to hit the windows keys to see what has popped up ) and what does it mean? Any risk to it like c3c crashing?

Hi
Running a C3C v1.22 singleplayer, I got a message : "maximum hyperlink text exceeded" .
So why does it hide behind the game-screen ( ie had to hit the windows keys to see what has popped up ) and what does it mean? Any risk to it like c3c crashing?
Were you in the civilopedia?

The only time I have seen this is in the mod CCM. And even then I had to ignore the warning message ('Don't click') that Civinator had put in on the strategic resources icons. I either exited out of the game to clear the message or rebooted; I don't remember which.

I don't think it affects the game in anyway, but it is distracting.

If this was an unmodded game I'm not sure how you might get this error.

As to why it hides behind the game-screen, well, think of it a warning message ('Hey, game modder, there's a potential problem here!') instead of an error situation that would cause the game to crash (like a civopedia text not found error). Think of it as a debugging tool; it is not aimed at the game player.

Were you in the civilopedia?

The only time I have seen this is in the mod CCM. And even then I had to ignore the warning message ('Don't click') that Civinator had put in on the strategic resources icons. I either exited out of the game to clear the message or rebooted; I don't remember which.

I don't think it affects the game in anyway, but it is distracting.

If this was an unmodded game I'm not sure how you might get this error.

As to why it hides behind the game-screen, well, think of it a warning message ('Hey, game modder, there's a potential problem here!') instead of an error situation that would cause the game to crash (like a civopedia text not found error). Think of it as a debugging tool; it is not aimed at the game player.

May be a tool.
But Its a unmodded game. ( Civ 3 + c3c + patch 1.22 ) Had a look at the other leader-heads ( diplomacy ) and wasn't able to choose another one so I left that screen and spotted something popping up and the game slowed down. Switched to win and clicked 'ok' under the message.
Seems to run without further pop ups now :)
Maybe its the map size and number of opponents? . If so , I shall conquer! :D

May be a tool.
But Its a unmodded game. ( Civ 3 + c3c + patch 1.22 ) Had a look at the other leader-heads ( diplomacy ) and wasn't able to choose another one so I left that screen and spotted something popping up and the game slowed down. Switched to win and clicked 'ok' under the message.
Seems to run without further pop ups now :)
Maybe its the map size and number of opponents? . If so , I shall conquer! :D
If you have Civ 3 Complete you don't need to patch it; it comes with the patch applied already. All three games are fully patched in that package/install/release/version.

If you got Civ III vanilla and then Conquests, it would need to be patched to 1.22.

Hey guys, I have this problem with my Civilization III (Vanilla) copy. I have 64-bit W7 OS and when I follow the instructions at that post how to install it, seems like there's no problem at all. But when I clicked the shortcut, it says "CivilizationIII.exe has stopped working.".

The entire error message goes like that:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Civilization3.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 3bb9d986
Fault Module Name: atioglxx.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.14.10.9232
Fault Module Timestamp: 4b208022
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000b212
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1055
Additional Information 1: c7e5
Additional Information 2: c7e5cd803a9c764a43cbc432fcabbc3b
Additional Information 3: dec9
Additional Information 4: dec9d10d4175c46981d25ed4749bc57a

I'd appriciate any kind of help since I'm about to go crazy because of that f*****g problem.

forgot to re name units after editing my own world on civIII complete editor. Unfortunately, the game did malfunction. Re installed, game works fine but the editor seems gone. Can't access the editor. Any advice?

Do anyone knows a way to boost Civ3 on later gameplay? many cities and large map causses game to be as slow as sleeping turtle!

Reducing the number of trade routes can help a lot. In scenarios, this is typically accomplished by either disabling Airports, or limiting the number of harbors (such as by requiring a resource to be in the city radius to build a harbor, or making harbors Small Wonders and optionally giving another building that allows veteran naval units). A surprisingly high amount of time is spent figuring out trade routes, as you might occasionally notice when pillaging a road late in the game.

Another suggestion I've heard, though it's less generally applicable, is making all buildings cost zero maintenance. Apparently maintenance calculations have a noticeable effect on AI turn times. However, this is less effective than decreasing the number of air/water trade routes, and requires some counterbalance on the economy like higher unit support, so it's a lot more effort for less decrease in turn time. I haven't done that one myself.

Beyond that, the main fix is fewer civilizations/smaller map :dunno:. Or possibly getting a faster CPU.

I have Civilization III Complete Edition version 1.22 I am running Windows 8.1 64 bit and I am trying to change the resolution to 1600x900 and have tried creating a conquests.ini file but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you. It is a download version not a STEAM version.

Top Bottom