• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword - Expansion no2!

i would like to see some advanced setup features for online play...

namely, like global options for whoever sets up the map. my system runs Civ4 perfectly and the highest settings, but i joined a game the other day and other players were *****ing because i didnt have certain settings. they wanted me to turn on single unit graphics, turn on low detail, turn on stack attacks.. etc etc. these are not the settings i prefer, but i can see how they would make a game smoother of someone has a POS computer, dial up, or how stack attacking could speed up a game (even if i think its tactically stupid).

it would be nice if during setup these options could be forced so i do not need to constantly adjust my settings for single player and multiplayer. if nothing else, it would be nice to have separate profiles for online and single play.

it would be nice to have separate profiles for online and single play.

This is pretty easy to do. Just create a new shortcut to Civ4, and add a command line option "ini=multiplayer.ini", and then make a copy of your civilization4.ini file called multiplayer.ini and edit the options in it to what you want.

i would like to see some advanced setup features for online play...

namely, like global options for whoever sets up the map. my system runs Civ4 perfectly and the highest settings, but i joined a game the other day and other players were *****ing because i didnt have certain settings. they wanted me to turn on single unit graphics, turn on low detail, turn on stack attacks.. etc etc. these are not the settings i prefer, but i can see how they would make a game smoother of someone has a POS computer, dial up, or how stack attacking could speed up a game (even if i think its tactically stupid).

it would be nice if during setup these options could be forced so i do not need to constantly adjust my settings for single player and multiplayer. if nothing else, it would be nice to have separate profiles for online and single play.

You may be able to do this under the Options>Other tab. You can create and save different profiles. Before entering a game you could click on Advanced>Options and select the profile you want.

I just don't get whats taking Firaxis so long to put up a freaking website. It was ok in March, but were in MAY for god's sake.

Now that you mention it, it does seem like it's taking an unusual length of time. Especially for something that's supposedly coming out in two months.

Now that you mention it, it does seem like it's taking an unusual length of time. Especially for something that's supposedly coming out in two months.

Yep, I want some news about the expansion. Is checking each day, and nothing is to be found! :cry:

BtS is coming out in 2 months? Isn't it coming out next year?

Woah! I didn't know that.

I just don't get whats taking Firaxis so long to put up a freaking website. It was ok in March, but were in MAY for god's sake.
We're not waiting on Firaxis, it's 2K who does all that stuff now.

Even un-converted, $30.00 should be a full game to me.

I think people will buy it because they realize the CIV4 franchise might disappear due to Take2's miscellaneous financial issues. But Take2 will kill the market if their 'expansions' turn out to be a small collection of half-baked scenarios.

I'm still looking forward to it.

I think so... I just don't like the idea of an expansion every 6 months or so... thought CivIV had enough to overcome this (mod possibilities etc).. for us in Brazil $30 bucks converted to reais turns out to be almost a FULL GAME, though I like these features more than those of Warlords..

just updating.. $30 omg.. and Cristo Redentor BIG LOL

do you guys think they had finished the programming for BTS, i mean, dont they need time to play some test games, mass-produce, and do the packaging

I doubt they've finished the programming yet...there's still almost 60 days. The core additions - corporations and such - have are probably mostly complete, but stuff like adding new leaders, civics, and scenarios likely still has some works to be done.

I'm not sure how far in advance they'll need to start mass-producing...maybe a week? I'm sure it's faster than my computer can create CD's ;)

Play-testing...they're probably already doing some of this to make sure nothing major is going wrong. They'll probably want a few weeks to work out the final kinks after having all the new features in.

Packaging...either it's done by an outside firm or they have someone whose job it is to do this. It's probably already done or close to it.

So, final programming done about a month before release, manual finished about the same time, and final edition finished a week or two before release?

Either way, I'm sure they have lots done they haven't mentioned yet.

I really hope they have a good colonization scenario in this one - like say, you get to pick between European powers and colonize any place in the world you like - that'll be cool. :D

Top Bottom