Civilization Request Thread

Hi guys. I hope that you can make two civilizations

First - The Duchy of Polatsk(or Principality of Polatsk)
Leader - Usiaslau Charadzei(Wizard)
His ability - The Sorcerer(Monuments provides +2 or +1 to faith)
Unique Unit - Vayar (replace Swordsman +33% to combat in forests)
Uniquе Building - Safijski sabor(Replace temple +1 to science)

about Usiaslau Charadzei https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vseslav_of_Polotsk

- Seal of Polatsk. Flag in the game can be similar to it

Second - The Republic of Belarus

Leader - Kastus Kalinouski
His ability - The impoverished shljahta(Pasture provides +1 to gold and production)
Unique Unit - Kasiner (replace Pikeman, +15% to combat versus gunpowder units)
Uniquе Building - Skaryna's printing press(Replace workshop, +1 to science)

about Kalinouski https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konstanty_Kalinowski

Flag in the game can be similar to it

Thank you and sorry for my English

Hi guys. I hope that you can make two civilizations

First - The Duchy of Polatsk(or Principality of Polatsk)
Leader - Usiaslau Charadzei(Wizard)
His ability - The Sorcerer(Monuments provides +2 or +1 to faith)
Unique Unit - Vayar (replace Swordsman +33% to combat in forests)
Uniquе Building - Safijski sabor(Replace temple +1 to science)

about Usiaslau Charadzei https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vseslav_of_Polotsk

- Seal of Polatsk. Flag in the game can be similar to it

Second - The Republic of Belarus

Leader - Kastus Kalinouski
His ability - The impoverished shljahta(Pasture provides +1 to gold and production)
Unique Unit - Kasiner (replace Pikeman, +15% to combat versus gunpowder units)
Uniquе Building - Skaryna's printing press(Replace workshop, +1 to science)

about Kalinouski https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konstanty_Kalinowski

Flag in the game can be similar to it

Thank you and sorry for my English

Well this is the most simplistic design I've ever seen on Civfanatics, my God it's hilariously simple! But in regards to tips If you bump the bonuses up a bit (instead of having say +1 science or faith instead make it +2 Faith per monument for example) and add one or two more parts to the uniques, this way you will get some simple yet effective designs, other wise nice work mitrik_bnr!

Now I will present to you the total opposite of mitrik_bnr design, mine and Arison's Ilkhanate design under Arghun! This design is based off the letters Arghun sent to the West, unfortunately I think we went a little overboard with the whole diplomacy thing. I like the overall design but I want to see if people can tell what's hurting the design.

Spoiler :
The Ilkhante under Arghun Khan

UA: The Franco-Mongol Alliance
Defensive Pacts last twice as long and give a combat boost to your units, diplomats increase the opinion of a Civilisation Leader of you and establishing an embassy also gives a higher opinion boost. Gain access to unowned luxuries in allied Civilisation and City State territory.

UU: Ilkhan Embassy (Great Merchant Replacement)
Cannot build Custom Houses, gain more influence from Trade Mission than Gold and can perform a 'Foreign Mission' into another Civilisation with or without open borders. This will increase the opinion of the Leader of you and you will be gifted free units and a defensive pact.

UU: War Galley (Privateer Replacement)
Whenever you become an ally with a City State or Civilisation a War Galley spawns in all of your coastal cities. If stationed in an allied Civilisation's territory increases that Civilisation's Leader's opinion of you if you are allied with that Civilisation, however, any converted ships are given to that Civilisation.

afaik the vast majority of that civ is literally impossible to do

Defensive Pacts last twice as long: Impossible I'm pretty sure

and give a combat boost to your units: Possible

diplomats increase the opinion of a Civilisation Leader of you and establishing an embassy also gives a higher opinion boost: This already improves relations so idk what you mean

Gain access to unowned luxuries in allied Civilisation and City State territory: Possible, although city states already give you their luxuries so this would only apply to civs

Cannot build Custom Houses, gain more influence from Trade Mission than Gold: Possible

and can perform a 'Foreign Mission' into another Civilisation with or without open borders. This will increase the opinion of the Leader of you and you will be gifted free units and a defensive pact: Forcing a defensive pact is impossible, getting free units is possible, not sure about the relationship boost although it might be

Whenever you become an ally with a City State or Civilisation a War Galley spawns in all of your coastal cities: Possible

If stationed in an allied Civilisation's territory increases that Civilisation's Leader's opinion of you: Not sure, probably not though, but idk

if you are allied with that Civilisation, however, any converted ships are given to that Civilisation: What do you mean by converted?

Defensive Pacts last twice as long: Impossible I'm pretty sure

and give a combat boost to your units: Possible

diplomats increase the opinion of a Civilisation Leader of you and establishing an embassy also gives a higher opinion boost: This already improves relations so idk what you mean

Gain access to unowned luxuries in allied Civilisation and City State territory: Possible, although city states already give you their luxuries so this would only apply to civs

Cannot build Custom Houses, gain more influence from Trade Mission than Gold: Possible

and can perform a 'Foreign Mission' into another Civilisation with or without open borders. This will increase the opinion of the Leader of you and you will be gifted free units and a defensive pact: Forcing a defensive pact is impossible, getting free units is possible, not sure about the relationship boost although it might be

Whenever you become an ally with a City State or Civilisation a War Galley spawns in all of your coastal cities: Possible

If stationed in an allied Civilisation's territory increases that Civilisation's Leader's opinion of you: Not sure, probably not though, but idk

if you are allied with that Civilisation, however, any converted ships are given to that Civilisation: What do you mean by converted?

No increase defensive pacts? Bummer.

Okay cool, a question though. How possible is possible? Like in general?

Okay so both the diplomat and the embassy increase the civilizations leader opinion of you more than normal, Allthough i didn't release that diplomats already did that.

Yeah I thought of that, still wrote it in, again hoe possible would it be to code that in?

So the first part of the Ilkhan Embassy is all good I presume?

Okay so defensive pact is impossible, units is impossible. But what did you say about the opinion boost? All you have is 'allthough it might be'.

Okay that's good to here.

Okay that's fine, I don't really like that one.

Yeah I didn't know what that meant since Arison design that War Galley, here is what it means in his own words. "As a privateer replacement, it can capture enemy ships. If you capture an enemy ship in an ally's territory the ally gets the captured ship instead of you. Does it say that that also improves the leaders opinion of you or did I forget to write that in?"

Yup.

100%. Just give your units some promotions.

Yeah.

100%.

Yup. The Venetian Merchant does something similar in that it has a modifier for gold and influence gained.

Units is possible. However, what a "Foreign Mission" is exactly will cause problems. If you mean a custom mission (and by mission I mean great person action, for example concert tours are missions) then you'll probably have to add in UI and use whoward's DLL IIRC. The opinion boost could be possible if you make a new diplomatic modifier and apply it when you perform a Foreign Mission, look at the Cree's UU for an example. I would suggest just giving the UU an existing mission and just removing what it does. For example, give it the ability to do a concert tour, but make the amount of tourism gained 0 and then you Lua to detect when it was expended in foreign territory to emulate the effects.

Yup 100%.

Less work for you lol.

I think that's possible, although it'll require Neirai's combat listener lua so you'll have to learn that.

Yup.

100%. Just give your units some promotions.

Yeah.

100%.

Yup. The Venetian Merchant does something similar in that it has a modifier for gold and influence gained.

Units is possible. However, what a "Foreign Mission" is exactly will cause problems. If you mean a custom mission (and by mission I mean great person action, for example concert tours are missions) then you'll probably have to add in UI and use whoward's DLL IIRC. The opinion boost could be possible if you make a new diplomatic modifier and apply it when you perform a Foreign Mission, look at the Cree's UU for an example. I would suggest just giving the UU an existing mission and just removing what it does. For example, give it the ability to do a concert tour, but make the amount of tourism gained 0 and then you Lua to detect when it was expended in foreign territory to emulate the effects.

Yup 100%.

Less work for you lol.

I think that's possible, although it'll require Neirai's combat listener lua so you'll have to learn that.

Ah okay, so most of it is possible, just requires a lot of Lua, yeah the Foreign Mission is a Great Person action. Oh I see what to do, I like how modding is just taking pre existing objects and just saying. "Okay you're this thing now and you do these things and you look like this."

Also here is another super complicated civ that I design for Arison, because I can't make simple designs for some reason. To be fair I just finished this a couple of hours ago with no editing what so ever so it's not polished at all. Oh btw the Civ is the Turkic underworld ruled by Erkilhan, the Turkic God of death and all things bad.

Spoiler :
UA: Ruler of Hell
Killed citizens in enemy cities have a chance to appear in one of your cities, spies stationed in enemy cities decrease the combat strength of the city and can cause anarchy. (Basically works like the coup mechanic, but instead it puts the city into anarchy rather than giving you influence. Also receive an extra spy that may or may not be gifted at the beginning of the game.)

UU: Karaoghlanlar (Great General Replacement)
Can not build citadels or give units a combat bonus, may attack and defend and has two hundred HP, each Great General has a unique ability based on who they are* and can enter borders freely.

UU: Evil Spirit (Missionary replacement)
Cannot spread religion or suffer attrition, but can attack and defend and has a chance to debuff enemy units and cities per turn. (So reduce their health, their movement points, their sight etc.)

Relevant UC that may or may not be apart of the core design,
Spoiler :
UB: Sacrificial Shrine (Shrine Replacement)
+1 food, no maintenance cost and spies are less effective in cities that have a Sacrificial Shrine in it.

*Name of all the Karaoghlanlar and their respective abilities.
Spoiler :
Karash Han: The god of darkness.
Reduces the sight of enemy units and has the ability to 'shroud' them in darkness, making everything around the unit fog of war for a turn, when near cities it harms their local science production and harms the global science production of a civ when in their borders.

Matyr Han: The god of courage and bravery.
Gives the regular combat boost of a Great General to nearby units and also when adjacent to Matyr Han units have a chance to do double damage when attacking/drive off enemies when attacking. Grants XP/health/combat strength to units when either Matyr Ham dies or a unit near Matyr Han.

Shyngay Han: The god of chaos.
After receiving a certain amount of XP Shyngay Han has the ability to scatter enemy units, spreading them out with a few side effects (lose of health, sight ,some units attack each other etc). When near enemy cities you can put them into anarchy for one or several turns at the cost of movement points.

Komur Han: The god of evil.
Reduces the faith output of a civ when in their borders and the local faith production of a city when near it, can cause heretics (barbarians) and evil spirits to spawn when in or out of combat.

Badysh Han: The god of disaster.
When friendly units are near Badysh Han and they defeat enemy units then there is a chance that the nearby enemy units are dispersed and/or damaged, can also decrease the health of a city and/or destroy buildings in a city/improvements around the city at the expense of movement points.

Yabash Han: The god of defeat.
Units nearby Yabash Han have a chance to move back when damage (beyond a certain point) and there is a small chance that killed units reaper near one of your cities, albeit damaged.

Temir Han: The god of iron and mining.
Can construct mines, build stone works, workshops and forges and can discover sources of iron while also rushing production in a city when garrison. Can only perform one of this actions once per turn.

Uchar Han: The god of informants.
Has a chance to learn about enemy unit locations and can 'peer' into enemy cities and see everything a spy can see.

Kerey Han: The god of factious'.
When near enemy units there is a chance that the enemy units attack each other and when near a city has a chance to damage the city without using any movement points or loosing HP. Can also force enemy spies to flee from your cities whether you know of their presence or not.

UA: Ruler of Hell
Killed citizens in enemy cities have a chance to appear in one of your cities, spies stationed in enemy cities decrease the combat strength of the city and can cause anarchy. (Basically works like the coup mechanic, but instead it puts the city into anarchy rather than giving you influence. Also receive an extra spy that may or may not be gifted at the beginning of the game.)

UU: Karaoghlanlar (Great General Replacement)
Can not build citadels or give units a combat bonus, may attack and defend and has two hundred HP, each Great General has a unique ability based on who they are* and can enter borders freely.

UU: Evil Spirit (Missionary replacement)
Cannot spread religion or suffer attrition, but can attack and defend and has a chance to debuff enemy units and cities per turn. (So reduce their health, their movement points, their sight etc.)

Relevant UC that may or may not be apart of the design,
Spoiler :
UB: Sacrificial Shrine (Shrine Replacement)
+1 food, no maintenance cost and spies are less effective in cities that have a Sacrificial Shrine in it.

*Name of all the Karaoghlanlar and their respective abilities.
Spoiler :
Karash Han: The god of darkness.
Reduces the sight of enemy units and has the ability to 'shroud' them in darkness, making everything around the unit fog of war for a turn, when near cities it harms their local science production and harms the global science production of a civ when in their borders.

Matyr Han: The god of courage and bravery.
Gives the regular combat boost of a Great General to nearby units and also when adjacent to Matyr Han units have a chance to do double damage when attacking/drive off enemies when attacking. Grants XP/health/combat strength to units when either Matyr Ham dies or a unit near Matyr Han.

Shyngay Han: The god of chaos.
After receiving a certain amount of XP Shyngay Han has the ability to scatter enemy units, spreading them out with a few side effects (lose of health, sight ,some units attack each other etc). When near enemy cities you can put them into anarchy for one or several turns at the cost of movement points.

Komur Han: The god of evil.
Reduces the faith output of a civ when in their borders and the local faith production of a city when near it, can cause heretics (barbarians) and evil spirits to spawn when in or out of combat.

Badysh Han: The god of disaster.
When friendly units are near Badysh Han and they defeat enemy units then there is a chance that the nearby enemy units are dispersed and/or damaged, can also decrease the health of a city and/or destroy buildings in a city/improvements around the city at the expense of movement points.

Yabash Han: The god of defeat.
Units nearby Yabash Han have a chance to move back when damage (beyond a certain point) and there is a small chance that killed units reaper near one of your cities, albeit damaged.

Temir Han: The god of iron and mining.
Can construct mines, build stone works, workshops and forges and can discover sources of iron while also rushing production in a city when garrison. Can only perform one of this actions once per turn.

Uchar Han: The god of informants.
Has a chance to learn about enemy unit locations and can 'peer' into enemy cities and see everything a spy can see.

Kerey Han: The god of factious'.
When near enemy units there is a chance that the enemy units attack each other and when near a city has a chance to damage the city without using any movement points or loosing HP. Can also force enemy spies to flee from your cities whether you know of their presence or not.

Holy damn, I can't wait to see what the civ under Tengri is going to be. Crap this is awesome.

Holy damn, I can't wait to see what the civ under Tengri is going to be. Crap this is awesome.

Oh you like it? You're welcome! Kök Tengri is going to take a little longer due to lacking certain features (basically he created the world and now sits in Uçmak) and other little things. I have a theory design, now to put it down on paper.

Also important distinctions I have to make, the Kök Tengri and Erkilhan design I'm making are based on the beliefs of the Turks when they started migrating West and their faith became more monotheistic like (eventually becoming Zoroastarian like with Kök Tengri being the good force of the universe and Erkilhan being the evil force of the universe).

The other distinctions are name based, I use Kök Tengri instead of just Tengri to again reflect the monotheistic change in the faith and with Erkilhan his name is just Erkil, Han is just the name of his postion as ruler of hell (you can also see this with his sons). So when you write Erkilhan the translation is: Erkil, Ruler of Hell. Which sounds badass and amazing! But yeah just some distinctions I wanted to make, this was a long time coming.

Edit: Oh yeah fun fact! Erkilhan has a dinosaur named after him. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erlikosaurus#Discovery_and_naming

Hello everyone!
So I had this idea for an Israel civ (modern Israel, not the Kingdom) and I wondered if it makes sense.

State of Israel

Leader: Ehud Barak

UA: Aliyah
Once every 15 turns, have a 50% chance of gaining 1 :c5citizen: population in one of your cities. This chance increases by 3% for each city outside your civilization following your :c5faith: religion. Upon researching Flight, the bonus increases to 1 :c5citizen: population in two of your cities.

UU: Merkava
Replaces Tank. The Merkava ignores terrain movement penalty and gains +3 :c5strength: Combat Strength per 100 :c5science: Science your empire generates.

UB: Hi-Tech Office
Replaces Research Lab. In addition to the Research Lab's :c5science: science, also provides +2 :c5gold: Gold and gives a boost in :c5science: science whenever an empire with whom you have a Declaration of Friendship discovers a technology.
Any criticism will be gladly accepted :)

Okay:

1. If your UA is Aliyah, than it should focus solely in the industrial era and onwards... And should be purely about migration of your religion's followers.
2. Any connection between Netanyahu and Aliyah is purely coincidental.
3a. IIRC the Merkava isn't from his reign... Though I suppose it goes considering the focus of the deisgn.
3b. While the bonus is excellent in this case, its a bit OP... How about +1 strength for every 50 science, or +3 for every 100?
4. Science institute? Replacing the university in a modern Israel? If anything, a proper university replacement fro Netanyahu should be Yeshiva or so, considering the massive amounts of money the taxpayers government is currently spending on subsiding them...

If your UA is Aliyah, than it should focus solely in the industrial era and onwards... And should be purely about migration of your religion's followers.

not really; the royal navy wasn't founded until the renaissance but lizzies UA still applies for the whole game. The same is true for... pretty much every civ. The Zulus didn't really do anything until the industrial era and america/brazil didn't even exist until past the halfway point of the tech tree.

If your UA is Aliyah, than it should focus solely in the industrial era and onwards... And should be purely about migration of your religion's followers.
While I do agree it makes much more sense from a flavour point of view, the UA's name is only supposed to give an identity to a relatively general mechanic. Sticking another name on it could probably make it work for another civ; that's how most UAs are.
Any connection between Netanyahu and Aliyah is purely coincidental.

IIRC the Merkava isn't from his reign...
Well, the Zero isn't really from Nobunaga's times either. It's just hard to find a leader that can be defined as the most iconic Israeli leader, considering they were all controversial in one way or another. Maybe Ben-Gurion can represent Israel better?
While the bonus is excellent in this case, its a bit OP... How about +1 strength for every 50 science, or +3 for every 100?
Yeah, I agree. I'll change it to +3/100.
Science institute? Replacing the university in a modern Israel? If anything, a proper university replacement fro Netanyahu should be Yeshiva or so, considering the massive amounts of money the taxpayers government is currently spending on subsiding them...
I did want to find some sort of science-related UB but it's pretty hard. Maybe Technion can work better?

Thank you for your feedback!

not really; the royal navy wasn't founded until the renaissance but lizzies UA still applies for the whole game. The same is true for... pretty much every civ. The Zulus didn't really do anything until the industrial era and america/brazil didn't even exist until past the halfway point of the tech tree.

True, but the base game has less than 40 civs in it. And I don't like their design for they most part (blah blah my opinion).
You could go with the Bahad (though there probably isn't any information about it in English), or with IMI facility (lame naming, but...)
As for the leaderissue, go with Rabin. Or Barak. or any Israeli PM who did something remarkable other than committing war crimes and getting away with them...

The Bahad does seem like an interesting choice, but for a war-oriented Israel.
I do have another idea for a unique building:
UB: Hi-Tech Office
Replaces Research Lab. In addition to the Research Lab's :c5science: science, also provides +2 :c5gold: Gold and gives a boost in :c5science: science whenever an empire with whom you have signed a Friendship Agreement discovers a technology.
I think this plays better into Israel's international technological relations idea.

As for the leader, Ehud Barak will work.

I quite like that one, actually.

Top Bottom