1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilization Request Thread

Discussion in 'Civilization Design Resources' started by TheTacticalApe, Oct 2, 2010.

1. DonStamos

DonStamos Mobster Inc©

Cold War America
    Ronald Reagan

*EDIT*

For COF

Space Age America
    John F. Kennedy

Moved SEAL to Kennedy, since he had a hand in founding that branch of the Navy, and replaced it with the F-15 for Reagan. I figured the extra bombing ability would make it more useful as a late-game unit. Both of these are more late-game Civs than most, but I tried to stay with the flavor.

2. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

i would slightly change this UB:
    UB:Market
    Unlocked at civil service. +1 gold and +1 production from all Bonus\luxury resources worked by the city, IF they already have at least one of those yields.

3. Scapegrace

Scapegrace Obvious Spambot

Oh, Urdy? Arsenal of Democracy's a Tenet in Freedom. Perhaps "Marshall Plan" would be a better UA, since it's kind of the same thing, especially if it was GPT rather than flat gold. =]

Anyhow, in the spirit of America timesplits:-

---

The Thirteen Colonies (Benjamin Franklin)
    Start Bias: Coastal
    UA: Join Or Die
    Ideological Tenets cost 33% less :c5culture: Culture. Each Tenet unlocked grants +1% :c5production: Military Land Unit Production and +2% additional Ideology Pressure.
    UB: Committee Of Safety (replaces Arsenal)
    +12 :c5strength: City Defensiveness, +25 City Health. Additionally, grants a +2% :tourism: Tourism bonus for each Military and Defensive Building in the City.
    UU: Continental Army (replaces Musketman)
    Heals at half the normal rate, but starts with Drill I, Shock I, Cover I, and a unique promotion, "Treaty Of Paris", that allows them, upon killing an enemy Unit, to generate :tourism: Tourism with the Major Civilization that owned the unit equal to that unit's :c5strength: Combat Strength or :c5rangedstrength: Ranged Combat Strength, whichever is higher.

---

Okay, explanation time. I'm sure we're all aware just where the names come from - hell, even I do, and I'm as British as they come - but why the certain points and attributes? Well, Join Or Die was a Franklin slogan to rouse the states into joining the Revolutionary War, which I thought synergized nicely with a Tenet bonus, even if it is a little late in the tree for the time period. The Continental Army's a very powerful unit, but it healing at half the normal rate is a trade-off for a slew of decent promotions that increase survivability, as well as being a reusable micro-Tourism Bomb. The UB is, well, unique; I don't recall there being a unique Arsenal anywhere else in the game, modded or otherwise. The Committees of Safety were organizations that kept a close guard on Loyalist agitators during the Revolution, and I think that synergizes well with the increased city strength provided; it also works well for providing additional tourism to fend off Ideology pressure from the hated oppressors. Or something.

Thoughts, chums? =]

4. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

I don't know how this will work since you first reach the policy threshold, then decide if you want to choose a Soicial Policy or an Ideological Tenet. Unless there was a warning notification similar to the one that alerts you when you can puchase a building/unit with faith. Maybe "You have gained enough culture to chosse an Ideological Tenet"

5. Scapegrace

That was what I had in mind, yeah. I also didn't want it to be too similar to the Basque idea I had a little while back. It just seemed that Ideology was the key feature for such an ideologically-motivated Civ. =]

6. Natan35

Remember what AW(or someone else) said? Ideological pressure is unmodable. Nice idea though:goodjob:!

7. Scapegrace

You... don't read what people say, do you? It's possible to give bonuses to Ideology pressure, but not to mod it directly (I think you can use bits of code from Cultural Influence levels, but don't quote me on that), and if all else fails, you can convert it to Tourism output, since Ideology pressure is tied to Tourism generation.

8. SULOMON

SULOMON Mod Civs Best Civs.

I had a Civilization 5 dream and I thought of some civs based around the ones in my dreams. Now I know most modders don't do fictional civs and the ones that do make anime civs or well known stuff like Mario. But if anyone finds any of my UAs, UUs or UBs interesting they can use them.

Savinoth
    UA: People of the Ruins- Ancient Ruins and City Ruins create a city when a worker ends their turn on them.
    UU: Spearman- Replaces the spearman. Heals 50 HP when pillaging a tile.
    UB: Institution- Replaces museum. Yields 1 culture. Antiquity sites and landmarks yield +2 culture when worked.

Mixolla
    UA: Architects for the Gods- National Wonders yield 1 faith and 1 culture. Buildings that yield culture or faith take 20% less hammers to build.
    UU: Falcon Warrior- Replaces scout. 8 strength. Has the woodsman promotion and has a 2 tile ranged attack.
    UB: Te- Replaces temple. Provides +1 happiness and +1 faith on unimproved jungles tiles.

9. Urdnot_Scott

Urdnot_Scott Sultan

:c5faith: The Anangu Aboriginals :c5goldenage:
    "Those who lose dreaming are lost"​

UA: Dream Time
    During :c5goldenage: Golden ages all tiles receive different bonuses*. Receive a permanent +5% boost to :c5culture: culture when leaving a :c5goldenage: golden age. :c5faith: Faith per turn contributes toward :c5goldenage: golden age progress.
    UU: Tingarri Anangu
    Replacing the Great Prophet, the Tingarri Anangu may not found a religion, but when adjacent to a natural wonder, generates :c5goldenage: golden age points for each adjacent unit. May construct a unique Anangu holy site, which generates :c5faith: +1 faith for every adjacent desert tile and +2 :c5culture: culture.
    UB: Bora Ring
    The Bora ring is available at Agriculture, unlike the shrine it replaces, and when built, increases the rate of border expansion in this city based off of its :c5faith: faith per turn. Yields +1 :tourism:tourism during golden ages. +1 :c5faith: faith.

Spoiler :
    *flat desert or plains tiles yield +2 :c5food: food, forest or jungle tiles :c5production: +2 production and marsh or sea tiles yield +2 :c5gold: gold.

Just leaving this here to keep my thoughts in one place. Thoughts anyone?

10. Natan35

That culture part is OP a bit.
    (So much for the moment I'm thinking: "hey, i get 100 culture cause of this golden age. I'm sooo going to use my great artist to extend it")

11. morlund69

morlund69 Chieftain

I'm left wondering of what use is faith when you have no religion and thus nothing to spend it on.

12. Natan35

It contributes towards golden age progress. Beside that, you can use it to buy great people(if you finish policy trees)

13. Phalanx300

Phalanx300 Chieftain

Splitting up Greece into Macedon, Sparta and Athens could make for some interesting nations. I can see why the devs didn't do this but combining Hoplites with Companions never really made much sense to me for the Greeks.

For Sparta I'd do something like this:

---

Sparta:

- UA: Agoge: Newly recruited melee and gunpowder units will start with a free promotion. Melee or gunpowder units which are garrisoned in a city with Syssitia will slowly receive experience.
    - UU: Spartan Hoplite: Replaces Spearman. Extra combat strenght (13). Starts with the following promotions: Cover I, Shock I and Formation I.
    - UB: Syssitia: Replaces Walls. Provides no defensive bonus to the city. Provides 2 culture and 1 gold to the city instead.

14. Scapegrace

There is, ostensibly, someone already doing that. However, I think the modder might have died or something, since I can't remember seeing their work or even who they are. Whoops.

15. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

It was More Civs, and if the Polynesian Split is anything to go by, those civs will come out... in 2017 or something :p

16. Viregel

Viregel , The Rt. Hon.

That's only two years. Stop complaining, More Civs is working hard on it. At times.

17. Natan35

1. *more whoopses
    2.we aren't complaining now! We are complaining at times...:p
    3. Two years? Im calculating how many civs will JFD have by then.... starting now....:p:lol:
    (Not trying to offend anyone though)

18. Phalanx300

Phalanx300 Chieftain

19. Urdnot_Scott

Urdnot_Scott Sultan

Arabia Split

20. spendabuck

spendabuck Chieftain

I don't really think that your Early America is historically accurate (no offense); the main problem though is the era & leader. I'd change it to a Westward Expansion America & make it led by Jefferson Davis or James Madison. Here's my take on an Early America:

Early America

Leader: George Washington

UA: No Taxation Without Representation - Rebellion is 20% less common in the civilization. Receive an additional Delegate once the World Congress is founded.

UU1: Minuteman - Same as vanilla.

UU2: Patriot - Unlike the Great General it replaces, the Patriot is able to construct Forts as well as Citadels (while it doesn't get consumed when creating Forts, it still gets consumed when creating Citadels).