1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilization Request Thread

Discussion in 'Civilization Design Resources' started by TheTacticalApe, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Scapegrace

Scapegrace Obvious Spambot

I can hardly contain my excitement.

2. Zantonius Hamm

Zantonius Hamm Gay anime communist

I don't know if that was sarcasm or genuine interest.

3. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

Pre 1967 Israel ideas:

Yeshuv
    Spoiler :
    Leader:Benjamin Za'av Hertzel
    UA:Altneuland
    Receive 1 extra world congress delegate per every 3 Declarations of friendship you have. May build Holy sites, Landmarks and Citadels in neutral territory to claim it. Each :c5citizen: citizen in a city reduces cost of :c5gold: buying tiles by 3%(up to 30%). Free Nadvan in industrialization.
    UU:Nadvan
    Replaces great merchant. Unlike the great merchant which it replaces, the Nadvan can't build custom houses or perform trade missions. Instead, the Nadvan can be used to acquire new tiles from friendly civilizations(for a sum of money), and to build plantations and yekev improvements. Provides 3 :c5gold: GPT.
    UI:Yekev
    Unique Yeshuv improvement. May only be build on plantations, and never adjacent to another yekev. Yields 1 :c5gold: gold, :c5culture: culture and :c5production: production. Yields one extra :c5gold: gold and :c5production: if there are more adjacent plantations. +1 :c5production: production from adjacent wine resources.

State of Israel
    Spoiler :
    Leader: David Ben-Gurion
    UA: Aliyah
    +2 :c5food: food in cities you found per every 2 :tourism: you have (maximum of 20). Doubled in cities that follow your religion. 10% of your :c5faith: faith output is converted into :tourism: tourism every turn.
    UU:Halutz
    Rifleman replacement. Starts with the amphibious cover (25% :c5strength: defence from attacks by naval units on coast tiles), and may build roads, mines, railroads, farms, forts, lumber mills and chop down forests.
    UI: Kibbutz
    Unique Israeli improvement. May only be built on farms, and never adjacent to another kibbutz. Yields 1 :c5food: food and :c5production: production in addition to a random yield:)c5culture: culture\:c5faith: faith) and 1:c5culture: culture and if built on desert\snow\ tundra. +1 :c5production: production after replaceable parts, +1 of the random yield after radio. +1 :c5production: production if adjacent to a horse pasture, +1 :c5food: food if adjacent to a cattle\sheep pasture. Unlocked at industrialization.

(I think the sarcasm was for me, the interest was for your ideas :p)

4. Danmacsch

Danmacsch Geheimekabinetsminister

5. Scapegrace

The latter for you, the former for Natan's interminable, boring obsession with making a modern Israel. Or multiple modern Israels, as the case may be.

Sometimes, there just aren't enough sighing emoticons in the world...

6. Natan35

Oh why I'm not surprised...
    (No multiple ideas from the same era. The first idea is industrial, not modern. Besides, we already have a modern Israel.:p)
    (My obsession is boring you? the irony...)

7. Scapegrace

Well, of course you aren't. Why would you be? My antipathy towards your ideas about modern Israel is well-documented because you keep bringing them up. At least this time they're in the right place and not slathered all over Leugi's thread like rotting blubber on a half-eaten whale carcass.

To paraphrase Hannibal Lecter, though, "I don't mind that you're dull, Natan, I hate that you're sloppy." The UA for the State of Israel is a beefed-up version of the Staatsmuseum from CL and RawSasquatch's Boers Civ. The Kibbutz entry is pretty garbled (I accept that English ain't your first language and yours is certainly better than my Hebrew), though I think the gist is that it grants additional yields based on surrounding improvements... which would be fine, were not the Kibbutz in Leugi's Israel doing almost exactly the same thing. The Halutz is a Rifleman replacement that does worker stuff, which is a little bland, but a quick browse through Wikipedia leads me to believe that it'd be better with (ironically) the Nadvan's ability to claim tiles... which is itself a beefed-up version of the Canada UA.

Here's my take on the matter. Feel free to rip it apart should you so desire.

---

Medinat Yisraeli (David Ben-Gurion)
    Start Bias: Desert
    UA: Ink Flag
    Great Tile Improvements and Landmarks generate +1 :tourism: Tourism for the City that works them. Holy Sites generate +1 additional :c5faith: Faith per :c5faith: Faith-generating Building in the City working them.
    UU: Machalniks (replaces Great War Infantry)
    Weaker than the GWI it replaces (43 :c5strength: vs. 50), but faster and starts with Shock I. Additionally, it starts with a unique Promotion, "Aliyah Bet", which allows them to be expended for a Tourism Bomb in the manner of a Great Musician. May be purchased with :c5faith: Faith for a discounted price and without requiring the Religious Fervor Reformation Belief.
    UB: Mossad Le-aliyah Bet (replaces Police Station)
    -25% Enemy Spy stealing rate. Additionally, grants a +5% :c5food: Growth and :tourism: Tourism Bonus per Major Civilization with whom you are at war. Costs 2 :c5gold: Maintenance.

---

Edited to make the Machalniks flow a little better with the second half of the UA.

There. There's a 1948-era Israel for you with a vaguely synergistic design based around tourism and warfare, which seems pretty appropriate given the tumultuous early years of the nation. Are. You. Happy. Now?

8. Natan35

Lets make something clear: its Medinat Israel, not Medinat Yisraeli, from the same reason that you say great Britain, and not great Briitsland. :)p)

I'm going to change most of the things to make you understand how do i feel your idea more correct:

Ink flag
    :c5greatperson: Great person improvements in :c5occupied: occupied cities provide +1 :tourism: tourism while worked. Receive an amount of :c5culture: culture if you reconquer one of your cities. All units within two tiles of city you capture receive extra HP and provide :c5culture: boost.
    Machalniks
    i have no idea where did that came from... oh, that machal... well, still no idea...

I wasnt sure what exactly you mean: if you were serious, or it was a play on words, so:
    Misrad Alliyah
    Replaces Constabulary. Increases :c5greatperson: great people generation rate by 10%, and converts 25% of the city's :tourism: tourism output to :c5food: food(maximum of 20 food may be earned that way).

Mossad
    Replaces CIA. reduces technology stealing rate in all cities by 25%. Internal trade routes to the city with the Mossad provides extra XP to units trained in both cities. +2 extra spies.

Congrats, Scapegrace, you got the most precious grade of 100 in history. Unfortunately, the subject of Israel isn't learned in history lesson.

9. Zantonius Hamm

Oh, Scapgrace, if you were a super hero your superpower would be making civs ridiculously quickly. Oh, wait, you already have that power. Congratulations, you are now officially a super hero. :p

10. Scapegrace

I don't make them. I just cook them up. Other people make them. I am a parasite, leeching off the success of others.

@Natan: You are labouring under the delusion that I give even the remotest toss.

11. Natan35

Well, that was idealicous argument....

12. Civ'ed

Civ'ed I ain't gotta explain a thing

To be fair, that's what most of us in this thread do :p

13. Zantonius Hamm

I meant civ designs, of course. :rolleyes:

14. Urdnot_Scott

Urdnot_Scott Sultan

That was my plan, but alas anarchy has broken out. Oh well, I'm gonna keep going on.

15. Natan35

Well, another(not modern) Israel split civ:

Judah
    Spoiler :
    leader: Matityahu
    UA: Miracles
    Receive :c5faith: faith and :c5culture: culture in the outbreak of war with a civilization that has more cities then you. +1 happiness from luxuries you have only 1 copy of. National wonders provide extra :c5strength: defensive strength and :c5faith: faith in cities.
    UU: Macabee
    Replaces swordsman. Receives :c5strength: combat bonus based on your :c5faith: faith output. Provides 5% combat bonus to adjacent units per every 50 XP.
    UB: Sanhaderin
    Replaces courthouse. provides +1 happiness. If built in non-occupied city, converts 25% of the cities :c5faith: faith output to :c5culture: culture and :c5science: science. Maintenance cost 3 GPT per turn. If built in an :c5occupied: occupied city, removes unhappiness and converts 50% of city's population to your religion.

16. west india man

west india man Immortal

*smirks jewishly*

17. Natan35

Dont tell me... you must have met ziggy been in the off topic forum, right?:p;)

18. Scapegrace

So, back on topic, here's something Asian and peculiar:

---

The Pyu Kingdoms (Kanyaza Nge)
    Start Bias: Jungle
    Capital: Sri Ksetra (full City list below)
    UA: Reflections Of The Heavenly Cities
    Cities gain +1% :c5rangedstrength: Combat Bonus when Bombarding enemy units for each Building in that City. Defensive Buildings increase the primary yields of all adjacent Tiles by +1.
    UB: Deva Gates (replaces Walls)
    +7 :c5strength: City CS, +50 City HP. +1 :c5faith: Faith, with an additional +10% :c5faith: Faith per Holy Site worked by the City in which it is built.
    UI: Ti Laknak Kahcha (All New!)
    Unlocked at The Wheel. Can only be built on Jungle Tiles (does not remove the Jungle), and improves any Resources on such Tiles that are otherwise improved with a Plantation. +1 :c5food: Food. +1 :c5science: Science after Construction is researched. +1 :c5faith: Faith after Civil Service is researched, with an additional +1 after Archaeology is researched, and a final +2 after you choose an Ideology. +1 :c5production: Production per adjacent Ti Laknak Kahcha after Ecology is researched.
    City List:-
    :c5capital: Sri Ksetra
    Halin
    Taguang
    Beikthano
    Maingmaw
    Binnaka
    Sadhuim
    Wati
    Thunapayanta
    Kyaussaga
    Kyinlo
    Ayadawkye Ywa
    Paletwa
    Kyaung Taw Yar
    Ywasaik
    Kale Taung Nyo
    Myegedwin
    Yon Hlut Kyun
    Kyauk Padaung
    Dhanyawaddy
    Taungba
    Kokkethein
    Bhamo
    Ywamon
    Nyaunggan
    Tuti
    Nyaung Bin
    Nagakyit
    Magyigyi
    Tharekya
    Otein Taung
    Anurada
    Kokko

---

I like to be comprehensive with my obscure Burmese nations. =]

19. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

Hm, I've always thought it'd be funny to have a civ where the cities had extra range, though I'm not sure if there's a way to justify that, this one may fit however.

Let's go more crazy however, is it possible to make cities gain experience and promotions?

20. Scapegrace

I do not even want to think about how nightmarish that would be to code.

LET'S DO IT.