• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Civilization Revolution Delayed in US & Canada

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
The official Civilization Revolution website has posted updated release dates. For U.S. and Canada, all three versions of the game (Xbox 360, PS3, and Nintendo DS) will ship on July 7th and begin to appear in stores on July 8th. Previously the release date was June 3rd.

In Europe, the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of Civilization Revolution will still appear in stores on June 6th, although the DS version will appear in July.

While North America is getting the game one month after Europe, 2K Games community manager Elizabeth Tobey wrote on the forum that there will be "a whole host of tournaments and giveaways and contests around the demo during the month of June in North America, and will have some gift with purchases available here, too, in July".

Bah, July 7 is half my summer gone. :mad:

Pocket History Rome, Slitherine's DS game, now comes into the picture - but it probably won't be out until late summer. Back to Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords!

In my completely unbiased opinion, it will, in fact, be awesome.

What about the Wii version that comes out in September (U.S). You didn't say anything about that.:confused:

What about the Wii version that comes out in September (U.S). You didn't say anything about that.:confused:

They dropped the Wii version, weeks ago. :deadhorse:

I WANT a Wii version! :trouble:

After CivRev,

:badcomp:

:D

The Wii version was "indefinitely postponed" about two months ago. We may see a port eventually, depending on the sales of the other versions. Believe me, I'm just as frustrated as you are, as it would have been a guaranteed purchase for me. I still think that Firaxis/Take-Two will end up regretting that decision, even if it looked like it made sense at the time.

:eek:Thanks for telling me I never heard that. Why more that 20.13 million have been sold and I'm guessing from the popularity of the PC version that maybe 5% of the people that have Wiis would buy it. Thats... 4.5 million sales which I think would be plenty of people, to publish (I stink at that stuff, tell me if you think my calculations off).

The Wii version was "indefinitely postponed" about two months ago. We may see a port eventually, depending on the sales of the other versions. Believe me, I'm just as frustrated as you are, as it would have been a guaranteed purchase for me. I still think that Firaxis/Take-Two will end up regretting that decision, even if it looked like it made sense at the time.

:eek:Thanks for telling me I never heard that. Why more that 20.13 million have been sold and I'm guessing from the popularity of the PC version that maybe 5% of the people that have Wiis would buy it. Thats... 4.5 million sales which I think would be plenty of people, to publish (I stink at that stuff, tell me if you think my calculations off).

Well your calculations are wrong for sure. Frankly I also think your guesses are wrong since even the BIG Nintendo titles have a hard time selling that much.

Still I do also feel that when/if the bring it to the Wii it will be a big hit there. Might well become the biggest 3rd party hit. But for now I'll just have to be happy with the DS version, which also looks like its going to be a lot of fun.

I told you I stunk at that. True about the DS, it's looks like the best graphics ever for DS. I hate that their not doing Wii, I don't have XBOX 360 or PS3. I can't afford them they're Xbox 360 350$-400$, PS3 500$-650$ witch I think is crazy. I could afford a Wii at 250$. And I'm definitely not spending 700$ just for Ci Rev.

Well your calculations are wrong for sure. Frankly I also think your guesses are wrong since even the BIG Nintendo titles have a hard time selling that much.

Still I do also feel that when/if the bring it to the Wii it will be a big hit there. Might well become the biggest 3rd party hit. But for now I'll just have to be happy with the DS version, which also looks like its going to be a lot of fun.

Given the state of BtS I would not jump in at first blush.

I told you I stunk at that. True about the DS, it's looks like the best graphics ever for DS. I hate that their not doing Wii, I don't have XBOX 360 or PS3. I can't afford them they're Xbox 360 350$-400$, PS3 500$-650$ witch I think is crazy. I could afford a Wii at 250$. And I'm definitely not spending 700$ just for Ci Rev.

Fully agree! Same here and despite it being Civilization, I'm also not going to buy a 360 or PS3 for it. I do own a Wii though, so still hoping we'll see that some day!

Given the state of BtS I would not jump in at first blush.

I'm having great fun playing BTS, if CivRev comes close to that and makes it portable on my DS, I'm quite happy already. I'm going to dive in, thus my copy is preordered.

Me too, Me too.;)

Fully agree! Same here and despite it being Civilization, I'm also not going to buy a 360 or PS3 for it. I do own a Wii though, so still hoping we'll see that some day!

I'm having great fun playing BTS, if CivRev comes close to that and makes it portable on my DS, I'm quite happy already. I'm going to dive in, thus my copy is preordered.

Top Bottom