Civilization V: Who/What Am I?

Barbarosa?
I count this answer good, because there is one Barbarossa in civ 5 as far as I checked. It was Hayreddin Barbarossa

Good heavens, this has got to be as unclear as my last clue. :lol:
Apparently yes. Ok the first clue was too difficult, but I hoped the other two were somehow helpfull.

Clue 1: We started with 4 of us, after 1 fell 2 of the remaining 3 took the opposite direction the 3rd joining later. At an event the other 2 fell leaving me, the goodness, alone. Hayreddin Barbarossa with his 3 other brothers (4 in total) started as sailors, after 1 died in in a trade expedition after a sea attack by the Knights of St. John, two of the brothers Oruc Reis (Baba Aruj) and Hayreddin Barbarossa became privateers themselves (referring to the opposite direction), the oldest brother joined them later. At the defence of a city the other two brothers died, leaving Hayreddin ( the goodness) alone.

Clue 2: I can be seen as the main reason for one of the civs UA, but in the game I am available to everyone in a less functional way.
Hayreddin Barbarossa and his brothers captured part of the barbary coast around Algiers as privateers/corsairs. At a certain moment Hayreddin Barbarossa joined the Ottoman Empire. So he can be seen as the reason why the Ottomans have the Barbary Corsair UA, but he is in the game as a Great Admiral, which is available to everyone and is considered not that usefull.

Clue 3: I am known by my 2 nicknames, one given by my enemies although I don't have a red beard, the other (hidden in clue 1) given by my leader, which also has the UA mentioned in clue 2.
His actual name was Hizir, but he is known with his 2 nicknames. One given by the Italians to his brother, because of his brother Oruc Reis red beard (Barbarossa). He "inherited" this name when his brother died. The other Hayreddin (translated as goodness to the religion), was given by the Ottoman sultan Suleiman for his deeds.

Wasn't meant as a clue, but I'll just call it a clue then. It won't be warrior, but you can guess again

So yeah, here it is:

Clue #1: I don't have anything

ocean tiles

Top Bottom