Civilization World comes to Facebook

seems like a good opportunity to acquaint more people with CIV. if these people want more of it they might even end up playing CIVV and CIVIV.
But given that Firaxis is a company they'd be stupid to pass up on the Facebook-horde.

It will probably be a "free to play" game. This means that while the core features of the game are fully free to use for all, there might be certain purchasable upgrades you can get, whether they be unique leaders or units or whatever. Most major Facebook games have some manner of micropurchases in it.

I might make a team for this and would like to try this out. I did got a little dissapointed that it looked like a Zynga game.

They're just looking for new blood. Majority of facebookers are what....highschoolish kids?

So what...big deal....it's a marketing scheme.... Sue them.

-.-

Facebook is not "highscholish kids". It has real utility for contacting people and got started in college communities. Most of those people are in their mid 20's now. MySpace died because it was mostly "highschoolish kids". Facebook is different although it can be used by kids trying to broadcast themselves every time they have a great poop.

Facebook is not "highscholish kids". It has real utility for contacting people and got started in college communities. Most of those people are in their mid 20's now. MySpace died because it was mostly "highschoolish kids". Facebook is different although it can be used by kids trying to broadcast themselves every time they have a great poop.

As a highschool student, most of the people in my friend list are my peers. Most of them post really stupid statuses like "I'm so bored. txt me". It gets annoying when I see those and don't get me started on the poking war.

This is ridiculous. I want to play a real Civ game, not some dumb downed facebook version. Firaxis has really stooped low.

In that case you have Civ 1 to Civ V to choose from. Heaven forbid Firaxis try to get in on the most popular gaming platform of all time, you entitled crybabies.

Don't do it facebook is a trap, and no it won't be available outside of facebook.

I won't do it either. As I played MafiaWars and FootballMania on Facebook (both to quite a high level) my experience just is: Games never work on Facebook, regardless how good the admin staff of a game is, because Facebook as itself actually doesn't work. You'll always have probs to interact with specific people, so you never get out of a game there, what your input is worth.
Security of personal data aso. is just another issue on Facebook and just another cause not to use it.

I'm pretty excited. I have played a few facebook games, but never really got addicted to any. There is a heck of a lot of potential to make a very rich social game through the platform.

Plus since I welcome another Civ game I can actually play. I don't even have a fast enough PC to run Civ IV. I have been playing Civ III for a decade and Civ Revolution for a while now. I suck...

I wonder how it would look. Just like Zynga games or something more complex. I playing City of Wonder on FB now, it is ... about building Civ too. Tech tree and so on. Anyone played CoW? I wonder if Civilization World would be just the same but bit better, or something more different?

Top Bottom