Civilization's City Name Thread

I see, but i'll add the greenland cities if capo allows it.

What are you planning do to for civs that had few (if any) documented cities, such as the Huns?

Cities they conquered/pillaged?

'The huns have raz... ahem, founded Rome in a distant land'

It might work, assuming Rome isn't represented in the same game. "Rome has been razed by the Hunnic Empire" "Rome has been founded by the Hunnic Empire" "Julius Caesar has capitulated to the Hunnic Empire"

The coolest would have been if they actually had that founding message and a city list consisting only of other civs cities:
"Washington have been raz... ahem, founded by the Hunnic Empire"

Noo... that's way too boring. I would rather see the huns raz... ahem, found Washington :D

Here is the (current) list of Hunnic cities in Diplomacy II:

1. Szeged
  2. Tápiószentmárton
  3. Margus
  4. Viminacium
  5. Sigindunum
  6. Sirmium
  7. Ratiara
  8. Naissus
  9. Serdica
  10. Philippopolis
  11. Arcadiopolis
  12. Pliskusa
  13. Preslav
  14. Odessos
  15. Madara
  16. Stara Zagora
  17. Pleven
  18. Sliven
  19. Dobrich
  20. Bourgas
  21. Rousse
  22. Shumen
  23. Montana
  24. Vraca
  25. Zalagerszeg
  26. Haskovo
  27. Kazanlak
  28. Gabrovo
  29. Veliko Tarnovo
  30. Great Bulgar

I think the list is fine, any suggestions or comments though?

Any chance that you can include a 'the huns have pillaged the city of (for example) Margus in a distant land and is now settling down on the ruins' message when they found a new city?

Here is the (current) list of Hunnic cities in Diplomacy II:

1. Szeged
  2. Tápiószentmárton
  3. Margus
  4. Viminacium
  5. Sigindunum
  6. Sirmium
  7. Ratiara
  8. Naissus
  9. Serdica
  10. Philippopolis
  11. Arcadiopolis
  12. Pliskusa
  13. Preslav
  14. Odessos
  15. Madara
  16. Stara Zagora
  17. Pleven
  18. Sliven
  19. Dobrich
  20. Bourgas
  21. Rousse
  22. Shumen
  23. Montana
  24. Vraca
  25. Zalagerszeg
  26. Haskovo
  27. Kazanlak
  28. Gabrovo
  29. Veliko Tarnovo
  30. Great Bulgar

I think the list is fine, any suggestions or comments though?

Several of those have older Roman names, but I don't know if that bothers you enough that you'd want to change it.

Any chance that you can include a 'the huns have pillaged the city of (for example) Margus in a distant land and is now settling down on the ruins' message when they found a new city?

That sounds like it needs Python to work...

Go ahead and post which ones I could change and I'll take a look.

Cities as they were known in Roman times:

Szeged -> Partiscum
Philippopolis -> Trimontium
Odessos -> Odessus
Stara Zagora -> Ulpia Augusta Traiana
Pleven -> Storgosia
Sliven -> Selymnos
Bourgas -> Debeltum
Rousse -> Sexaginta Prista
Montana -> Municipio Montanensium
Vraca -> Valve

Cities that are already in their Roman-era name:

Margus
Viminacium
Sigindunum Singidunum
Sirmium
Ratiara Ratiaria
Naissus
Serdica Ulpia Serdica
Arcadiopolis

Post-Roman settlements [mostly Bulgar/Hungarian if you plan on implementing either civ]:

Tápiószentmárton
Pliskusa
Preslav
Madara
Dobrich
Shumen
Zalagerszeg Zalaegerszeg
Haskovo
Kazanlak
Gabrovo
Veliko Tarnovo
Great Bulgar

Ultimately it's not particularly important, but I wasn't sure how immersive you wanted to be.

I found out I'm of Hunnic descent...:S That city would be Ramsau am Dachstein, but I don't know if there's another name for it. The city on the other side of the Dachstein, Hallstatt, was Celtic (I am Celtic-Hun in the event that the two ever met)

I found out I'm of Hunnic descent...:S That city would be Ramsau am Dachstein, but I don't know if there's another name for it. The city on the other side of the Dachstein, Hallstatt, was Celtic (I am Celtic-Hun in the event that the two ever met)

You are a Hun and a Celt? :confused:

Apparently...My mom's family comes from an area that had a large Hun presence and over the mountain was a Celtic tribe. We suspect we may be part Hun because we all have very Asian-looking eyes, even though we're mostly Germanic-looking aside from that.

But still... you live in South America and have both North European and Hunnic ancestors... hmm :confused:

I'm 25% Peruvian (of Basque descent), 25% Austrian (of Hunno-Celt descent), 25% German (unclear), 25% American (of Scottish/Iroquois descent). My grandma on my dad's side is from Arequipa, my grandpa on my dad's side is from Sofia, West Virginia, my grandma on my mom's side is from Ramsau am Dachstein, Austria, and my Grandpa on my mom's side is from somewhere in Germany.

Top Bottom