1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilizations that should be in RFC

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by Linkman226, Mar 11, 2011.

1. thadian

thadian Kami of Awakened Dreamers

Celts
    Tuscany
    Mapuche

Now, lets make some historical flavor changes, please.

Inca renamed Tawantinsuyu to represent Quecha Culture. The leader renamed "Sapa Inca", who was responsible for Quecha culture expanding from lake Titicaca to Cuzco.

New Independent Cities for Chimu - When Inca spawns, they will have units and Chimu will be nearly undefended. The intention is that Inca will defeat Chimu, as they did in the late 1480's.

1200 Chimú and Chancay cultures established; Manco Cápac becomes the first Inca (emperor) and founds the Inca Empire.
    1300 Ica-Chincha culture flourishes in south-central Peru.
    1350 Inca Roca (6th Inca) establishes Cusco dynasty.
    1375 Chimú takeover of Moche territory.
    1400 Tschudi Palace at Chan Chan built.

This is from sacred-destinations.com and i think the Inca would be more fun if you start out with a conquest against the Chimu. This conquest will add some good fun to the Inca game, and will give them something to do other than hope to have enough tech by the time japan discovers them.

This would not only allow Inca to start off as the conquerors they were, but the re-name of the Leader can become Atahualpa the moment a foreigner discovers the Inca. When Cusco falls, the leader should name-change to Manco Inca. This will represent the final dynasty and collapse after conquest.

The Mapuche were important to Inca conquest because not only did they resist the spaniards, they drove away the power of Inca at The Battle of the Maule.

There should be this event:

The northernmost Inca city, Quito will rebel against Cuzco and the player must re-unify the empire. This means of collapse could be integrated into the UHV and be associated with the conquistadors event.

2. constantinople

constantinople not Istanbul

That could work, South America does need another civ.

3. Airrifle48942

Airrifle48942 Chieftain

Germany is usually a very overpowered civilisation in my game. A Polish-Lithuanian civilisation or an Austro-Hungarian one (even if it's before their united phase) would be an idea. When I'm playing a 34 civs scenario, I always move the Holy Roman civ to where the Swedish or Austrians would be to try and even Germany out.

Also, I would oppose the Native Americans and Zulus as a civilisation, because they covered a minor space and also the Native Americans were really only just tribes, they weren't united. The Native American civilisation was included in the game as what it would be like if they were all united.

4. constantinople

Leoreth added Poland and Holy Rome (Germany spawns as Prussia in 1700). The problem is, Europe is already cramped enough and the cultural boundaries look really awkward.

The Zulus and Native Americans were added in Jarkov's RFC mod and I too believe the civs shouldn't be added. Plus, it really interferes with European colonization and in the case of Native Americans, the American Manifest Destiny. It would also suck for the Native Americans to respawn...

5. freethink

freethink Chieftain

I think including the Native Americans might work,(iffy) to simulate the rebellion of Tecumseh, it might make the early American Game feel more historical or just fun or it might not do either... The native confederation should have quota of American Cities they have to overrun within a period of time or they will fall completely. They should have a unique unit which has bonuses against Calvary and Riflemen. They would have to start off as technologically backward compared to the western nations, but they could receive techs as they conquered cities. I dont think it would be a good idea to make them playable..

I agree on the Zulu shouldnt have a civ.

6. constantinople

It's only fun if you're playing as the Native Americans. If you're playing as the US, the Native Americans control part of the Midwest and part of the Plains States.
    Also, Europeans get a unit spawn when making contact with the Amerindians, just like when they meet the Aztecs or Incas, but it is only about five units and they usually get killed by the smallpox plague that spawns.