Civilizations that should be in RFC

On your UHV ideas: where's the challenge in controlling Russia and China when you've already steamrolled all of Europe as the Huns? Also, "be alive in X AD" is a rather redundant goal because you obviously have to be alive to win the game.

I suppose the challenge would to keep (or reconquer them) after the Russian, German, and Turkish (plus any barbs/indipendents representing Bulgars, Magyars, etc) spawn. The Vikings could also be encouraged to try to advance into Central and Eastern Europe, to represent those Varangians that didn't become the Rus. I suppose the tricky bit, for a programming perspective, would be to ensure that the Hunnish conquests didn't also trigger the "Mongol" UHV.

Other than that, without advertising myself too much, have you taken a look at my mod yet? It hasn't fully achieved the accuracy for the steppe peoples you strive for, but at least it features Mongols that are a whole lot more active and regularly conquer China, parts of Russia and the Middle East.

Not yet, but I'll give it a go.

1: Seljuks
2: Civs added in DoC

I want:
New Civs
  • Korea
  • Indonesia as either Srivijaya or Majapahit
  • Kingdom of Kongo
  • Native America or Iroquois or Sioux
  • Chagatai Khanate or another central-Asian civ
  • Tibet
  • Kingdom of Zimbabwe
  • Byzantine Empire
  • Celts
  • Respawn Khmer as Siam or Burma
  • Respawn Rome as Italy
  • Respawn Aztec as Mexico

New Cities
  • Independent city representing Sri Lanka
  • Independent city representing Kingdom of Tondo
  • Independent city representing Brunei
  • Independent city representing Poland
  • Independent city representing Kanem Empire
  • Independent cities representing Xiongnu

I suggest:

Split
Russia -> Kievan Rus and Muscovy
Holy Rome -> Germany and Hungary/Austria
or add city: Kiev, Budapest

Add new civ:
Polish/Lithuanian
Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth was the largest and one of the most populous countries of 16th- and 17th‑century Europe!

Thank you.

Zulu/ Kongo/ Swahili - all three bantu civs ocupy an open area
Polynesia- occupies empty area (the Pacific)
Iroquois/ Sioux - resist colonial expansion, relativly empty area
Isreal - whynaut?
Kiev/ Poland
Srijaya (Indonesia) - relativly empty area

My suggestion:

some post-colonized civs,such as:
brazil/argentina/columbia(Inca respawn)/mexico(Aztec respawn)/australia/canada/

and more european civs(since there're more asian civs),such as:
poland-lithuania/prussia(the holy rome change to austria when prussia spawn)/sweden(viking change to norway-denmark when sweden spawn)/

My 2 cents. As a chilean living in Brazil, this might be biased, but i have a working knowledge of latin america history, so it might help:

On the Brazil issue, i think keeping a united civ for both Portugal and Brazil (and maybe tweaking the dynamic naming) is satisfactory. From a historical perspective, Brazil was almost a continuation of the Portuguese kingdom. The transfer of the portuguese court from Lisboa to Rio de Janeiro in eve of Napoleon's invasion elevated Brazil from a mere colony to the seat of the "United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and Algarves". Furthermore, brazilian independence was remarkable pacific, at least compared with spanish colonies. To top it off, while most latin american countries started as republics, independent Brazil became an empire ruled by Pedro I, son of João VI.

For former spanish colonies, the issue is complicated by the sheer amount of countries. I think the only satifactory manner to model the spanish colonies is by including Gran Colombia, whose UHV could be to unify all former spanish colonies. Mexico could be a respawn of Aztecs, and Peru a respawn of Incas.

Yet another suggestion, albeit a very biased one, would be to include the Mapuche to fill in the southern cone of america. Historically, the Mapuche resisted encroachments from the spanish from the 1500s, only being subjugated by the independents Chile and Argentina in the late 1800s.

On the Brazil issue, i think keeping a united civ for both Portugal and Brazil (and maybe tweaking the dynamic naming) is satisfactory. From a historical perspective, Brazil was almost a continuation of the Portuguese kingdom. The transfer of the portuguese court from Lisboa to Rio de Janeiro in eve of Napoleon's invasion elevated Brazil from a mere colony to the seat of the "United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and Algarves". Furthermore, brazilian independence was remarkable pacific, at least compared with spanish colonies. To top it off, while most latin american countries started as republics, independent Brazil became an empire ruled by Pedro I, son of João VI.
In gameplay terms, the Portuguese capital got captured, then was immediately moved to Rio de Janeiro.

For former spanish colonies, the issue is complicated by the sheer amount of countries. I think the only satifactory manner to model the spanish colonies is by including Gran Colombia, whose UHV could be to unify all former spanish colonies. Mexico could be a respawn of Aztecs, and Peru a respawn of Incas.
Colombia and Argentina would be nice additions.

Yet another suggestion, albeit a very biased one, would be to include the Mapuche to fill in the southern cone of america. Historically, the Mapuche resisted encroachments from the spanish from the 1500s, only being subjugated by the independents Chile and Argentina in the late 1800s.
Maybe separating the Old Word natives from the New World natives would be good enough, so that players could be at peace with one (through the random events) and remain at war with the other.

Add the Khwarezmid Empire as civ or the Kara-Khitan Khanate,
can later respawn as the Dzungar Khanate.

Xianbei -> Khitan
Jurchen -> Manchu
Kipchak -> Crimean Khanate
Bulgaria
Morocco
Aragon
Chola
Oman
Sweden

Wait, wheres Aragon going to fit as a separate civ in
iberia? Bulgaria and Morocco are good ideas though.

On my opinion, Europe is already filled up with too many civilizations. But I do agree there should be an Israel and some African civilizations.

I think Brazil should be added because there is only one South American civilization (Incas) and Morocco or the Berbers should be added.

Israel
The Power of the Chosen People: Missionaries can enter rival borders
UHV1: Spread Judaism to 20%
UHV2: Never lose a city to Babylonia, Egypt or Persia before 1 AD
UHV3: Have 5000 :gold: by 1 AD

Brazil
The Power of the Rainforest: Jungles provide :health: instead of :yuck:
UHV1: Allow no Portuguese colonies in South America in 1930 AD
UHV2: Build the Cristo Redentor by 2000
UHV3: Control 10% of the world's population in 2000

Berbers
The Power of the Berber Cavalry: All mounted units start with Combat I and Flanking I.
UHV1: Have 1 city in Morocco, 1 in Algeria, 1 in Tunisia, 1 in Libya and 2 in Spain by 1200 AD.
UHV2: Control or Vassalize Spain, Portugal, Carthage and Egypt by 1500 AD.
UHV3: Spread Islam to five European cities.

Berbers
The Power of the Berber Cavalry: All mounted units start with Combat I and Flanking I.
UHV1: Have 1 city in Morocco, 1 in Algeria, 1 in Tunisia, 1 in Libya and 2 in Spain by 1200 AD.
UHV2: Control or Vassalize Spain, Portugal, Carthage and Egypt by 1500 AD.
UHV3: Spread Islam to five European cities.

Only the Mongols deserve a cavalry-related UP. A better Berber UP could be additional food from oases.

I really don't think Israel would be appropriate for a global Rhys & Fall.

"Rhys & Fall of the Ancient [or modern] Near/Middle East" yes, but on the world map historical Israel only takes up one or two tiles at the most, and didn't last very long as an independent state either.

I think the Irish should be a civ because it is weird when the British are settling Cork, Limerick, and Dublin

It isn't really worth it for the 1 or 2 cities that they could settle on the map. Having a Celtic civ works better, and they are in RFC abundance if you manage to find that mod.

Top Bottom