CivScale: Graphics Scaling Tool

I can not get mines, fishing boats, and other improvements to change scale in BtS (have not tried vanilla or Warlords). Up or down on the improvements scale does not change their size. Improvements is modifying the size of resources such as cattle pigs iron etc... Bonuses does not change the size of anything. I am updating the civscale settings with the game closed then start it to see the changes. Am I doing something wrong?

I click the link to download it and it apparently doesnt work. Can somebody please update the link.

Yea, noticed that too. I was able to find a link for 2.0, but it won't remove the clouds for me.

Sorry guys, but I do not support the CivScale tool anymore, because the XML changes it allowed caused severe problems for some people:

First, the changes were not multiplayer compatible. This at least could be handled by reverting the changes before doing multiplayer.

But what really brought users into trouble: When CivScale modified XML files with new scale values the XML file dates where updated. It showed that this confused the official Civ patches from Firaxis, because these patches would *not* update the affected XML files anymore, sinde the file dates of the modified files could be newer than the dates of official files part of official patches.

This has been esspecially fatal in case of GlobalDefines.xml where patching could lead to defected installations. I needed a good while to realize this and many people had to reinstall their programs. Of course this is rather a problem with the official patch installer than with the CivScale tool, but I decided to drop the CivScale tool anyway because I have no influence on the faulty official Civ4 patch installer.

Who really knows what he does and wants to take the risk anyway can send an email to kai@civilized.de and I will send him the last version of the CivScale tool. But there will be no public link anymore for this file to avoid bringing more people into trouble.

Sorry again and best regards
Kai - civilized.de

@Coldfever
Thanks for the explanation and the generosity sharing the concept. It was a very good idea. I would not have thought of this problem either.

The saviour for this concept would be a tool that modifies only selected mods in a mod folder but not the game files itself. If the mod does not contain the appropriate XML file needed for scaling, this tool would include it in the mod's assets.

Thanks again.
Cheers.

Could CivScale be updated to copy the files to CustomAssets (or even an alternate user-specified location) and then modify them there? I actually thought that was how it worked and was surprised to find out it modified files in the Assets folder itself.

EDIT: I guess that's because of modifying theme files. Still, it'd be useful to be able to make the changes in another location while developing a mod UI without worrying about accidentally overwriting the main game...

Why take the file offline and ruin things for everyone, rather than just providing a warning about possible reinstallation? Reinstalling the game is trivial, and I can't stand the cloud layer. Things like this make me glad I'm a packrat.

I have used CivScale forever, love it, but only to change the menu colors.

Any thoughts on releasing a pared down version to only change menu colors? Would probably want to rename it of course - it's a VERY handy feature!

Top Bottom