CivSuper III

every time i click on one of the 3d leaderheads ingame after i get the 3d leaderhead pack it crashes the game
any sugestions

Oh, well to me, he looks like some South-American leader, especially because of his piercings, gold necklace thingie with an incan face, south-american tanned skin, and feathers on the top of his head-dress :p kinda like a tupi or something like it

I really like this mod, it doesn't have this stupid range combat (which never works properly), +attack/defence promotions (which deny any other promotions) or strange civic changes. just some good civs, resources and wonders.

However, the sphinx doesn't work at all :( i triple-checked it, it doesn't change the hammer cost of any wonder, even those not developed when when sphinx is built, deosn't change the amount of turns needed to complete the wonders. Although it does give an artist GP point;) I looked at python and I see it differs from the mod component "sphinx"; did anyone else test the sphinx in civsuper? please, I've got a really nice game going on;-)

Civ version bts 317, custom game with no tech brokering, perfect world map, advanced start, casimir of poland, epic speed

I really like this mod, it doesn't have this stupid range combat (which never works properly), +attack/defence promotions (which deny any other promotions) or strange civic changes. just some good civs, resources and wonders.

However, the sphinx doesn't work at all :( i triple-checked it, it doesn't change the hammer cost of any wonder, even those not developed when when sphinx is built, deosn't change the amount of turns needed to complete the wonders. Although it does give an artist GP point;) I looked at python and I see it differs from the mod component "sphinx"; did anyone else test the sphinx in civsuper? please, I've got a really nice game going on;-)

Civ version bts 317, custom game with no tech brokering, perfect world map, advanced start, casimir of poland, epic speed

I haven't had time to play a game of CivSuper (or Civ in general) so I'm not sure if PW90 used my Sphinx modcomp, or GIRS's, or someone else's. If it's mine the fact that the code is different is no big deal because I only recently upgraded the code in the modcomp to be more efficient, but both versions of the code worked. However, you can change the python in your game without breaking a save file. Just replace the Sphinx section of the python with the new code.

I haven't had time to play a game of CivSuper (or Civ in general) so I'm not sure if PW90 used my Sphinx modcomp, or GIRS's, or someone else's. If it's mine the fact that the code is different is no big deal because I only recently upgraded the code in the modcomp to be more efficient, but both versions of the code worked. However, you can change the python in your game without breaking a save file. Just replace the Sphinx section of the python with the new code.

Thanks for a answering fast. I copied the first *8sphinx** part of CvGameUtils.py and it still doesn't work (the second one was the same except for #inquisiton mod part). Maybe I did something wrong, because when I swapped the superciv part of "Sphinx" into your modcomp...your modcomp still worked properly. More to that, it still gave 20% cost reduction, even if it has ( return 75 # 75% of normal cost) written in place of your (return 80 # 80% of normal cost). Now i'm confused

If I'm not clear or did something stupid, please excuse me, I know nothing about programming (sadly...but maybe this will change;) )

actually i noticed i was building a wonder and i obsoleted the sphinx and the wonder went from 1 turn till completion to 20 something so it works, atleast it did for me

ekhm... I started a quick duel on classical (augustus caesar) to get the spinhx done asap. And it worked. And another quick game with casimir..and it didn't work again! so it seems there's a problem with casimir :(

EDIT...and so the sphinx works with hyana capac and sobieski as well, so it's not the casimir's traits or civ either. I'll try to swap sobieski with huyana capac then

ekhm... I started a quick duel on classical (augustus caesar) to get the spinhx done asap. And it worked. And another quick game with casimir..and it didn't work again! so it seems there's a problem with casimir :(

EDIT...and so the sphinx works with hyana capac and sobieski as well, so it's not the casimir's traits or civ either. I'll try to swap sobieski with huyana capac then

Hmm, are you always checking the same wonders? Maybe it's only firing for certain wonders for some reason.

Also, there's no need to actually play a game to check. Giving yourself the sphinx in the worldbuilder along with some techs and then seeing the cost of other wonders should suffice.

Hmm, are you always checking the same wonders? Maybe it's only firing for certain wonders for some reason.

Also, there's no need to actually play a game to check. Giving yourself the sphinx in the worldbuilder along with some techs and then seeing the cost of other wonders should suffice.

maybe your're right, but it's only a minute to build it anyway, and i'm sure then i don't miss anything.

Of course I always check the same wonders - all of them work (it's not so hard to memorize 5 numbers after all ;) )
Anyway, I copied all but descriptions from hyana capac to casimir and it works...when starting a new game. In my game it doesn't change anything. I even entered worldbuilder and added ancient techs and sphinx on 4000bc and it didn't change a thing either. I guess XML is somehow kept in a save game:|

For the record - all other wonders so far worked hust fine for casimir (stonehenge, oracle, great lighthouse, great wall, sun tzu's)

I don't get Christianity when discovering Theology. I am first, and got Hinduism and Confucianizm before... It is not yet discovered, but when AI discoverd it - he got it. The same story was in my second game. I can build haga sophia and apostolic palace, but christianity is "not yet founded" :(

EDIT: it came about 5 turns later :) maybe it's a feature?

Came onto another bug today:
Machu Pichu does not require peak in the city radius (or any cities' radius at all)
Same story with Great Mosque of Djenne - it does not require desert at all to be built.
(They both have "requires xterrian in radius" in pedia entry; and i can see they have some search terrain lines in python, but i don't know it so i can't fix it:( )
They won't give the bonus of curse then, but it doesn't prevent AI from biulding them...

I've changed this thread into bug thread:/

Instructions for the mod include this statement:

replace the ArtDefines_Leaderheads in the folder "CivSuper/Assets/XML/Art" to install the addon

So what am I supposed to replace that WITH? Help would be appreciated, thanks.

its in the second part of the add on at the bottom of the main folder i think

I have discovered something from working on my own mod that may help identify the problem. If there is an error in the Civ4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml tag pathways, and the NIF/KFM files are named different than what the xml says, it will cause it to crash anytime that leaderhead is called upon. I just discovered that last night while inserting leaderheads into my own mod. Maybe that's all there is to it? Check the Civ4ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml and casimir's art folder to see if it al matches properly. ;)

Top Bottom