• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Classical Epic C3C PBEM

The Viking curragh explores more of the coastal waters.

gps --------> classical

Hopefully I've fixed it. That burning smell that comes from inside
my computer, the fans are working, no funny sounds but it keeps
shutting off after a few minutes. I even removed the modem from the
slot nearest the video card. Anyway if you don't here from me like
you normally do it means that I'll be in the market for a new
computer, although that is definitely not in the budget.:cry:

Ummm, I would strongly suggest you take your computer in for a thorough check up. That burning smell and the constant shutdowns are a good indication something is not cooling properly. The Pentium IV chips can generate impressive amount of heat. Read on ...

A similar thing happened to me with my old computer. I had taken my PC in for a new power supply and fan and upon returning about 20 minutes after powering up it shutdown. WTF ! I opened up the case and there was definitely that sick overheated smell of hot plastic. After checking around I saw the little fan that sits on the processor was not connected to the power supply ... soon as I plugged it the fan started working and end of problem. I called the computer store and gave them crap for failing to check for this and they told me ... its a good thing you had a pentium processor because it is designed to power off when its overheated. There has been a number of occurances where a fire has resulted with people that have not had a pentium chip. Whether that is true or not ... I don't know but it scared the crap out of me. Like I said ... take your PC in for a checkout.

Dude thank you for the reply!! Unfortunately I have equal skills in computer maintenance. The flow of basic fans like power supply, CPU and video are operational and unobstructed I thought maybe a build up of dust and dirt or a ribbon touching them but what actually happened is my son just purchased Elder Scrolls IV "Oblivion" a new (RPG) and started playing it, then after the fact realized that the minimum CPU requirement was 2.0Ghz and a 5500 series video card, The game stuttered horribly for him so he asked me to see what I can do. This CPU is a 1.5Ghz and the video card is a 9500 series which means that it was possible to play the game but a limited (windowed) performance, and set it up so at least it would have been non-stuttering and visually acceptable. But meanwhile he thought differently and kept push the limits of the machine, and then a Friend of his told him how to overclock the CPU and thats what he did, I discovered it pretty much right away (since I know my system well) i made him show me what he had done (he turned it up 7% and played it 5 hours straight while i was at work) I've reset it back to 100% or 0% depending how you look at it but i think a parameter was changed somehow that did not reset back to default. What it means to me is replacing the CPU but then there is question that a new board/CPU upgrade bringing it up to near current speed would be better worth it, but even still I just can't really afford to do either, so I'm kind of stuck:mad: , :cry:

Apr 25, 2005, 09:44 AM was the birth of this game OO-Rahh.

I see the last move was from classical_hero on May 29th,
I'm looking for my turn can't you tell?:(

Zzzzzzzzz-Snort snort Zzzzzzzzzzzz Whistle.

To Mighty England, It is I Eclipse of SephirothXIII of Japan (LOL)
My words speak of peace between our two nations. Trades of Technologies and goods are possible, but my map is not. Please leave my border even peaceful intentions is an act of war. The highest respect to your Nation, but I must insist that the Fog of War not be lifted from this point on.
Emperor of Japan

Town Crier "Here ye Here ye", "The Emperor proclaims England has not responded to his wishes. Everyone come to Tokyo a line has been drawn and a famous duel my transpire"

Emperor Sparta of England, is that how I should address you, or should I address you at all. Your warrior approaches Tokyo with out intent. He must return home at once! I have sent words, next I send arrows.

Settling the land, exploring the oceans. We are the vikings! :viking:

gps -------> classical

Sailing the seas and making friends ( we hope ).

gps --------> classical

Very impressed with your English warrior, he was well promoted, he must have just returned from a Barbarian battle. As for Diplomatic discussions on Technology it appears that I've not recruited enough scholars as you may have a greater level than the Mighty Empire of Japan. But I am so willing to do business with you that I will shall to you that my scholars are frivolously learn the skill of "writing" but they have advised me that it will take 8 more learning sessions to complete their work. It will surely help you with you quest to build your Men-O-War.:coffee:

Top Bottom