College Football

I know some people who would slap me if I called the University of Texas, Texas University.

Hopefully Pryor does not have too much in common with Troy Smith or you might not see him until midway through his Junior year either. Being told how great he is and being treated like a deity of football can make you a little heady, hopefully Pryor makes the right decisions in the 3 years to come (if he is what they say he is, Pryor will be pick #1).

So which SEC team will thoroughly dismantle OSU next year? Georgia is looking pretty solid :mischief:

Mustain vs. his former team Arkansas in....the Meineke Car Care Bowl :p

Yes, I know the MCCB is not a traditional Pac 10-SEC matchup, but they would make an exception.

So your telling me they are letting him somewhere near it? I would be sweating it a little bit if I was a USC fan...I don't think Mustain is strong enough mentally to be a great QB.

Maybe the next Chris Rix? :p

So your telling me they are letting him somewhere near it? I would be sweating it a little bit if I was a USC fan...I don't think Mustain is strong enough mentally to be a great QB.

Maybe the next Chris Rix? :p

Don't forget they also have Mark Sanchez. But from what I'm hearing, Mustain has really impressed the coaching staff out there. I'm willing to accept that he's matured since a year and a half ago in Arkansas. Especially considering how bad an environment that was. Mustain definitely has the talent, he now has top notch coaching to go along with it.

Michigan is really going into the crapper under Rich Rod. Starting Soph. Guard Justin Boren just announced that he is leaving Michigan due to the eroded atmosphere there under the new coach.

Recruiting is hurting too where Michigan State is making inroads into the top Detroit area talent, already landing 3 of the top recruits for the area for next year (UM just has one). This is in stark contrast to recent years for MSU where they weren't even getting any player both them and Michigan offered. It's going to be a rough couple years for the yellow and indigo.

Or that could be your OSU bias showing. Michigan will be fine, Rich Rod will bring a playing style that actually takes advantage of Michigan's talent, and I'm sure the recruiting will not suffer to horribly bad.

Michigan is Michigan is Michigan.

Notre Dame could still recruit even after years of mediocrity under that highschool coach they hired (I can't believe I forgot his name), and even after this year's "rebuilding year".

Or that could be your OSU bias showing. Michigan will be fine, Rich Rod will bring a playing style that actually takes advantage of Michigan's talent, and I'm sure the recruiting will not suffer to horribly bad.

Michigan is Michigan is Michigan.

Notre Dame could still recruit even after years of mediocrity under that highschool coach they hired (I can't believe I forgot his name), and even after this year's "rebuilding year".

"takes advantage of Michigan's talent..."??? You realize that the talent they have there is for a pro style team right? From pocket passers (Chad Henne, Tom Brady, etc.) to 300+ lbs lineman (Jake Long, Jeff Backus, Steve Hutchinson, etc.). There is a reason why Ryan Mallet and THREE offensive lineman are leaving (Boren, Mitchell and Ciulla). Mitchell and Boren are multi-year starters and Mallet is a 5* prospect. Clearly getting rid of these types of players will help Michigan take advantage of it's talent, which it just couldn't seem to do in recent years (11-1 just two seasons ago). The worst part is there is talk of even more Michigan players leaving.

The College rules committee would probably tell you that it is to protect to safety of the student-athlete.

In truth, the NFL rules are originally based off the first NCAA rules that were made back in 1876. Obviously both the NFL and NCAA have made changes to them since then, however, a lot of the changes the NFL has made can be directly attributed to catering itself to TV. For example, in the NFL, they don't stop the clock after a first down, this is done to speed up the game so TV can fit it into a tighter and more consistent programming window.

"takes advantage of Michigan's talent..."??? You realize that the talent they have there is for a pro style team right? From pocket passers (Chad Henne, Tom Brady, etc.) to 300+ lbs lineman (Jake Long, Jeff Backus, Steve Hutchinson, etc.). There is a reason why Ryan Mallet and THREE offensive lineman are leaving (Boren, Mitchell and Ciulla). Mitchell and Boren are multi-year starters and Mallet is a 5* prospect. Clearly getting rid of these types of players will help Michigan take advantage of it's talent, which it just couldn't seem to do in recent years (11-1 just two seasons ago). The worst part is there is talk of even more Michigan players leaving.

Should we start a pool; who will have a worse season, ND or Michigan?

I have actually have some faith in Jimmy Clausen. I think he will lead ND to an 8 win season.

I have actually have some faith in Jimmy Clausen. I think he will lead ND to an 8 win season.

I agree, give the guy a couple of weapons and a couple of seconds to throw
and we might see some good things from him.

Top Bottom