College Football

What about TCU? Or SMU? :p If Notre Dame was God's team, they would have won against 'SC last year. Touchdown Jesus my arse :mischief:

Gah, God's more of a basketball fan anyway.

SMU's program died and then was later resurrected...Ya know Azale, I think you're on to something...

They oughta be, they have enough money invested in their bodies.

*rimshot*

Then that makes it an....AIIIIRRRRBBAAAALLLLL!!!

So now Wake vs. Maryland is for the ACC Coastal. Didn't think I would ever type that sentence. GO WAKE!

Texas lost to Texas A&M. I think we all missed that one... did Colt McCoy come back too soon or something?

Oklahoma v Nebraska, it looks!

And LSU beat Arkansas... damn it! Where's the defense, SEC :mischief:

Wow, I suck at predicting. I should use this talent to make the team I want to win win sometime.

augurey said:
And LSU beat Arkansas... damn it! Where's the defense, SEC :mischief:

That's refreshing... I guess you can't say we don't have offense now. ;)

Actually...Casey Dick had under 30 yards passing, and neither team accumulated over 400 yards. One TD was an 80-yd McFadden run and another a runback by Holliday, so its not as high scoring as it seemed. Great game though, Arkansas should've just run wildcat formation the whole game.

Although the OkState game is not a given, I do not think I even want to see this Texas team in the Big 12 Championship Game. The defense played horrendously against Kansas State and again played very unclutch against the Aggies. They converted 5 friggin first downs on the last drive! After the fourth or so McGee option you would've thought that they would have figured it out! We also just seemed to not have a real killer instinct in this game. Oklahoma, as much as I hate to admit it, has played much harder. They lost thier starting quaterback and starting Heisman-caliber runningback and to this point, should only have 1 loss (total robbing in Autzen). They have played thier arses off, and deserve a shot at Nebraska.

Not saying I would WANT to see it, but Oklahoma is more deserving right now, even if they lost to Oklahoma State. That could happen considering how they have been playing recently, Bobby Reid is not half bad.

Oh, and Colt McCoy did not look sharp at all. I think he still had some problems with that shoulder, just not enough zip on his throws.

Using NCAA Football 2007, I have set up a playoff bracket based on my own personal predictions. I played the games on simulation, CPU vs. CPU, and the results I got were pretty astonishing and fun to watch. There were 7 games, with 2 of them being hosted by the lesser bowls. My idea here is that those 2 games would be rotated among the lesser bowl sponsers, along with the rotation among the "Big Four". This is thier story...

Holiday Bowl

#1 Ohio State Buckeyes: 23
#8 Boise State Broncos: 14

Close close game until the end. In real life, this would almost be a moral victory. Boise had a chance at the end, 20-14, but Zabransky was picked off. Troy Smith had a very...average game. He made some crucial third downs, but was also picked off in the endzone. One of thier scores was off the initial runback of the game which was fumbled by Boise inside thier redzone. Not overly impressive, especially compared too...

Fiesta Bowl

#4 Notre Dame Fighting Irish: 21
#5 LSU Tigers: 66 (!)

Domer haters unite! This was your dream game, as LSU crushed Notre Dame in ways that even USC could not imagine! JaMarcus Russell was basically perfect, throwing for 7 touchdowns and no picks. LSU was never stopped and held a 21 point lead after the first quarter. ND's defense looked slow and completely outmatched, which is suprising because I have seen ND dominate teams in this game.

Rose Bowl

#3 Michigan Wolverines: 13
#6 West Virginia Mountaineers: 17

WVU cameback from 10 down to take the lead, and Michigan could not convert on its final drive. Very exciting game. WVU's run looked stopped at first, but after they fell behind, Slaton came alive. Pat White was not impressive throwing save for a few lucky catches, so it was basically thier only chance. This set up the potential Big East rematch if Louisville could pull the upset...

Cotton Bowl

#2 Florida Gators: 17
#7 Louisville Cardinals: 21

Even in virtual reality, the Gators cannot score over 20. The difference in this see-saw game was that Louisville responded late with a touchdown, a brilliant 50 yard run by Michael Bush that was the result of a great stiffarm. He was almost down 4 times by my count, but the Gators did not wrap up and Louisville stopped a late drive with a pick of Leake. Rematch, although not the one everyone was rooting for, was to come.

Sugar Bowl

#1 Ohio State Buckeyes: 13
#5 LSU Tigers: 27

OSU showed its inconsistency on offense and could not capitalize on several good oppurtunities in LSU's redzone. Russell came alive after a lackluster first half and found Doucet twice to seal the game in the fourth and pull off the upset. Now the one, two, three, and four teams had all been upset.

Orange Bowl

#6 West Virginia Mountaineers: 23
#7 Louisville Cardinals: 27

Game of the century so far! Awesome finish, as these two Big East rivals traded scores mainly in the second half. It seems over when WVU knocks out Brohm and then takes over in Louisville territory. What happens? They try to convert a third and long with a safe pass...PICKED OFF! Louisville is without timeouts though, so they have to scramble and scrap to barely gain a first down. Time is running out and they only have 10 seconds to try one more play from the 50...10....9...backup quaterback, hasnt played in weeks...8....7...recievers not totally in position....6...5...4...panic getting to the line...3....2...1...HEAVE FROM THE QUATERBACK...ITS A CORNER ROUTE TO THE LEFT, AAANNNDDD HEEES GOT IT!!! OH MY GOODNESS, ITS CAUGHT!!! THE WEST VIRGINIA DEFENDER FALLS DOWN!!! ITS GOING TO BE A TOUCHDOWN, TOUCHDOWN LOUISVILLE!!! TOUCHDOWN LOUISVILLE!!! LOUISVILLE IS GOING TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!! THE MOST IMPROBABLE, UNBELIEVABLE FINISH IN BOWL GAME HISTORY!!!! *ahem, announcing job in my future? ;) *

BCS National Championship Game

#5 LSU Tigers: 17
#7 Louisville Cardinals: 24

I was actually stunned by this result. Up to this point, LSU had destroyed and controlled much better opponents. Louisville had gotten here by luck, and was definately not taking it for granted. They got up on LSU early and forced them away from the run. Still, JaMarcus had a chance but his last pass attempt was batted away and then dropped off the tip...causing everyones heart to jump in thier throats. Somehow, someway, the Louisville Cardinals became the college football champions of the world...of NCAA 07 :p

ummmm........ said:
Coker's done . . .

Clappy McIdiot losing his job isn't that much of a surprise; the real question is who is going to replace him...

Tomoyo said:
Wow, I suck at predicting. I should use this talent to make the team I want to win win sometime.

So has just about everybody else this week (I believe only Azale has a winning record so far).

Tomoyo said:
1. USC 38 - ND 22
2. Terps 20 - Wake 14
3. Arizona State 28 - Arizona 14
4. BYU 24 - Utah 21
5. GA Tech 27 - Georgia 13
6. South Carolina 17 - Clemson 10
7. Oregon State 31 - Oregon 17
8. Arkansas 27 - LSU 21
9. Texas 38 - A&M 24
10. Bowling Green 14 - Toledo 7
1. ND 35 - USC 31
4. Utah 24 - BYU 20
6. Clemson 24 - South Carolina 13
7. Oregon 31 - Oregon State 17

Changing four of my predictions. This will test my talent at making the team I want to win win. :)

Best game of the day too. Brady Leaf did everything to win, but the Oregon defense tried even harder to make sure he wouldnt.

Top Bottom