College Football

I don't think OSU will be finishing second in the AP.

j_eps, I think a lot of people selectively ignore that it was technically a rebuilding season that just went very well.

and god help me, i wont be surprised if we go to the BCS title game again next year.

We need a new topic... 173 pages is too much. I'll start the 2008 thread in a week or so. Anyway, Geaux Tigers!!! Well deserved Victory for LSU.

PS It seems LSU fans were misunderstood all year long; they were not saying, "OH-OH, You Suck! OH-WE-OH, You Suck!" The actual correct quote is, "OH-OH, You Suck! O-HI-O, You Suck!" Sorry for any confusion. Good night. ;)

congrats on your year, lsu fans, you had a magical year.

I will say this though; tressel is 1 of 3 in bcs title games and ohio state has been great since he arrived. im not happy we lost the last 2 years now but I am thankful that we had the opportunity and look like we will continue to in the next decade.

lsu
usc
osu

the teams of the bcs era.

congrats on your year, lsu fans, you had a magical year.

I will say this though; tressel is 1 of 3 in bcs title games and ohio state has been great since he arrived. im not happy we lost the last 2 years now but I am thankful that we had the opportunity and look like we will continue to in the next decade.

lsu
usc
osu

the teams of the bcs era.

Dude, stop.

Now is the time for you to graciously make your exit and stop pumping your team. "im thankful for this oppurtinity" just sounds like "Thank god we play in the Easy-11 instead of the SEC."

Do you see any OU fans around here? Thought so.

Well we're halfway to Buffalo's futility.

@mrt yeah, I'm thankful for the opportunity, but I'm damn pissed that we lost. Again.

We showed poise of children at times. Going for a block on 4th and 23? At that angle! Personal foul right after?

Our o-line was manhandled, not by SEC speed, but just overpowered.

If we can't play a poised game, with proper protection, I don't want to go back next year.

Well, I'm pretty happy that
a) we made it to the title game in rebuilding year
b) showed that we have some speed too in the Big 10

But losing title games is getting freakin old. This one hurts more than Florida, because we shot ourselves in the foot (whereas Florida kicked our ass all over the field). Roughing the Kicker. Dropped TD. Todd B turning on the auto suck...

I think that was the big difference. It wasn't speed...it was LSU having 2 quarterbacks who were a lot better than ours.

Hopefully this convinces more Buckeyes to stay for next year. We'll be right back in the hunt next season.

Congrats LSU

No, you pretty much got kicked all over the field for 3/4 of the game. 31 unanswered points is pretty bad. Hartline & Robiskie can catch anything near them but could get no separation. Beanie Wells is insanely good though, he is a sleeper Heisman contender IMO for next year.

Oh, and the OSU defense has once again been exposed. It is good, but it is not as good as all the statistics always say (last year and this year) because aside from Michigan and Illinois, all the other Big 10 offenses are hardly special. Last year a smoke and mirrors Florida offense went up and down the field on them.

Now, the final thing on this speed thing. I think the SEC speed affects OSU in the sense that they are not USED to it, not that they dont HAVE it. I think OSU & Michigan are the two teams that could consistently play SEC level teams at their speed, but as Urban Meyer said in the broadcast...the SEC has more speed top to bottom in the conference, the Big 10 has two teams that have equivalent speed. When you play an SEC schedule though, your seeing it all the time so it does not require adjusting when your in your bowl game.

Thats how I see it anyway. OSU is playing USC (at USC?) next year, that will be interesting and it gives them an automatic pass on the "YOU DIDNT PLAY ANYONE!!" argument, so I think if they somehow beat USC...they will instantly be taken seriously again. Maybe even if they keep it close. If they get blown it, it will likely be OSU-USC in the Rose Bowl again and you'll have to hear it again for almost two months.

Rashard Mendenhall is going to the NFL, Rich Rodriguez is going to try to reconstruct Michigan. Looks like it will be OSU with Wisconsin and maybe Michigan State (they will start out 5-0 and finish with 7 straight losses or something like they always do) in the Big 10.

We outgained LSU into what, the 3rd quarter? They were moving the football on us, but we were keeping pace...but going into the red zone and getting zero points, then that stupid punt...that killed us. When we couldn't get that defensive stop, we were a beaten team.

I don't want to hear that "we dont play anybody" crap. We had a home and home with Texas, the year the won the title, and the year they were the preseason number 2. We're going to USC next year (and then they come here in 2010), and I think we're playing TCU next season as well. We have non-conference contracts with Miami, Cal, and Oklahoma, and have tried numerous times to get one with an SEC team (Tennessee)...but they refuse to play a road game. This season was an aberration, shedule-wise, because
a) The Big 10 is not normally that bad
b) we normally have a marquee out of conference game. Washington was scheduled when they were good, and our MAC poo-poo plater was to replace Syracuse (who was also scheduled when they were good...they backed out)

I really don't think we play in a bad conference...they go in cycles, and right now, its in a down cycle. 5 years ago, it was very good...and with the rebuilding jobs going on in Michigan, Illinois and Michigan St (not to mention that Wisconsin and Iowa had random really bad seasons), and in another year or two, it'll be good again.

Dude, stop.

Now is the time for you to graciously make your exit and stop pumping your team. "im thankful for this oppurtinity" just sounds like "Thank god we play in the Easy-11 instead of the SEC."

Do you see any OU fans around here? Thought so.

meh, we have won a BCS title in recent memory. I'm a fan of a team that does well year in and year out, and can potentially make the championship game every year*. of course i'm going to pump them up. I'm sorry that as a fan, I do things like support my team and chat it up. I congratulated LSU on a great season with tons of excitement. now I'm ready to start next season.

*at least make it. no talk about winning it.

as for the game itself. OSU made mistakes, and LSU made none. 2 touchdowns reflects that disparity in mistakes.

We outgained LSU into what, the 3rd quarter?
Yeah. I liked that stat. Here are my other favorites.
1st Downs LSU25 OSU17
3rd down efficiency LSU11-18 OSU3-13
Penalties-Yards LSU4-36 OSU7-83
Turnovers LSU 1 OSU 3

I don't want to hear that "we dont play anybody" crap. We had a home and home with Texas, the year the won the title, and the year they were the preseason number 2. We're going to USC next year (and then they come here in 2010), and I think we're playing TCU next season as well. We have non-conference contracts with Miami, Cal, and Oklahoma, and have tried numerous times to get one with an SEC team (Tennessee)...but they refuse to play a road game.
Yes, because OSU schedules usually top notch programs, THIS YEAR we should forgive them?
This season was an aberration, shedule-wise, because
a) The Big 10 is not normally that bad
Better than last year.

I really don't think we play in a bad conference...they go in cycles, and right now, its in a down cycle. 5 years ago, it was very good...and with the rebuilding jobs going on in Michigan, Illinois and Michigan St (not to mention that Wisconsin and Iowa had random really bad seasons), and in another year or two, it'll be good again.
Let us hope.

I don't want to hear that "we dont play anybody" crap. We had a home and home with Texas, the year the won the title, and the year they were the preseason number 2. We're going to USC next year (and then they come here in 2010), and I think we're playing TCU next season as well. We have non-conference contracts with Miami, Cal, and Oklahoma, and have tried numerous times to get one with an SEC team (Tennessee)...but they refuse to play a road game. This season was an aberration, shedule-wise, because

I checked OSU schedule through 2015

You do not play TCU or Oklahoma, But

2008-2009 home and home USC
2010-2011 home and home Miami
2012-2013 home and home Cal
2014-2015 home and home Virginia Tech

I checked OSU schedule through 2015

You do not play TCU or Oklahoma, But

2008-2009 home and home USC
2010-2011 home and home Miami
2012-2013 home and home Cal
2014-2015 home and home Virginia Tech

The Columbus Dispatch reported TCU like, 2 days ago, so it might not be added yet. I think next year (or maybe this is 2009), it would USC, TCU, New Mexico St, and then Toledo in Cleveland Browns Stadium. TCU would be a a one year contract, in Columbus.

I could have *sworn* we had a home and home with the sooners instead of the VT..but Tech proves my point just as well.

EDIT-It must be 2009. 2008 has a slate of Youngstown St, AT USC, Troy, and Ohio (plus a bye week)

Pete Carroll talking to Falcons--his freshman class at USC is more talented than the Falcons

Man, if Michigan doesn't get Pyror (and Ohio State, for some reason, feels pretty confident that they're going to get him), they are going to be toast for a few years.

Top Bottom