Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

I have to disagree with you on that front, Juarez'z war theme knocks all others out of the park. I like it almost as much as Ethiopia's peace theme.

On another note, for those of us who need to direct download, has the civfanatics database link been updated? It was not earlier.

Happy Australia Day!

Hmm. The person who wrote that article probably doesn't pay much attention to the civ modding scene. They stated that Henry was the first 3D leaderhead made by modders when Leugi's David predates it (although Dave hasn't been given a VA yet.)

Hmm. The person who wrote that article probably doesn't pay much attention to the civ modding scene. They stated that Henry was the first 3D leaderhead made by modders when Leugi's David predates it (although Dave hasn't been given a VA yet.)

Mod coverage in mainstream gaming media is, overall, appaling and ill-researched. Modding is rather niche, so it isn't surprising. Except Skyrim. Playing clean Skyrim is horrible. :p

But dear Lord, that banknote is hideously designed.

Greetings, most wise and prudent Henry Parkes, Father of the Australian Federation! Australia truly is a unique and ancient land, more so than any other, for its lands abounds in nature’s gifts and its shores have beckoned, welcomed and harboured immigrants from afar for over 50,000 years. By the time you arrived in Sydney as an English immigrant in 1839, Australia was divided into thriving British colonies of undeniably vital significance. By 1889, as Premier, you had lead the colony of New South Wales five times to achieve many great things that undoubtedly improved the lives of many. You will always be remembered however, in the hearts of Australians for being instrumental in the process of federating the Australian colonies into a single united nation - earning you the humble title of the ‘Father of Australian Federation’. Thanks to your efforts, Australia today remains one of the most wealthy and modern countries in the developed world, and truly a sight to behold.

Oh, Henry Parkes - your people call for you in joyful strains once more! Will you make the rest of the world hear the thunder of Australia? Will you build a civilization that stands the test of time?

---

Commonwealth of Australia - Sir Henry Parkes
by TPangolin and Neirai
Special thanks to LastSword, Viregel, regalmanemperor, Civitar, FramedArchitect, JFD, Ekmek, Wodhann, Bernie14 and Scapegrace

In this mod you'll play as Henry Parkes - the father of Australian Federation and owner of quite frankly, a ravishing beard. His facial hair alone should be enough to warrant his inclusion in the base game!

- New Fully Voiced Custom 3D Leaderscreen
- City-State fixes, added two new City-State Replacements - Kingston and Luxembourg
- Extensive Mod Compatibility
- New Artwork
- New Peace theme
- New UA, and Unique Traits
- Regrettably adds Tony Abbott as a Prime Minister

I just started a game with the Aussies and I'm getting a glitch with the unit orders (using EUI):
Spoiler :
http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=388704&stc=1&d=1422238979

Attachments

• Orders.png
    Orders.png
    148.8 KB · Views: 107
Just triple checked - I'm not getting this. You might want to uninstall then reinstall.

Thank you CL Team!

I got this while testing with the EUI mod. It went away when I deleted the UnitCorner portion of EUI. I think it's either entirely an EUI issue or a comparability with that specific section of EUI. Can you (shag) check it out with another civ?

I got this while testing with the EUI mod. It went away when I deleted the UnitCorner portion of EUI. I think it's either entirely an EUI issue or a comparability with that specific section of EUI. Can you (shag) check it out with another civ?

I just finished a game with JFD's Carthage and everything was fine. It wasn't until I downloaded and played Australia that this showed up.

Why wouldn't it be? Australia has nothing to do with Trading Posts.

Well, sir Perks, where is the pack?!

Why wouldn't it be? Australia has nothing to do with Trading Posts.

Trading posts mod has this entry:

Code:
<Unit_Builds>
		<Row>
			<UnitType>UNIT_WORKER</UnitType>
			<BuildType>BUILD_OUTDOOR_MARKET</BuildType>
		</Row>

<Delete BuildType="BUILD_TRADING_POST"/>
	</Unit_Builds>

And since, if I'm not mistaken, you are creating a new unit worker type, I believe Australia does not support said mod.

I am unsure who should implement the support, either you or the mod author.

Anyway, I'll show you a pic tomorrow of the missing UI element.

Trading posts mod has this entry:

Code:
<Unit_Builds>
		<Row>
			<UnitType>UNIT_WORKER</UnitType>
			<BuildType>BUILD_OUTDOOR_MARKET</BuildType>
		</Row>

<Delete BuildType="BUILD_TRADING_POST"/>
	</Unit_Builds>

And since, if I'm not mistaken, you are creating a new unit worker type, I believe Australia does not support said mod.

I am unsure who should implement the support, either you or the mod author

That's correct, Australia has a dummy worker to allow Diggers to be recruited from them. However, when adding support for such mods as Map Labels, Events & Decisions, CulDiv, YnAEMP v.23, etc., Trading Posts Grow Into Towns somehow was not on the list.
I think there should be a way to make Australia not need the dummy worker, but it needs a bit of lua UI modding which I am only just scratching the surface of now.:)

When i first heard the Boer peace theme, it cracked me up.

And i approve of that Cree Theme, just because it's Iron Maiden.

The settlers pack?

I never said that was coming today.

Happy Australia Day and Colonialist Legacies Anniversary! I remember first seeing the proposals for an Australia Civ on reddit and civfanatics - it's come a long way to boast Civ 5's first modded 3D voiced leaderscreen!

I'm looking forward to a full game with Australia. The design is greatly improved, seems like it will make for a fun wide-cultural game. However, there were a few problems I noticed on first tests. Most importantly: Australian Decisions are not displayed. Less important: the same UI issue as shaglio, and the generic European soundtrack not loading after the (nicely extended) Peace theme is finished.

I never said that was coming today.

Well, I'm starting to hallucinate things.
I guess that's what they call "business as usual".

Top Bottom