Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

Well, it would tell you that some units are available in the ancient era...

But you can already see that in the civilopedia...

Besides, you ever open IGE when using mods? The entire ancient error is littered with dummy buildings and dummy units and dummy policies :crazyeye:

But you can already see that in the civilopedia...

Besides, you ever open IGE when using mods? The entire ancient error is littered with dummy buildings and dummy units and dummy policies :crazyeye:

Congrats on your 1,300 post! :goodjob:
I only used it once(because i wanted to check how good my birthday civ is).

You know, play testing using mods like IGE would probably solve all problems...

I'm going to pretend I don't find this insulting at all and instead use the time to constructively answer:

1) Our mods are extensively tested. However, like anyone, we have our blind spots and we play in ruts. So often I find out that the mod broke because someone did something I never, ever, ever do. That just becomes a bug that needs to be fixed.

2) I almost only ever test in live. Because I don't want a mod that works only in the presence of another mod. Also, extensive use of IGE can cause the kind of embarrassing bugs where a mod component was working three weeks ago, but the changes you made to the mod later broke it, but you don't notice because you are currently testing something else in IGE, so you're skipping the "working" component.

3) It is simply not possible to exhaust all of the possibilities of gameplay bugs if you want a mod to ever come out. It's actually much wiser to code your mod to be easy to fix, instead. See for example the Cree. I was able to fix bugs with the Cree as soon as they were reported, often as soon as anyone commented. As an additional example, Aussie2.0 really needed to come out on Federation Day to make a splash. So having a few bugs is much better than having no bugs and missing the deadline.

P.S., I'm not actually that insulted, but the statement tells me that you really don't have a good grasp of what goes into a mod.

What Neirai said, with the addition that, as one of the people who tested the mod, including with IGE, I'm pretty insulted.

This is why I say to ignore Natan. He has no idea what the hell he's talking about at the best of times, and this ain't that. Not even close.

Of course you have no idea what the hell I'm talking 'bout. Because you are sooooooo smart and I'm soooo childish\mad\crazy. Right? That's why you keep pretending you ignore me, right?
Also, I never intended to insult anyone. If anyone founds my posts as insulting, I'm sorry.

Moderator Action: That's enough. Here at CFC we expect you to treat each other with respect, even if you don't necessarily agree with their viewpoint. If you don't like their ideas and wish to say so, respectfully explain why, don't just mock and belittle.

Sorry, Pouakai. And sorry for being sassy Natan. He's right, this is a great community as far as online communities can go. We're above this.

Anyways. Just going to throw this out there. What's up with the Anishinaabe? They're the closest thing I have to a home civ, geographically, that is precolonial.

I have a feeling that it's going to be worth the wait. It's one of those civs that underwent a massive amount of iterations.

I think we'll be looking at the Anishinaabe as the capstone of our weird civs, and if the Inuit is anything to go off of... You're in for a bit of a wild ride.

I have a feeling that it's going to be worth the wait. It's one of those civs that underwent a massive amount of iterations.

I think we'll be looking as the Anishinaabe as the capstone of our weird civs, and if the Inuit is anything to go off of... You're in for a bit of a wild ride.

Ooh, you've certainly piqued my interest regarding the Anishinaabe. I'm looking forward to what you've got in regards to them.

Out of curiosity, how is Afghanistan progressing? Do you need any wiki entries written up for it? Because I'd be happy to help out.

Afghanistan should be here within a day - don't drink kids, it'll delay the mod releasing process :)

Always happy to take up offers regarding pedia entries though - Anyone up for Nigeria?

Afghanistan should be here within a day - don't drink kids, it'll delay the mod releasing process :)

Always happy to take up offers regarding pedia entries though - Anyone up for Nigeria?

I'm game for writing some Nigerian pedia entries. It might take me a while to write than it probably should, seeing how I don't have much free time right now, but I'd still be happy to do it. What exactly would I (or whoever else wants to help out) be writing about?

I've begun receiving some correspondence regarding future 3D leaderscreens. The question mostly lies in what leader is worthy enough of recreating.

Top Bottom