Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

'Moddable' can mean two very different things. I'm interested in finding out which one CiVI wants to focus on.

I'm most interested to see the leaderscreens/leader portrayals. Will they even still have leaderscreens?

Isn't the appeal of Civilization V is to play as some of the most powerful and well known historical figures of humanity.

Isn't the appeal of Civilization V is to play as some of the most powerful and well known historical figures of humanity.

I'm not saying there are no leaders; rather, they could have a civ 4 like leaderscreen or a BE like leader without a background. I'm mostly just interested to see if they keep on making more realistic ones or try to make it more cartoonish to fit the rest of the graphics.

In terms of leaderscreens, what I read so far doesn't exactly show me that they decided to stray away from the look of Civ V. In the Civ V retrospective they were talking about the realism of the Civ V leaders, and what a positive direction that was. In there newer articles, they talk about how a graphical revolution in this regard was not something that was needed. We're essentially just picturing Civ V leaderscreens but with more emotive leaders.

I do think that if we join the new porting effort - that everyone will be sticking to their prior jurisdictions.

In terms of leaderscreens, what I read so far doesn't exactly show me that they decided to stray away from the look of Civ V. In the Civ V retrospective they were talking about the realism of the Civ V leaders, and what a positive direction that was. In there newer articles, they talk about how a graphical revolution in this regard was not something that was needed. We're essentially just picturing Civ V leaderscreens but with more emotive leaders.

I do think that if we join the new porting effort - that everyone will be sticking to their prior jurisdictions.

The realism? Bismarck? Napoleon? :lol: Though, compared to the other installments, sure, but that's relative, no? :crazyeye: Admittedly, most leaders are indeed quite realistic, such as Pedro.

Graphical revolution is not something that goes hand in hand with 4x games. You can't represent large armies and empires with FPS levels of graphics, simply because everyone would complain they couldn't run it on a potato. It's more accessible when done in a simplistic style.

The realism? Bismarck? Napoleon? :lol: Though, compared to the other installments, sure, but that's relative, no? :crazyeye: Admittedly, most leaders are indeed quite realistic, such as Pedro.

I'd say it was about 50/50- several leaders look quite realistic, but several also look outright cartoon- Harald Bluetooth looks like a character from the 'how to train your dragon' films, and Gustavus Adolphus' animations are very exaggerated. Most characters are somewhere between realistic looking and artistic.

Civ IV was pretty inconsistent as well. Some leaders, like Gandhi, were very cartoonish. Others, like Pericles, more realistic. It also had good models and bad ones. Stalin, for example, was absolutely dreadful.

Hmm, one of my fear is Firaxis made Endless Legend-esque DoM while we modder stick with Civ5-esque DoM made with relatively less resource.

Spoiler :

In other hand, I pretty sure the leaderscene is the most likely to be the same and leaderscene could be easily ported there. Text and Civilopedia could be ported too but I don't sure about the rest of the mod.
Civ IV was pretty inconsistent as well. Some leaders, like Gandhi, were very cartoonish. Others, like Pericles, more realistic. It also had good models and bad ones. Stan, for example, was absolutely dreadful.

I find it strange you didn't mention Burger King Charlemagne

So here's what you can expect from CL on a going forward basis:
As premier members of the modding community (and big fans of the game,) we're pushing hard to both help promote Civ 6 modding and try to get a look in the box early if Firaxis will let us. As soon as we can get our hot little hands on the modding API, we'll be focusing on trying to find out whatever we can about it (and sharing what we can.) We'd love to have a day one port of our most popular mods if that is at all possible.

Until that happens, it's business as usual with a side of Civ 6 hype!

Hate to interrupt the CiVI hype, but I'm getting a bug with the Murri.

Whenever I use them, even after the update, all their decisions disappear (Not just their unique ones). I can post logs, but it might take a day or so. (Which ones do you need for an ED bug?)

Hate to interrupt the CiVI hype, but I'm getting a bug with the Murri.

Whenever I use them, even after the update, all their decisions disappear (Not just their unique ones). I can post logs, but it might take a day or so. (Which ones do you need for an ED bug?)

E&D bugs would be all Lua issues if it's them not showing to my knowledge. So I'd assume Lua and Database logs.

Off-topic from CiVI, but it seems I'm not the only one in the area super big on the Murri :p
Spoiler :

Chimu bug with mod support:

Code:
[5311.428] no such column: CivilizationType

in

Code:
[5311.428] , 					Update Database - Core/ModSupport.sql, 0.041664

Definitely failed CulDiv support, so it is sometime before then.

Civ IV was pretty inconsistent as well. Some leaders, like Gandhi, were very cartoonish. Others, like Pericles, more realistic. It also had good models and bad ones. Stalin, for example, was absolutely dreadful.

The strangest leader head in civ 4 was the Khmer one. The king looked alien like, and certainly not at all Cambodian. Not sure what they were basing his appearance on. Napoleon also looked nothing like he did in real life; even less so than the civ 5 Napoleon.

Quick bug report: The Chimu Historical Religion trigger is named "ColonialistLegaciesNigeriaReligion", which is of course already used by Nigeria. This breaks HR support and everything that comes after it in ModSupport.sql.

Top Bottom