Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

Has any light been shed on the Malaysia problem? If version 2 still exists, I can test to see what exactly is bugging things out by moving over version 3's changes one by one

I've got no clue what might be causing this - can you post logs without unnecessary mods? The original ones posted are completely unreadable due to unnecessary Database errors.

Okay, went back to square one. With just the offending civs by themselves, there wasn't a problem. It's always a miracle if it was solved that simply. Tacked on all the gameplay mods, no problem. So it's time to add a pack of civs by civs.

Fortunately, the problem came up real quickly. Enabling the offending civs, gameplay mods, and all of Colonialist Legacies civs. So here's hopefully some cleaner database and stopwatch logs. If not, let me know and I'll see if just the civs will mess things up. I'd experiment more if I didn't have to go somewhere.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    45.9 KB · Views: 133
Digging down to the bottom of things. Just having the civilizations and no gameplay mods enabled still caused a database problem and a low enough number of civs to see which ones were missing uniques. So we're just down to:

Cree (Gunstock Warrior missing)
Dene (all uniques missing-- retains the text of the last civ picked but the leader and civ icon change)
Inuit (Unaaq and Inuksuk missing)
Malaysia (has both uniques)
Tlingit (Noow missing)
Vietnam (Vietcong missing)

and disabling Malaysia fixes all of this. However, I did also check to see if any of the six had any updates not mentioned, and I do have a few outdated ones (Cree, Tlingit). Let's see if things are different after updating them...

and the issue is still there. Providing logs for having Malaysia on and having it off. Hopefully this will help bring up a solution.

Attachments

• LogsWithMalaysia.zip
    5.3 KB · Views: 114
  • LogsWithoutMalaysia.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 179
I'll take a look at this later, but jeez this is an odd one :/

Man oh man. I can't wait for the next civs to be released.

Yep, haha we're still around actually. We're all kinda running around like mad hens trying to plan logistics for Civ VI, but I have to say that the team we've built is gelling way better than expected and the entire process has been a blast.

Our CL Discord Server is good to have as an avenue for our ardent naivety and idealism that has made Colonialist Legacies well... Colonialist Legacies.

Anyway, we're also using the server as a logistical tactics centre for Civ V mods too. GPuzzle (Igorot, Coast Salish), DMS (South Africa) and Uighur_Caesar (Aboriginal Civs) are helping us out too, and it's been awesome working with them so far.

I'm not sure when to expect them to be released since we're all working at our own paces. But having the ability to talk to so many people at once on the discord (instead of individually on Steam) is a massive boon to productivity in general.

Also, expect Greenland on October 6 for obvious reasons ;)

Are there any plans for updates? Some of your released mods, even your most popular ones like Vietnam, don't have mod support and/or still have bugs. Honestly, I'd much rather see these issues ironed out before the team releases new civs or moves on to civ vi.

I feel you. We wont be touching Civ VI until all of our mods have been updated with support, and have their bugs fixed. At this point we have the ability and numbers to both :)

Good to hear, been longing for an updated Mexico.

Right, tested Malaysia and Dene together; no problems.

This includes an odd error in Malaysia's mod support file, which you've got but I haven't.

Just to be sure, I'd redownload the civs and clear cache. Even then, I'm at a loss as to what could cause this; one mod shouldn't remove things from another.

If the error continues, uploading your DebugDatabase from your Cache folder would make it easier to see what your game looks like, and try and infer bugs from that.

In regards to the Dene, they look to be (relatively) bug free! Wolf decision doesn't seem to lock itself again if you fulfil its requirements, and the modsupport file in general could do with updating, but I'm getting no errors with the actual civ! Well except for FLAVOR_FAITH but I don't think that's too important.

Also, expect Greenland on October 6 for obvious reasons ;)

Unless this in reference to Erik's birthday, I don't understand as October 9th is Leif Erikson Day.

But all the rest is great to hear! You guys have done great work and it'll be worth the wait. I intend to play Civ V mods 'til the bitter end of it's workshop, and if I knew how to mod it'd be the same thing, too.

Did a fresh install of both Malaysia and Dene, and didn't touch a single thing in the mod support (normally I delete Civ IV traits, Cultural Diversity, and Unique Cultural Influence files because I internalize all support for those mods). There was still a problem. Dene's uniques were just shown to be a shrine and a temple, and they just had "Civ Specific Bonus 2" as their ability. And disabling Malaysia fixes it. Here's the debug database as requested. Do you have a fresh install of Malaysia and the Dene? Or do you got some unreleased dev build of either?

Attachments

• Civ5DebugDatabase.zip
    604.8 KB · Views: 132
This is the weirdest goddamn thing...

Database shows that neither the Dene's trait, UU, UTI nor dummy UB are in their respective tables; however, the dummy Shrine and Temple are, as evidenced in your report and in the database. These all however have entries into their ClassOverrides tables. Looking at the XML files, most of these (and more) are located in the same file - meaning that it's likely that this file is what's failing, and that something in Malaysia is causing this. The Yellowknife has its own file that is also failing. Database log should (theoretically) shed light on this, but I've got the feeling we're going in circles here.

As for my installs, it is possible that I've got a dev build of Malaysia, but I don't think I have - I'd have no reason to create an inconsistency with the public version. My version of the Dene is also public.

Yeah, the database just says those tables are missing. So I'm going to try something different. I'm going to gut random parts of Malaysia that are clearly things you added until the Dene work again.

Bam. Your worker fix sql. I don't know what, but something in there's messing everything up. Give me your worker fix file if things work on your end <_<

Yeah, the database just says those tables are missing. So I'm going to try something different. I'm going to gut random parts of Malaysia that are clearly things you added until the Dene work again.

Bam. Your worker fix sql. I don't know what, but something in there's messing everything up. Give me your worker fix file if things work on your end <_<

I had the suspicion that it wasn't going to like the unique Worker - try this file then. I dunno what the difference is (well, there'll be a big one because I just rewrote it with a SELECT statement, but it was working for me before then), but it might work somehow. Dene update shouldn't be too far on the horizon, so that might fix things.

Attachments

• WorkerFix.7z
    1 KB · Views: 131
Still not working... and it's not just the Dene, remember. It was also taking out uniques of other civs.

Then surely the issue lies in another sql file that also references the worker? Like Fixaraysia or something? Your worker fix file is a lot cleaner than the public release, which has a lot of commented out text. Maybe something slipped through the cracks?

Someone on Steam commented that Malaysia is causing issues with the Olmec mod? Anyone have any ideas?

I'd wager it's the same thing as the Dene issue; unfortunately I've got no idea what might be causing these problems, and only know that they don't seem to be happening on my end.

Malaysia patched! Syntax error with the trigger that apparently doesn't count as a syntax error :/

Attachments

• WorkerFix.7z
    1 KB · Views: 197
Top Bottom