Colonies IV (Release 4.1)

Noticed a Bug - ahem a couple of them - in a label

Nantes edict revoked in 1685, so the huguenots left in that year - many of them to Holland - South Africa, and Switzerland

San Bortholomew night was in 1572

PS

Why the Dutch carracks following the southern route never got lost at sea? :confused:

Originally posted by Prometeus
Noticed a Bug - ahem a couple of them - in a label
Why the Dutch carracks following the southern route never got lost at sea? :confused:

I dont know about the first one but I think the Carracks is just the luck of the draw. I know I have lost Carracks as the Dutch, I just can't remember if it was in the south or not. And I have not played the Dutch that much. But I have lost Carracks as the English and French all over the Atlantic.

Nantes edict revoked in 1685, so the huguenots left in that year - many of them to Holland - South Africa, and Switzerland

Lots ended up in Germany too. At one point Berlin's population was 2/3s French...

The year is random in the scenario, that's prolly why it happened at another year for you.

Originally posted by Henrik

The year is random in the scenario, that's prolly why it happened at another year for you.

:) I noticed it. The point is that St Bartholomew eccidium happened before.

About the naval route.

The safe route is in violet, the unsafe in black - in both directions.

Never lost a carrack following the violet one.

Attachments

• new-1.gif
    new-1.gif
    21.7 KB · Views: 213

About the naval route.

HMMM this maybe a CIV 2 glitch because it interprets the edge of the board as land therefore if your ship is next to it at the end of a turn then it will not sink!

Good catch Prometeus!:goodjob:

About the naval route.

Prom, I also discovered it, but Jhon (Patient English) told me that even in the edge the ships should sink in the sea... I don't know what to believe ;)

Originally posted by yaroslav

Prom, I also discovered it, but Jhon (Patient English) told me that even in the edge the ships should sink in the sea... I don't know what to believe ;)

Hmm sorry Yaro, if we all talked about this before I forgot.

Has anyone had a ship sink following the edge of the playing surface?

Originally posted by conmcb25

Hmm sorry Yaro, if we all talked about this before I forgot.

Has anyone had a ship sink following the edge of the playing surface?

If I recall it correctly, I told him about that in my third or four e-mail (Do you rembember those long e-mails :))

Originally posted by Henrik
For what it's worth, boats do sink along the borders for me :(

I think John just figured out a way to pay you back for Boney game # 2 Henrik!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually I think its luck of the draw, it seems like I go forever without a ship sinking and then two or three will sink in one turn!

John can we have a news flash about multiplayer?:jump: :jump: :jump:

(Waiting very excitedly......)

John

Players from Previous page.

Sweden-Henrik
Spain-Yaroslav
France-Patient
England-conmcb25
Holland-Yop

This obviously is not the correct trun order. I know the French are probabaly first right? Because they are white?

Anyway you the designer so I guess you know the turn order.

Ill await the new thread.

I have been very Patient thus far but I can hardly wait!
WALL:rotfl:WALL

(As he bounces off walls with anticipation!)

Turn order is:

1) Dutch (Yop) - because the SP game starts that way.
2) Independents (AI)
3) Hapsburg Empire (AI)
4) French (John)
5) Spanish (Yaroslav)
6) Swedish (Henrik)
7) English (Steve) - so you'll have to wait 'til last, mate! ;)

I have been looking at the thread: I would say the ships not sinking on the map edge was a Mac thing, except I get it too. Strange. Who else has found what?

I'll post the thread link in a minute, when I've emailed you all the zip. On the thread starter post, I will summarise the main changes.

I've figured out how it works, guys :thumbsup: ... It seems that, during the game, the last row counts as sea for Civ, the second line from the bottom is not - it's considered as coastal tile.

Same on the north. Civ is really weird sometimes... :ack:

Top Bottom