Colonize!

GRM7584 said:
I may have flagged Jesuit Missionaries as invisible and HN, so thats a good possibility. All three catholic civs get those. The Haida non-expansion wasn't intended; I'll remove the coastal barb camps, maybe that will help.

Don't remove too many coastal barbs because the masses of pirate ships add the :eek: factor ... and you can't have too many :eek: 's in a game.

So if Jesuit Missionaries is UU for catholics ... do the Prodi's have one as well :confused:

:hmm: I don't know about the invisible and HN for the Jesuits ... it looked wierd ... :lol: actually just realised that is was a very good :eek: factor ...

What was your thinking for the decision ... I assume HN because Jesuits where Catholic before any nationality ... havn't checked the civilopedia entry yet ... as i will be :sleep:

kinshuksunil said:
hey,

everytime i download i get a 16KB file... whats the problem, any idea?

how can i download this mod?

What kind of file extension is the file you ended up with? The main file must be downloaded via 3DD, a seperate site, so if you aren't going through at least 2 or 3 windows to get to the download, you're right-clicking-save-as-ing when you shouldn't be.

kinshuksunil said:
Well i am using the link provided at the beginiing of this thread... (see page 1)

Yah, but the 16 kb file you end up with, what kind is it? What is the name of the file? For that matter, whats in the file...

Details of the File:

NAme- ColonizeBeta09.rar or something similar, i dont remember
Format - RAR Archive
Sixe - 16KB

Error - Corrupt Archive, unable to see contents

Hmm. Not what I was expecting at all. The file should be a 66 MB .zip named ColonizeBeta01, a corrupted .zip from a screwy download, or perhaps an .html document of small size. I don't know where .rar came from, though. Perhaps its your browser? I'm not sure.

To anyone else on the board: If you have an idea of what might have happened, don't hesitate to butt in and say so.

kinshuksunil said:
hey,

everytime i download i get a 16KB file... whats the problem, any idea?

how can i download this mod?

You ARE right click "save target" on it. That is wrong. You have to follow the link to the site and download from the new window.

Here the game crash after 1st turn. I think its a (native) contact evenet. Any ideas?

Hi Ergobyt

Welcome to CFC ... Need more information ... Replay the turn by loading the game just before the crash occured with the autosave ...

>Where exactly does it crash?
>What graphics are happening just before the crash?
>How does the game crash, screen freeze or straight back to desktop?
>What command did you type just before the crash?

Regards

Yes, could use more info on when the crash occurred and what happened. I don't believe there have been any other reports on a doom-crash on the first turn; if you got the 66 mb beta file and the patch, there should not be any issues...

it happend when i start a game in the T map with new Portugal or with new France.

PS: In the T map the new England only have a merchant ship, no clonist or others unit ¿?

Ah, nope. In the tiny map, and any map, every european civ starts with 1 ship, 2 crossbowmen, and 2 colonists. I wonder if your .biq file got corrupted...consider re-applying the patch, which overwrites all .biq files.

I redownloaded the patch (320 KB (327.892 bytes) Tested with WinRar 3.2 without errors) but no luck.

BTW if im the only who has this problem dont worry too much.

Sorry I'm not sure as to the DL size :sad: ... perhaps GRM7584 can confirm this ... do other mods work on your system or was this the first one that you have installed?
But persevere because it is an enjoyable mod ... :cool:

Regarding my own testing ... I had a Warship attack 2 x canoes ... simple wipeout ... or so i thought ... :confused:
1 was swamped :lol: ... but then a really wierd thing happened ... :eek:
The warship moved as if the tile was vacant and 'sat' on top of the 'enemy' canoe ... I then received a dip message asking to trade or swap maps (sorry I forget) ... this was strange as we should have been at war ... :crazyeye:
Anyway I then moved my ship away and then rammed the remaining canoe which died ... we remain at war ... everything back to normal :)

Seems to be a glitch due to 2 non-defensive units being attacked ...

Regards :goodjob:

File Size: The main beta file is 66 megs. The patch is 320 kb...
Not entirely sure. There have been generic issues with .zip files from me before, and with mods in general; the best thing I can recommend is what I've recommended before, trying it out with the .zip program I used to zip em, WinImp, which is free.

Canoes: weird. Never heard of that before. Civ 3 glitches are always a hoot; I've seen a couple posts for other mods where people accidentally contacted barbarians and made peace...

i just downloaded this mod because i am a big Colinization fan. I have CIv3 complete and always download mods to the wrong folder (too many Conquests choices). I have got everything in the right place now and pick England on the "T" map and all i start out with is a boat :lol: . I am going to try England again and see if i have some better luck.

Top Bottom