Colonize!

Very strange...I wonder if it has something to do with Civ3Complete...

Has anyone with starting unit problems checked the .biq files in CivEdit? It should show the starting sea unit, 2 crossbowmen, and 2 colonists for every european civ. (of course, opening it up in civedit means you'll be seeing the whole map and all the resources, but you should already know where everything is since its a real-world map, right?)

@sailor - You are right the English have an empty boat and the french have 1 scout where Jamestown would normaly be founded ... try playing on the medium map ...

Regards and welcome to CFC

EDIT - Woops the thrad has moved on ...
I did check the CivEdit on the T-map and unfortunately it does show ship and the 4 units ... so not sure what is happening :confused: ... does it work with your GRM7584 ?

EDIT2 - After checking the above map, I retired the game (usually I save and quit) ... :eek: Like the Title Screen ... first time I have seen it :thumbsup: ...
OT- The unusual triangular fort design, is it one that was used in the Americas?

Yes, all my .biqs show the correct unit spread in both CivEdit and the game itself, freshly re-patched.

The, ah, unusual fort design, is Jamestown.

Here a caribbean map made for the mod. Eventhough the mod doesn't fit the area exactly. Whaling and fur hunting weren't big in the area, just to start. Maybe a mod on the mod? Who knows.
Any feedback welcome.

Attachments

• caribpre.jpg
    caribpre.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 489
  • Caribbean.zip
    332.4 KB · Views: 310
Tried playing as the Little bighorn natives but i was not able to produce native migrants.
I like having impassable train but it does make new portuguel hard to play. maybe have captured native workers be able to work it with maybe a high cost unit in charge of them?

id52: added link on 3rd post, don't have time to test...and there are plenty of other resources that fit perfectly well in the caribbean already in the mod :p

sailor: Native Migrants should be able to be constructed by all native civs from the start, I am not sure why you wouldn't be able to. You should check out the .biq files for colonize in civedit, and make sure everything is straight, but I am clueless as to why parts of the mod don't seem to be working properly for you...the impassable terrain can be overcome later with hardy pioneers; as for Portugal, their biggest advantage is isolation...no nearby europeans to contend with, so they have south america pretty much at their sole disposal.

This will sound dumb, but how do I install a mod? where do I put the main files? where do I put the replacement map by that other guy (i think post 30 or something)? where does the patch go?

thanks!

Unzipping the file should give you -
>a folder titled 'Colonize' this contains units and terrain, etc
>ColonizeAmericasM.biq, ColonizeAmericasT.biq, ColonizeRandomM1.biq, ColonizeRules.biq
=Place them in this section Civ/Conquests/Scenarios/

Should Work ... but isn't this written on front page?

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but how do you place the Hurons? On the M map, they are missing and I would like to put them into Canada alongside the French.

Also, regarding diplomacy, I played as the French and attempted to begin diplomacy with some native tribes and the opening text would be something like:

"; 0 = AI; Sioux" or something like that.

Was just wondering if anyone else had that problem.

GRM7584 , it would be a good idea to add New Russia to the mod. New Russia is in scenario preview text, but not in the game, unfortunately. As you know Alaska have been a russian territory for more than a century. So, historically New Russia is more correct for the mod than, for example, New Sweden:)

PS. New Russia capital could be Novoarkhangelsk.

Unzipping files: Many a scenario and mod on CFC is in .zip format. They all go in the same place, the Scenarios folder fe3333au mentioned. For future reference :)

The Hurons should be in the medium map, right above the Iroqouis. Check in CivEdit...then again, people have had some trouble with the maps. I have no idea why. AFAIK, they're set up correctly in the download...

New Russia was originally in, until I realized that the first colony was founded in 1784. In civ terms, there wouldn't be anything wrong with including them, (America...Zulus...Netherlands...etc.), but I felt there were too many irregularities compared to the other European powers. Sweden and Denmark did have potentially significant colonies in the Americas, briefly, Sweden in what is now Delaware and New York, Denmark in the caribbean (namely the Virgin Islands).

Russian territory for the last century?
...The cession of territory and dominion herein made is hereby declared to be free and unincumbered by any reservations, privileges, franchises, grants, or possessions...
Not many leases have that sort of verbage.

The mod is quite enjoable and the question of New Russia is one of minor importance. Maybe I'll just add New Russia by myself to have even more fun for me. And in case you would like to bring russians back to the mod I still can be useful in providing information like city list, leader's names etc.

BTW, You are absolutely right about the beginning of russian colonization of Alaska.

Maybe I missed it, but is anyone else getting the message that they are missing:

WON_SPLASH_BLDG_FurnitureFactory

Then the game exits when it can't find it

There is something going on with the diplomacy screens. I initiated contact with the Dutch and it said "Saraiva! I, Peter Stuyvesant, being in the service of the Portuguese crown, greet you." Likewise, when initiating with the English, he greets himself as De La Warr of the French! Is there a way to go through the entire diplomatic process where I can correct this as well as the other aspect I did above?

Also, something else I noticed (I don't know if other people have already posted about this earlier, so apologies) and that is that the other Europeans do not use their initial extra settler and crossbowman, and therefore, due to unit costs, disband the units. One way to maybe fix the situation would be to place the other settler and crossbowman in a different desired location for the next colony as opposed to putting them on top of each other. Any one else notice this?

Ok, I've tried every solution and I still get the missing art\units\worker\workermoderntimes\workermoderntimecapture.wav missing message that quits the game. Based upon posts here, I've done the following:

1. Downloaded and installed the ColonizeBPatch12.zip
2. Copied the CivilizationIII\Art\Units\WORKER MODERN TIMES/folder and pasted it into the Colonize art\units folder
3. Copied and renamed the ModernWorkerCaptureFoot1.wav to ModernWorkerCapture.wav and placed it in that folder
4. I noticed that the error message lists a worker folder in the units so I created a worker folder too and put all the above into it.

None of these have worked. The game still crashes.

Top Bottom