[TOT] Combat lagging out?

L0ki

Chieftain
When I'm playing Civ 2 test of time or civ 2 during combat often the game will hang and just show a spinning circle. I still hear audio but often I miss out on what is going on during combat so I constantly have to look to see what happened after the fact.

Is this a common problem? Oddly enough using this tool https://github.com/FoxAhead/Civ2-UI-Additions it fixes the bug but that doesn't help me in test of time.

I have the same issue. I've been told it is a windows issue. It doesn't do this on win xp.

I used to have this issue as well, but was able to resolve it for Test of Time by running the executable in XP compatibility mode. Right-click on civ2.exe and select Properties, click on the Compatibility tab, check the first box and select "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)". If you are running TOTPP, you might need to do this for TOTLauncher.exe as well.

I have this issue as well. Anyone out there know if there's a fix? I tried running in various compatibility modes per Knighttime's suggestion, but those strangely made the game run so slowly that it was virtually unplayable--never experienced that before due to compat selection.

Top Bottom