[GS] combination of "quality of life" mods that work with the current Civ6 Gathering Storm

Alternate Policy Screen USES Better Report Screen... BRS is still useful by itself because of all the other screens, but for the civics, APS is way better because it let's you see the yields expected AND choose the civics at the same place
Yeah exactly - I like seeing the expected outcome right there on the policy window!

Thanks! I'm guessing Steam keeps them in a custom location. I'll take a look when I get home.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070" Steam mod folder ID's can be cross-referenced to the individual mod page address (e.g. for the new CQUI - steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2115302648.

.modinfo files, look for <LoadOrder>.
Well, I think I was able to arrange, order and comment out things the way they should be. My game doesn't crash, but I am noticing that I am using the city production panel from CUI (since I see the v1 and v2 ribbon in the top corner) and I can't close it out by clicking the X. I'll take another look tomorrow after work.

Well, I think I was able to arrange, order and comment out things the way they should be. My game doesn't crash, but I am noticing that I am using the city production panel from CUI (since I see the v1 and v2 ribbon in the top corner) and I can't close it out by clicking the X. I'll take another look tomorrow after work.
Yeah, that definitely seems to be it. I don't know which elements of CUI to comment out when emulating infixo's setup as closely as I can.

To make it all work, a few manual tweaks are needed.
1. Better Trade Screen - up the Load Order, so it will overwrite CQUI.
2. CQUI - disable in .modinfo all diplomacydealview related lines, so Deal Screen from CUI may work, and BTS integration (just in case).
2. CUI - disable unused modules and up the LoadOrder (e.g. to 200).
3. I am also tweaking ML so the scroller is gone (it is not needed and I hate it), so also up the Load Order here.
Alright so Im just clarifying so I dont mess anything up. Im upping the LO of BTS and commenting out (which it has been awhile since I lasted coded so is it safe to assume "/* */" or "//" will work?) all diplodealview related lines? is InGameAction the only LO i need to change? and the unused mods I disable from CUI would be at my discretion correct?

I tried the same thing and have this same issue. I didnt comment anything out of CUI as I read it as just disable anything you would not use. I wonder if anything is conflicting between CUI and CQUI in regards of the city production panel

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright so Im just clarifying so I dont mess anything up. Im upping the LO of BTS and commenting out (which it has been awhile since I lasted coded so is it safe to assume "/* */" or "//" will work?) all diplodealview related lines? is InGameAction the only LO i need to change? and the unused mods I disable from CUI would be at my discretion correct?
In .modinfo for commenting out you use <!-- -->, it is an .xml. The rest ok.

I tried the same thing and have this same issue. I didnt comment anything out of CUI as I read it as just disable anything you would not use. I wonder if anything is conflicting between CUI and CQUI in regards of the city production panel
A lot. No file from CUI's disabled modules should load, it will conflict with CQUI. Either comment out related lines, or simply delete the subfolder with the module.

Last edited by a moderator:
In .modinfo for commenting out you use <!-- -->, it is an .xml. The rest ok.
gotcha so I can just change the InGameActions LO and be fine?
A lot. No file from CUI's disabled modules should load, it will conflict with CQUI. Either comment out related lines, or simply delete the subfolder with the module.
sounds good I’ll take a look at this when I get home from work. Thanks for the help @Infixo

Top Bottom