Combined Civilization's Mods and Tweaks (CCMAT)

This is the only mod that I usually play until there a major mod/ total conversation comes out (bug-free, horsehockyload of content, gameplay, etc).

New version of Balance - Units decreases buildings defense. Now it is something like "VanillaDefense*2" instead of "VanillaDefense*3"

Love the mod. Just one complaint; is there any way to keep up with the ridiculous amounts of Research Agreements the AI completes? They never sign any with me, but every turn they sign a new one with each other.

I wish there was a mod that gives me an idle process, cause I am tired of building units and deleting them until I get currency or research process... which is very annoying to me. Can you add in a simple Idle Process that we get in the beginning?

About city defenses, for compatibility with Afforess's Active City Defense, take a look at the compatibility section here. I noticed ACD had a bug accidentally eliminating the extra strength Indian Mughal Forts provide.

The overall goal of the unit/combat balance adjustments is detailed here.

Defensive buildings were adjusted so city strength is now approximately equal to the strength of decently-promoted siege/capture units of the same era with a Great General present (Catapults, Swordsmen, etc). The changes to city defenses go hand-in-hand with the changes to siege units, which you can see by opening the "Details" section of this post. Basically siege are slightly stronger against cities, and slightly weaker against armies in the field.

I could rename the mod from Units to Combat if the name is confusing.

In Units v. 13 the Scout's ignore-terrain promotion is kept when upgraded with Ancient Ruins. I forgot to leave this in-place when dealing with some promotion changes (such as removing the situation where artillery upgraded to rocket artillery still require set up to fire in the vanilla game). The new version is available.

Great job as always jooyo. :)

I wish there was a mod that gives me an idle process, cause I am tired of building units and deleting them until I get currency or research process... which is very annoying to me. Can you add in a simple Idle Process that we get in the beginning?

Unfortunately an idle process would be pointless because you can just keep building units and selling them. I think there should be a build wealth option from the beginning instead of from currency because it's annoying to keep building units and selling, while sometimes that's the best option.

I now have a giant annoying box in the top middle of the screen that says Major Civs to Destroy: 7. How do I get rid of this? I don't know why but it's driving me crazy.

Unfortunately an idle process would be pointless because you can just keep building units and selling them. I think there should be a build wealth option from the beginning instead of from currency because it's annoying to keep building units and selling, while sometimes that's the best option.

that's what I'm saying basically, as I don't like building too many worker's or warrior and deleting them or giving them to city states.

how do I know if its working? I downloaded it threw the civ5 browser and installed it but I don't see it on the list to enable it.

shift+enter will let you end your turn even when you have choose production.

how do I know if its working? I downloaded it threw the civ5 browser and installed it but I don't see it on the list to enable it.

I have a feeling that this mod is getting too large and the installer sometimes(?) craps out when trying to extract all the files. In that situation you pretty much have to extract them manually in the mods folder. I had this happen the other day, can't remember if it was with CCMAT or something else, though.

I was wondering if anyone knows the best way to integrate updated "modmods" with this mod. (For instance, Balance-Units is on version 13 now and I'd like to try out some of the changes.) Should I:
1. Delete the modmod from the folder and place the updated one there, or
2. Delete the modmod and install the updated one independently
?

@Seek
Either method should work for the "modmods". If you find the Balance - Units folder, you can delete it and replace it with the new Units v. 13 folder. This is basically what I do when transitioning to new versions myself (though the new version's folder gets built and put in place by Visual Studio).

---

I've started a thread on the Strategy forum with a playthrough, analysis and strategy of the balanced game. If you've been wondering what my thought process is when working on the mods, this might give some insights. :)

Thanks for this mod; we appreciate it. :goodjob:

Question, though: Is it just me, or does the tile terrain rollover function seem to be a little wonky? In other words, when I hold the cursor over a given hex, the usual description/food/production/gold popup very rarely displays.

Does this happen for anyone else? :confused:

@BammBamm:
What is your game options setting for the tooltip delay? By default it's something like 1-2 seconds. I think that is what is causing what you describe. I have it set to 0 so that there is no delay.

Thanks, Perkus. It was set at the default 1.5 seconds, but never appeared. Changed it to 0, and it began working again; set it back to default, and it's working now. Go figure.

:cool:

Not sure. Thing is, the standard "Instant Tile Info PopUp" in the lower right-hand corner above the minimap still doesn't appear when using this mod. Does it show for you?

Works okay in Vanilla. I can't explain it. :confused:

Top Bottom