combining civilisations power - team play

Jarrema

Master Voter
Hello
I'm thinking about most powerfull combinations of civilisations in one team...
So they strengths can compliment each other, and they could have shared research path

What is Your candidate for the best team consisting of two civilisations and why?

Illians and Illians

Stasis on Turn 3 and then another stasis on Turn 18. 30 Turns of nothing for your opponents on Quick. Own them. Own them Hard :D

Infernal and Mercurians

Any unit you kill will reborn as angel or manes, cities razed also producing angel or manes. More, if you managed to get the Baron...

Edit : I don't know whether this is applicable, though. It would be interesting to know how to do it :)

It's already quite doable: Play as Hyborem, don't Adopt Ashen Veil and Build the Mercurian gate. Afterwards Adpot Ashen Veil. Bingo you win!

Lanun and Hippus. Dominate the land and seas!

At least this has some basis in lore :lol:

Kuriotates and Hippus (Tasunke). One techs, the other fights; neither needs anything except the mounted research line to dominate.

Interesting ideas :)

as for a Basium and Hybo - ocf course, it would be a powerful team:)
but I was rather looking for ideas for starting as a team, not getting another civilization into the team

Illians and Illians

Stasis on Turn 3 and then another stasis on Turn 18. 30 Turns of nothing for your opponents on Quick. Own them. Own them Hard :D

That's just cruel...

I'd say Amurites and Kazahd, Svaltalfar and Bannor, Malakim and Luchurip, or the obvious, Infernal and Mercurian.

You could probably play the Elohim and Bannor together much as you'd play either separately - fanatacism, heroes, mercurians, bash.

Hippus and Kuriotates sounds very fun.

The Kurios are a builder civ, and the Hippus are a military civ, but both have their best units along the mounted line (Centaurs for the Kurios). The player controlling the Kurios should focus on building infrastructure and getting techs (and precious, precious enclaves), while the Hippus player should go bash skulls - an entire Hippus economy devoted to pure military is effectively unstoppable. Teching should be along economic and mounted lines. Done right, I doubt you'd even need even the basic metal, recon, or arcane techs.

Clan and Sheiam in an actual team game is awesome.

And I had an idea the other day, Amurites and Balseraphs. Complete and utter magical domination.

hmmm
as always - could You describe why? (I think I now why, but if You describe it, it would be more interesting IMHO)

Clan and Sheiam in an actual team game is awesome.
This way the Shieam get the benefit of Barbarian and can happily raise the AC while being perfectly safe. Get the Clan player to grab the Prophecy so that plus Warrens (unsure if thats been fixed yet, think so) means the AC goes up even further. And the clan horde of tough melee units backed up with a few PZs and a couple of dozen mages + mobius witches + EoD's and Lichs all stacking Death Mana was easy to win.

And I had an idea the other day, Amurites and Balseraphs. Complete and utter magical domination.
This would be a merging of the two civs, not just a team game. But simply, massive amounts of XP for new casters, who can all summon puppets and then bust out Govannon to pass on all of the magical spheres to all of your other units. That and getting Harlequins to taunt pre-fireballed enemies into your Firebows would be awesome.

This way the Shieam get the benefit of Barbarian and can happily raise the AC while being perfectly safe. Get the Clan player to grab the Prophecy so that plus Warrens (unsure if thats been fixed yet, think so) means the AC goes up even further. And the clan horde of tough melee units backed up with a few PZs and a couple of dozen mages + mobius witches + EoD's and Lichs all stacking Death Mana was easy to win.

I do not think that ally of Clan would be safe from barbarians... But Clan really can help Sheaim in rising AC (and also, with warrens, Clan can spam the world with ritualists, spreading Ashen Veil wide)

This would be a merging of the two civs, not just a team game. But simply, massive amounts of XP for new casters, who can all summon puppets and then bust out Govannon to pass on all of the magical spheres to all of your other units. That and getting Harlequins to taunt pre-fireballed enemies into your Firebows would be awesome.
interesting, but there is second thread, devoted to idea of merging civs. I was rather interested in synergy between civs in a team play.

Luchuirp + Sheaim.

Bring on the apocalypse, and laugh as your armies are completely unaffected whereas everyone else gets decimated.

I do not think that ally of Clan would be safe from barbarians...

Yes they are. I once played a game with 4 teams of 4 civs. My team was me as the Svartlfar, with Flauros, Dain and Jonas. That was fun.

Top Bottom