1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Asian Ship Project

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Unit Graphics' started by Wolfshanze, Jul 21, 2008.

1. The_Coyote

The_Coyote Emperor

a bit more to play around, first the Kobukson oar fix (only the nif is in the zip), and second the from wolfshanze requested galleas Kokubson, the first use with galley aniamtion, the second copy the galley animation and exchange the in the package included files. Credits goes to Chamaedrys & Xenomorph for the ship.

Edit: Attachment removed

2. Xenomorph

Xenomorph King

3. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

I gave you credit because you team-colored it...

4. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

Okay... I checked these in-game... the "Galley" fix worked fine... no problems at all...

The Galleas fix for the Kobukson seems to be messed-up... while it looks fine in Nif-Viewer, in-game the rows are all misalligned and the combat animation jumps all over the place... I'm going to double check one last thing to make sure it's not me, but this may need a little work.

5. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

Okay... double and triple-checked this in-game... definately not a problem on my end so far as I can tell...

I ported the working Galleass animations (the ones Coyote fixed, called "Galley.kfm" and associated files for Galleass) over to the Kobukson folder, then unzipped his Galleass Kobukson fix and overwrote what needed to be.

This is what I got in-game:

The combat animation is all messed up too... the ship hops around like a cat on a hot tin roof... I would say this fix needs fixing! :p

6. The_Coyote

The_Coyote Emperor

you used the standard galley animation (from warlords not vanilla, also not the one from the Galleas) and only exchanged the included files? is a strange day, i tested it in game and to avoid jumping i fine tuned the animation ~5 times

edit: thats the way the model looks in my game

Attached Files:

7. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

No... I used the Galleass animations that you fixed (from the galleas), then copied-over the files... was I supposed to use the standard BtS galley animations instead? I'll try the Warlords Galley KFMs.

8. Xenomorph

Xenomorph King

Yes. The animations work fine for me when I use the BtS Galley animations. The problem I have is that the entry is broken in the Civilopedia, and in-game the icon always shows the last unit you selected and the little "mini image" shows nothing.

9. The_Coyote

The_Coyote Emperor

@ wolfshanze

yes the one from vanilla (Edit: vanilla is wrong, correct is BTS), for the Galleas i had to change an entrie to bring it to the correct position, by the way, not only the kfm, also the kf files from warlord

@ Xenomorph

it´s a really strange day, again i have no idea what went wrong, because i see the miniimage and the model in the pedia :sad:

Attached Files:

10. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

Okay... confirmed... I switched to the Warlords Galley animations (kfm and kf files) and now I have the same problem Xeno is having... the ship is properly animated in-game, but the Civilopedia and mini-screen are both broken... and from my experience, that can cause crashes in-game!

Maybe you should send us ALL the files you are using...

But that's two today now where it works on your system and not on ours!

11. The_Coyote

The_Coyote Emperor

:dunno: that are all file i used, for testing i have an folder in my testmod called galley and only dropped the changed file in, so all the other files are the default, btw is there a galley.nif in your folder, is needed for the kfm files, can be the standard or a copy of the downloaded nif simply renamed to galley.nif? Without this the model is not shown in the pedia (and for me the games crashes also in game (to many python exceptions). And for me after having this problem too often i do it automaticly (almost considered as basic knowledge ;) ), if this caused the error, sorry for not pointing to this earlier.

the problem now is, when i can´t reproduce an error how shall i search the reason?

12. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

I don't have a "Galley.nif" in my folder... I'll try that and get back with you.

This is why it might help to just include all the files in a download instead of saying "copy this and that" into the folder! ;)

13. Xenomorph

Xenomorph King

It works. I'll have to remember this for custom .kfm files from now on.

14. The_Coyote

The_Coyote Emperor

1. :bounce: that the models works like it should

2. :hammer2: for not seeing this possible problem earlier

15. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

Yeah... double-confirmed... works on my end too... I'll udpate the downloads on the front page after dinner (with all files included to avoid confusion!).

16. The_Coyote

The_Coyote Emperor

made a break from my current project, and used this to start with a ship, thinks it fit in this thread, still wip - is a quick model, far away from being completed (UV missing etc) but it should be visible what it will be.

Attached Files:

• prev.jpg
      prev.jpg
      File size:
      33.9 KB
      Views:
  17. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

Wow... that looks great... I think I know what that is!

IN OTHER NEWS

I've updated the first page of this thread to include all the most recent fixes and updates from Coyote... complete with all needed files, no guessing involved!.

Updates include (to the asian ship pack), the Kobukson Galley (arrow firing) and Galleass (cannon firing), both with corrected/updated rowing animation sequences... and (to the western ship pack) the Dromon lateen-rigged trireme (also with all needed files).

So if you're interested in any of these new ships and/or fixes, it's all updated and compiled at your fingertips on the first page download... no guessing, it's all there!

Thanks again to Coyote for his continued crusade to fix all old models and improve animations!

18. JustATourist

JustATourist Lost in Translation

That concept looks good. If you don't use a very ugly skin, you can't do much wrong.

19. Xenomorph

Xenomorph King

Thank you very much, it looks good so far.

You should take a video of that. :D

20. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

What? No easy link to the OP? :p