Community Call to Power Project

Lol I've been going all out since I woke up. Funny that I made the deadline :lol:

Known Issues
Spoiler :
  • Ballistics Tech is very out of place. I'm going to move it into late Industrial (where Shoulder Launched Weapons is), but I just left it where it is as a placeholder while I come up with a Military tech to hold the Composite Bowman, Ballista, and Archery Range. Any ideas?
  • Some empty techs in Industrial. Thinking about buildings that can fill them out.
  • Tech Strings look "broken." This is because I messed up the TechPrereqs somewhere. It doesn't look very nice, but it has no effect on gameplay. I wanted to release before going around and hunting down the problems.
  • A lot of empty space in the Various Tech Trees. Thinking about Techs that can flesh it out more. I am already going to add Wood Working as an Engineering Tech
  • Military Units are really "rushed" in Industrial Era. This is because the base G&Ks spread them out over 3 eras while I squeezed them into 1 :lol:

Great, now iam downloading, while iam posting so say great.:lol:

Well I hate to put a dampener on things but it does not work for me, No tech trees ect, click on one, be it military/economics ect and nothing pops up.

Well I hate to put a dampener on things but it does not work for me, No tech trees ect, click on one, be it military/economics ect and nothing pops up.

same problem for me , its loads up the mod but its still unchanged in game.

Now its working for me, first time i run it with other mods, i got the text_key bug, and the units and buildings are not showing, but after clearing cache and moddata, i can play with CCTP and my other mods without problems.

For those that are having issues with the tech tree, I just uploaded a version on GitHub which should work for you. I forgot that I had to copy over the Modinfo file that works with the new tech set up. :crazyeye:

If you are already in a game, don't download this, as it will most likely break your save. There have been some minor tweaks in this version over the one from yesterday (added Woodworking and other stuff), so it's up to you whether you want to risk your current game :p. I'll update the OP too.

Link

got 3.00 with the tech tree problems. Got 3.05 and tech trees seem to work ok.
Is economic tech tree suppose to e blank past industrial age? Is that a problem or just work in progress?

Did a cursery test with CTP and other mods.
Info-Addict .18 seems to cooperate, as does Notification options .5
Hukkak extra civs v.4 cooperates but has not been updated for G&K so not sure
Civ V Unoffical Beta v.12 interfers with tech trees.

Thanks for the confirmation. Yeah, the Economic tree falls off after Industrial. There are a few techs that I can think of to try and populate it with, but there isn't much difference between a blank page and a page with three techs, so for now it's empty. And yeah, it is a work in progress.

Is the G&K CTP mod compatible with all the DLC that has been put out, official ones that is? Well, any of the others, like the Goths civ?

Thanks for all the work!

Since my version is running, i will update later. I have now changed my mods to CCTP cost. Man what a work:crazyeye:
So i played just a couple of turns, and i will start now a new game, but one bug i have triggered. The resource salt is not correctly shown, its a black image, in SV it looks fine...

Works pretty well! Did have one weird item. Ballistics comes very early. That is ok, but it allows antiair and mg. Just got pasted by Aztec's when their AA gun over ran my army of chariot archers and swordsman!

@ Ronnoc: Kind of. I have converted all of the UU and UB, but the UI and UA might be off. I don't know where to find Austria's Trait, because that needs serious modification (I think it only cost 500g to convert :crazyeye:. The UI (Polder, Terrace Farm, Statues) have their yields on the CCTP system, but I have not given them the Tech Increase yields of the other improvements. Now it is on my to do list :)

@ Gilgamesch: That is an error that Horem and I came across while placing the new resources. It also happens with Truffles. The problem is the ResourceIconManager.lua file. You need to delete it (or move it to Z_Unused) to get it to work properly. I'm not sure if this change will break your game though, so it might just be better to leave it (or you can download the newest version).

@ Seten: I think it is possible with the work that Horem did on AssignStartingPlots.lua, but I do not plan on making an earth map in the near future. I do believe that many different map scripts now work with CCTP, but I haven't tried them yet.

@ CCC: Yep, I had a similar situation. Except they were barb MG; lots of MGs. Which is what prompted the quick update :lol:. If you download the version I posted today, Ballistics will be moved to late Industrial, so you won't have to worry about being stomped by advanded units (unless you fall way behind in tech :))

Runnoc : I tried those other civs (venicee, goths ect) for about 10 turns and they seemed to work. The issues will be when you transition from thier special buildings and units into CTP special buildings and units.

Chrome : 3.05 found 2 oddities. Playing a marethon game, an unmet player got the classical age on turn 11 and another on turn 21. I wont get my first produced tech until turn 53. Maybe they found a ruins with Pottery and then a ruins with Writing. But two of them both doing that seems a reach. This may be a clue that something is wrong. But I dont know how to get into the NPCs to see how they did it.
Also it may be as designed, but "Drama and Poetry" early classical tech has a prerequist of Literature a medevil tech.

I appreciate the update on the other civs. I will stick with what works, good enough for me. Thank you, seriously, for all the effort that you all have put in, funny how it takes the civ players like you all to make Civ what it is supposed to be. They should hire you all!

@Bladesss: I just noticed the Drama thing too. I'll probably move it back to Medieval and put the Amphitheater on Philosophy. As for the classical thing, it was probably just ridiculous luck on the AI's part. I just fired up a game and clicked on all of the Classical Era techs to check beelining. Only Writing and The Wheel can be researched as a second tech, so they probably did get Pottery > Writing/Wheel. If it happens too much then it could be a bug, but for now lets just chalk it up to the cheating AI :lol:

Awsome got it working with 3.05 :), Also managed to build it(Slim version, none of the unused folder) with modbuddy, all seems to work okay so far.

@Bladesss: I just noticed the Drama thing too. I'll probably move it back to Medieval and put the Amphitheater on Philosophy. As for the classical thing, it was probably just ridiculous luck on the AI's part. I just fired up a game and clicked on all of the Classical Era techs to check beelining. Only Writing and The Wheel can be researched as a second tech, so they probably did get Pottery > Writing/Wheel. If it happens too much then it could be a bug, but for now lets just chalk it up to the cheating AI :lol:

Depends what dificulty ppl play on too, Diety and above for example the AI gets Pottery, Mining, Animal Husbandry and The Wheel as free techs at start, King it is just Pottery. Can probably change them if its contributing to AI belining.

Edit:-

So started a new game, King Difficulty, Turn 4 and I get "An unmet player has entered the Classical Era". Very odd.

Edit 2:-

Turn 9 on restart.

Top Bottom