COMMUNITY CALL TO POWER v4.05 Play-testing Release

Playing huge, Decimatus normal pace. No crashes or game stopping problems yet .

I got my first policy (Tradition) on turn 57 to get my first Faith point. By then there are no more Panthions or religions to get so religion is not worth much. If you don't get lucky and find an ancient ruins to help out with early faith or culture, you can forget most religions. This is a little worse then in the prior version where I have seen the same thing before. This may just be the penalty of playing Decimatus.

"Social Structure" is needed for settlers. I notices that you changes "Social Structure" to so that it needs Scouting. That requires 6 (Tier 6) prior techs plus a few side line techs. It use to be Tier 2. At turn 110 I just got Hunter (tier 5). So I wont be able to build settlers and get a 2nd city until about turn 175. (Unless you get lucky with an ancient ruins giving you a settler.) It also makes the "Liberty" policy tree less valuable since you need Social Structure first to get the free settler it gives.
It use to be that even at Decimatus I was getting a 4th city about turn 60 in the prior version. Just advising you of the effect of that prerequisite change in Social Structure.

Oh damn you are outrunning of religions:crazyeye:
There should be enough perks for at least 8 civs who choice there pantheon.
Will look into it, and if needed i will expand the religions.

The reason behind that the settler comes that late, is the prehistoric era at all.
We removed a pretech from social structures at all, it was the reason why the loading issues worked.

The bonus the ai get is very impressiv on decimatus. Its not intended that you will win;)
But for sure i know what you mean.

Thanks for the report.

Just my two cents. You should really take some time to build a page showing what this mod has to offer, what techs, buildings etc. Most people stay clear from it because of the lack of clarity.

The main problem is that iam just to lazy to write down all the new features down.
Its better for me when i use that time to fix current bugs or other things.
From the point of view from a new player this maybe be a little confusing.

But what should i do? Should i describe all 450 Technologies? Name all of the Buildings and describe them too?

Most of the infos can be found in game (Pedia).
Anyway i will create some Screenshots and and link them to the info page when i have time.

"most people" steer clear of the best civ5 mod ever??? I dont believe it

Thanks for the cheers:D

Tech_tree is very weird. It will be better to make it not so big, but more organised and logical.
Other civs got too much science through trade routes.
Wonders is excess count too. I dont have any feel of competition and unique with this much.

I see that you dont used any of my tech_tree concept.

Tech_tree is very weird. It will be better to make it not so big, but more organised and logical.
Other civs got too much science through trade routes.
Wonders is excess count too. I dont have any feel of competition and unique with this much.

I see that you dont used any of my tech_tree concept.

Science from trade Routes is hardcoded, so we would need our own DLL mod for this.
This would end in a compatibility problem with outher DDL mods.
CiV was never created to be a logical historic correct game.
When you create a game/mod, there are many things that need to be done.
You need to make a compromise very often.
Some one is complaining about there arnt enough of this , the other is discussion there to many of this.
When you read f.e. the thread about "Wonder that requires a Religion".
You will understand that this mod is still under development.

Iam not saying its perfect, in fact there are so many parts that should be overworked.
But this is a work in progress.....

Edit:
Well i added your ideas at a attachment.
So you will see that parts are included, but like i said you need to make a compromise.
From the side of a modder, there are things that can be done and things that cant.
Many factors are working together and you cant make everybody happy.

Attachments

• tech-anci-clas-reso.rar
    361.7 KB · Views: 288
I would download the mod... If I knew what it does :p Seriously you need to get a page listing the features, otherwise people don't feel atracted.

But I will try it as long as you answer me a question, is it compatible with CSD and CIV4 Diplo features and Howard's mods? Thank you

I would download the mod... If I knew what it does :p Seriously you need to get a page listing the features, otherwise people don't feel atracted.

But I will try it as long as you answer me a question, is it compatible with CSD and CIV4 Diplo features and Howard's mods? Thank you

We are a hidden society, with many secrets and obscure rules:satan:

Ok more serious, i cant say for sure if they are compatible or not.
It depends on some factors, like if you play CIV4 Diplo features you cant play another DLL mod.
We included some of Whowards mods into CCTP, and the not included ones should be compatible.
In generell if a mod replaces the same core files like another mod that is also enabled, then you have a compatibilty problem....

Edit:
I just realized that FiresForever old info thread is complete gone.
Well i asked time ago to make it unsticky and a normal thread, but i never mentioned that the thread was removed.
Lol ok now i understand the complains, my info thread isnt updated and miss some screenshots.

Im still baffled by people that wont download a mod because they "dont know what it does"???? It pretty clearly says in numerous places that there are lots more techs, buildings etc etc etc..... If I only chose to download and try a mod purely based on the description I probably wouldnt have tried any. Its the best civ 5 mod ever. Put that in the description lol. I use numerous other smaller mods with cctp but if there was no cctp I wouldnt play civ 5 ever. thanks guys !

I have played it with diplo mod. In order to play with both Civ vi diplo and whowards mod you have to remove the dll from the diuplo mod and also use whowards civ iv diplomatic features.

I forget the exact instructions, but you can google them.

Im still baffled by people that wont download a mod because they "dont know what it does"???? It pretty clearly says in numerous places that there are lots more techs, buildings etc etc etc..... If I only chose to download and try a mod purely based on the description I probably wouldnt have tried any. Its the best civ 5 mod ever. Put that in the description lol. I use numerous other smaller mods with cctp but if there was no cctp I wouldnt play civ 5 ever. thanks guys !

I already downloaded the mod. Thing is ... CIV.....TAKES......SO......MUCH......DAMN......TIME......TO.......LOAD........SPECIALLY.......WITH MODS........AND......... THIS......... MOD.........AINT........SMALL.

I Really hope it works with both mods, Comunity Patch Does, and it the reason I love to stick with it. But I will try this mod once I get the courage to face the loading screen

Science from trade Routes is hardcoded, so we would
You need to make a compromise very often.
Some one is complaining about there arnt enough of this , the other is discussion there to many of this.
When you read f.e. the thread about "Wonder that requires a Religion".
You will understand that this mod is still under development.

Iam not saying its perfect, in fact there are so many parts that should be overworked.
But this is a work in progress.....

Yeh. I see some good ideas, but i hope they will be all-good sometime, not particially. There is no consistency in tech_tree, and i think it is too massive.

Many techs are just for opening resource or one wonder (stick to social_perks would be better for some wonders). 'Fruits' technology for example - why to hide fruits from start? Even apes know what is it.
Some more advanced resources such as coffee, tobacco or tea, i think need only one common technology to show them. Would be nice just to make random map with alhoritms to make it grows on different continents (tea on one, coffee on other).

Some religious and social ideas i think should be only in social_perks too - they are not need to be doubled as a tech.

Many buildings unbalanced and simple not adequate - for example 'Gatherer' - what they did before? Actually civ, that builds cities should already know hunting and gathering - or what they eat else? I think better to change this building to some cell improvement (shack like trade post if you have such models). I didnt get how to build smth with 'Laborer' but i think you have some alike. If you can make megalith as improvement (like Moai giving you some Faith or Culture) it can be great too.

Some techs like 'Microlites' looks just redundant.

I've been following CCTP since the days it was just CTP, and I must say that it has come a long long long ways :)

Very impressive - almost an entirely new game when combined with a handful of other mods.

So these aren't criticisms, it's gameplay testing reporting at a high level. I'll see if I can start up a list of exact details, but man it takes forever to play and detail *every* flaw ;0

Some issues I'm running into -

1) Some techs are just TXT_KEY_ style text entries w/o actual descriptions?
2) Some of the yield statements are either erroneous or confusing (+1 gold +1 gold on one was kinda funny)
3) Some of the policies have just a number for the name (101, 109)
4) Some of the buildings do not correctly show what they do vs what they say they do (hover over building on tech tree, see food/gold yield, then text description states it improves faith for the empire?)
5) Some units don't state prerequisites (Shaman says 'faith' unit, never could figure out how to build - presume I need to buy with faith via a faith selection?)

Out of everything though, there are two critical issues I found:
1) some icons for research are being pulled from Polynesia and Korean DLC content -- I bought Polynesia (5$, shrug) but I can't just keep buying the DLC's like Korean :(
I can still select the research, etc. but I have to keep clearing a very persistent error window yelling at me that i don't have that DLC --- about 20 times a turn lol

2) The tech tree view is completely broken, I can't see anything anywhere in the tree - regardless of the branch I choose. This may be due to that 'handful' of other mods I'm running, but I've looked at 'em and made sure they aren't touching the tech tree.
Is this just me?

Finally, just one minor suggestion. There was a mod regarding 'religious communities' that actually allowed you to buy religious settlers with faith and they would instantly convert their newly built cities to your faith. Would you consider integrating that? if so, I can dig up the mod (I think) or at the very least, supply some code for it.

Thanks for an awesome mod and PLEASE don't give up. This thing gets fixed, and I wouldn't hardly play anything else lol -- hell, just fix the tech tree & the DLC content and I'd play the heck out of it!

For sure i know that some parts looks redundant.
But keep in mind, i dont have the time for a full time CCTP modding job.
So i need to do much work in parts.
A good example are the wonders, its not just adding them to this mod.
They need to be related to beliefs and policies and some other important parts like Manpower.
If i would add them one after one, this would take weeks when not month to finish them.
So i add them, make all related parts, look if they fit in the techtree and then i can start to adjust them (yield and bonus).
So from the time aspect you can say every wonder take between 15-25 minutes, just to add them.
If i have to make icons and splashs it can take sometimes hours.
Then the text files need to be updated and so on.
This is the reason why so many parts are not balanced or not right named.

We have now more then 200 policies, i use numbers because its much easier to check it in modbuddy (when i encounter problem and so on).
Also i dont have the time to search the perfect name for every policy yet, this would take so much time, and i dont have it.
When the system is finished, there will be only names, but iam a human and i make mistakes, much more then i would like.

When the parts are in the mod and are working, then the next stepp is balance the parts stepp by stepp.
This also takes a lot of time, and not all works like intended.

I know that some textentries are missing, i see it each time in the database.
But sometimes iam to tired or just to lazy to search and fix them.
I cant force myself for this, if i would, i will loose the interst in CCTP very soon.

For the broken techtree, you answered the question already.
If you miss one of the needed DLCs, the techtree will be broken.

There will be a time, when we can create a version without DLCs, but to splitt this mod yet in some differend versions would be a mess.

Ok - thanks for the fast reply!

I get your point regarding the text entries for policies, but I'm seeing it on units/buildings/etc.

However, if just trying to make all parts work together, then I understand why that is.

Can you specify all the DLC required? I've got Polynesia & I can get Korea, but how many do I need in order to see the tech tree? It's kind of a bummer because it means I can't hook my friends on this (and I know they won't buy DLC), but I'm looking to help by providing feedback on the playtest and issues I'm seeing.

I don't usually post (at all) but rather lurk, but in this case I like this mod enough in its current form to actually step up and try to help, in whatever small ways I can.

I'll focus on just the major parts and interacting and see if I find anything there as I play though.

The manpower resource is awesome. Wonderfully restrictive in what you can focus your civ on, and you simply cannot build every wonder :) Well, maybe you could if you sprawled out way wide instead of tall?

At any rate, I love this mod enough to ditch most of my others (had over 100 total) and just play this straight. It feels so much more 'organic' than anything else :) More naturally rising, spreading, researching etc.

One particular oddity made me laugh... I discovered Writing in turn 200, then discovered Alphabet on turn 220, after building libraries.

So far, I'm delighted with the fact that it does actually work - turn 280 now, and no crashes or anything. Was even able to load a saved game!

IIRC you need both Expansions, the Inca, Danish, Polinesia and Wonders of the new World DLC.

There is also a easy way to play without some of them.
Since the improvements break the techtree, just look at the folder CCTP/CCTP_Improvements
Spoiler :

<!--/////////\\\\\\\\\\\\-->
<Row>
<Type>IMPROVEMENT_WAJO</Type>
<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_WAJO</ArtDefineTag>
<PortraitIndex>0</PortraitIndex>
<IconAtlas>KOREA_TERRAIN_ATLAS</IconAtlas>
<Coastal>true</Coastal>
<NearbyEnemyDamage>20</NearbyEnemyDamage>
<Description>TXT_KEY_KOREA_SCENARIO_IMPROVEMENT_WAJO</Description>
<Help>TXT_KEY_CIV5_IMPROVEMENTS_WAJO_HELP</Help>
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_CIV5_IMPROVEMENTS_WAJO_TEXT</Civilopedia>
</Row>

<Row>
<Type>IMPROVEMENT_MOTTE_BAILEY</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_IMPROVEMENT_MOTTE_BAILEY</Description>
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_CIV5_IMPROVEMENTS_MOTTE_BAILEY_TEXT</Civilopedia>
<Help>TXT_KEY_CIV5_IMPROVEMENTS_MOTTE_BAILEY_HELP</Help>
<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_MOTTE_BAILEY</ArtDefineTag>
<DestroyedWhenPillaged>true</DestroyedWhenPillaged>
<BuildableOnResources>true</BuildableOnResources>
<DefenseModifier>100</DefenseModifier>
<NearbyEnemyDamage>25</NearbyEnemyDamage>
<PortraitIndex>1</PortraitIndex>
<IconAtlas>DENMARK_TERRAIN_ATLAS</IconAtlas>
</Row>

<Update>
<Set SpecificCivRequired="NULL" CivilizationType="NULL" />
<Where Type="IMPROVEMENT_TERRACE_FARM" />
</Update>
<Update>
<Set SpecificCivRequired="NULL" CivilizationType="NULL" />
<Where Type="IMPROVEMENT_MOAI" />
</Update>

And remove them from the parts in the spoiler, i think this will be enough.
For the wonder DLC, this would be the same, but iam not sure if all of them where not already included in the new Expansions.

For the missing textstrings, i reduced them today, maybe 5-10 are now missing.

Anyway i fixed the policy prerequests and wrong working policies.
Added back the warhammer 40K units, and many other parts.

Its just that this modding is that much time intensive, and when you encounter bugs and crashs this cost even more time to figure out why they happen.

And at least not all is easy doable in Civ, for many parts you need a work around....

But i thank you for the post and the feedback :D

my cctp game loads in 2-3mins But i did drop a lot of dimes on a fast PC. saved up for awhile lol

We are still not sure what the loading issue causes, or if this is just the result of the huge number of content we use.

But yes, playing on a non high end pc will take some time to load.

We could make a challenge, the logs can tell you how many milli seconds the game needs to load:lol:

Top Bottom