1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

COMMUNITY CALL TO POWER v4.05 Play-testing Release

Discussion in 'Civ 5 - Community Call to Power project' started by gyogen2, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Well, i thought i did with the post above, but ok it will answer all question seperate.

What should i say, that i agree, no i do not.
    Its a huge tech tree and not all is historic correct.

Yes many techs are opener for resources, wonders and so on, thats there propose.
    Its not about real life, its a game, there are more important parts.
    Like f.e balance and pathing.

For this you need a lot of coding experience, its not easy and can create several other problems.

When we start to include prerequest Technologies for some Policies, you will see why they are there.
    Also some Buildings/wonders will be related to the Techs/Policies.

CiV force you to start with a city, there is nothing what we can do now, without massiv C++ and Dll changes.
    For the balance, this will come when other parts are finished, it doesnt have priority in the first place.

Laborer can only build two improvements.
    Yeah improvements are nice, but to create new or include some from other members of civfanatics, is a long process.
    Even when we do, not all will look nice in game because some parts cant be changed.
    F.e when some one pillage it or the differend looks when creating it.
    Even when you change the moai settings from coastal to every place.
    They will not appair on the map, its hardcoded.

I already answered this question.
    Spoiler :
    For sure i know that some parts looks redundant.
    But keep in mind, i dont have the time for a full time CCTP modding job.
    So i need to do much work in parts.

Iam not going to change the tech tree now, i spend so many time with the current version, that i have no interested yet in changing it.
    Its not perfect, but it will work for what we have in mind with it.
    When other parts are completed, maybe we can start adjusting them.
    But with Gyogen and me as the only activ coders here, we have other work to do, sorry.

2. alysander

alysander Chieftain

No. I am just talking about that to make such effects as 'Gatherer', 'Hunter' or 'Miner' better with cell improvements (in 2 last cases we already have relevant impr. in vanilla - camp or mine already suggests the presence of this professions) so would be good to make 'Gatherer' as impr. too.

How hard it to make new improvements? If you have some specific manual about coding for civ - send it to me, may be i will help with it.

3. gyogen2

gyogen2 Chieftain

Making the improvement is necessarily so hard. The harder(at least much more time consuming) part is making the graphics for the improvement. Also you need several different graphics(for under construction, constructed, and pillaged). Making those graphics requires about six or so different programs.

If you want to practice, you can look here:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=477464

Also i is not just adding an improvement, it also requires altering several(or more) other files. This can sometimes be a process as it can lead to issues and conflicts.

Edit: I should have added it's not so much the complexity of adding an improvement, it's more a matter of the size and scope of CCTP and adding other things into it.

4. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

For the improvements, there is already a mod for wonders that could be uses as improvements, but they lack the changes (pillage/construction)

We use the barbarian camp aready as a improvement.
    Its called camp/camper and is only buildable with the labor unit.

We will improve this, on the other side there is no table in the buildings files to add yields to improvements, the nearest what you can do is to add yields to resources.

You can increase the yields (improvements) via Policies and technologies, thats one of the reasons, why we use some strange techs so far.

5. alysander

alysander Chieftain

Yep. I thought about using existing models (some old wooden buildings for Gatherer hut, Stonehedge model or it;s parts for Cromlech). If there is no variants for pillaged version - it will be good to make one generic pillaged cell grafics for all new imprvments. There will be no great difference.

Actually i didnt get how to build smth with laber. Is this working in curr version?

BTW is there way to make buildable resources+improvements? Would be nice to see buildable plantations (with coffee for example (on any jungle cell)) in late medieval.

Also i have ideas about buildings that required to make bonus resources tradeable/bonus_resource (for example make beer from barley or rum from sugarcane). Is this realisable?

I making own game (without any advanced grafics, now - only cells and billboards) from zero, and complexity of this simple tasks looks weird to me. Bcause i have no hardcoded restrictions, but i still think Civ should be more agile.
    I have

6. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

For the Labor, iam not sure if the builds are loaded into the database.
    In my version all works, but i have a updated version....

We use lua code to grand resources when you build a improvement, f.e if you construct a citadel you will get one Manpower.

Spoiler :
    Also i have ideas about buildings that required to make bonus resources tradeable/bonus_resource (for example make beer from barley or rum from sugarcane). Is this realisable?

If i understand it right.
    You can create a building that requires a resource, and when the buildings is finished it will provide a resources (any type you would like...).
    We use this in CCTP....

7. alysander

alysander Chieftain

Ok. Then maybe i ll make other concept for tree with all this concessions on next week.

What i really want to see - that is farms, that gives really big boost of food (not +1, i think more like +3). Is this possible to make some health mechanics? As some strategic resource that gives you food bonuses in all cities? Or if not maybe more complex: as buildings that gives +x% to food/stock and use some health-oriented resource as Pharmaceuticals or smth.

8. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

We will include in the future, the great Health and Plague mod by Frame Architect.
    This will bring Healthmechanics to CCTP, but since this will need the replacement of many files and a overwork of many other parts, it will take some time.

Every improvement will get additional yields during the game.
    This is handled by Technologies and Policies, in the end the farm and polder shoud produce the most food.

To the last question, this is doable.

9. redalert911

redalert911 Chieftain

Hi! I have some problems. Cannot load some textures:
    resource_dlc_07_45.dds
    unitaction_dlc_07_45.dds
    technologyatlas64_dlc_07.dds

10. gyogen2

gyogen2 Chieftain

Do you have the conquest of new world dlc?

11. redalert911

redalert911 Chieftain

I have Conquest of new world scenario with Spain and Inca DLC pack.

12. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Welcome to the forum
    :band:[party]:dance::banana::salute:

Like Gyogen said, the DLC7 is ether missing or disabled.
    If you could enable your logs, and send it to us,we will be able to say more.
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=487482

13. redalert911

redalert911 Chieftain

ok :) thx, good mod, greate job :goodjob:

14. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Thanks for the cheers:beer:

15. ComradeKristov

ComradeKristov Chieftain

I've tried playing the new version but the game runs VERY slow! It is completely unplayable for me. I have a gaming laptop and have no problems with much more cpu intensive games. I usually play with a TON of mods on with absolutely no problems. Any ideas? I run it by itself with no other mods.

16. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

What do you mean with slow?
    Is it the loading time for a new game, or the time between turns?

The fact that we use for example many new Resources, will use a huge amount of Ram, and since Civ only handles a specific number of Ram, this is one of the reasons.

Also Civ doesnt support mutii cores, with no more informations, i can only say drop the game settings and dont play on huge maps.

Even on my i7 monster the game runs slower, in relationship to vanilla.

17. gyogen2

gyogen2 Chieftain

18. Vixenus

Vixenus Chieftain

gyogen, i tried to use this tool, but i have error 0xc0000142 :(

19. gyogen2

gyogen2 Chieftain

I'll check it out when I get back home

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

20. gyogen2

gyogen2 Chieftain

I am using it and not having a problem. If you have cff explorer open the civilization exe
    with it and check to see if it worked by following these instructions:

1. Right click on the .exe, and choose open with CFF Explorer.
    2. Click File Header on left hand side.
    3. "Click Here" on Characteristics, right hand side.
    4. See if "App can handle >2GB address space" is checked.

(this method can also be used to set for 4gb w/o patch)