[BNW] Community Deity Game #34 - Rome

Ok long time no post - i had a shot at this. Expanded to 3 cities with Liberty. Realised the Mongols were right on my doorstep with a huge army. They attacked the city state to my West - i blocked the mongols a bit allowing the CS to kil some of their units. After they ate the neigbouring city states - he had the "covet your lands" so i gave a free luxury to Genghis - he seemed to warm to me after that and I had some time to focus on military while Mongolia went after other civs.

I built the Heroic Epic with the intention of having uber legions but the build time for that was much slower than I thought it would be - my capital didn't have the pop or hammers to get an army out quick enough. Nonetheless I went after Persia, took some cities, than swung round to Athens as Greece had heaps of Wonders. This didn't work as by now i had a tech deficit and even the legions with heroic epic and general bonus wasn't enough to break though.
That offense stalemated.
I think from now it is basically just trying to get a long slow science victory which i don't have the patience for. Ended up resigning from that game. I could have cleared Persia but they had no wonders at all so I made the gamble to go for Greece but in hindsight realised i did not have a large enough army to do this. By the time I got near their capital they had knights, longswords and trebuchets vs my super legions and ballistas.

Interestingly though I did restart again and this time I walked the warrior NW to picked up the prize and also a free pop from a ruin when my city just grew to 2. So i have a pop 3 capital on turn 5 with the prize.
I might have to continued to see how this goes.

Top Bottom