1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BNW] Community Deity Game #34 - Rome

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by beetle, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Redaxe

Redaxe Emperor

Ok long time no post - i had a shot at this. Expanded to 3 cities with Liberty. Realised the Mongols were right on my doorstep with a huge army. They attacked the city state to my West - i blocked the mongols a bit allowing the CS to kil some of their units. After they ate the neigbouring city states - he had the "covet your lands" so i gave a free luxury to Genghis - he seemed to warm to me after that and I had some time to focus on military while Mongolia went after other civs.

I built the Heroic Epic with the intention of having uber legions but the build time for that was much slower than I thought it would be - my capital didn't have the pop or hammers to get an army out quick enough. Nonetheless I went after Persia, took some cities, than swung round to Athens as Greece had heaps of Wonders. This didn't work as by now i had a tech deficit and even the legions with heroic epic and general bonus wasn't enough to break though.
    That offense stalemated.
    I think from now it is basically just trying to get a long slow science victory which i don't have the patience for. Ended up resigning from that game. I could have cleared Persia but they had no wonders at all so I made the gamble to go for Greece but in hindsight realised i did not have a large enough army to do this. By the time I got near their capital they had knights, longswords and trebuchets vs my super legions and ballistas.

Interestingly though I did restart again and this time I walked the warrior NW to picked up the prize and also a free pop from a ruin when my city just grew to 2. So i have a pop 3 capital on turn 5 with the prize.
    I might have to continued to see how this goes.