Community Game - Rome on Monarch/Marathon

[Turn 285]
File uploaded.
My opinions, strategy and general ideas for the current turn.

View attachment 499432

CURRENT TURN (Turn 285)
- what should Bizantium produce?
- how should we move our legions?
- commerce, analysis of the other civs...

In Bizantium we could either produce a worker or a granary/monument. What should we do and why?
In my opinion it would be better to produce a granary, in order to let the city grow instead of stopping growth with the production of a worker.

About legions movement, i would send 2 Legio Centuriae to west to capture the greek worker chopping the wood and i would keep 1 in 1E(Bizantium) to capture the other one.

One Legio should be sent in Anatolia, in order to kill the greek archer that is in 3E1S(Bizantium). (Not highlighted in the picture)

We sent 2 Legio Sagittariorum to Mediolanum, 2 to Aquileia and 1 to the Chinese.

Any suggestions?
I agree but what if the Greek archer in Anatolia keeps moving and we can't catch it. Won't that be a waste of energy?

Also, workboat sounds good.

I agree but what if the Greek archer in Anatolia keeps moving and we can't catch it. Won't that be a waste of energy?

Also, workboat sounds good.

We could place our Legio Centuria exactly next to him and then declare war to the Greeks and be sure that we get rid of him.

[Turn 286]
File uploaded.

Turn 286.jpg

CURRENT TURN (Turn 286)

We split the 3 Legio Centuriae in 1E(Bizantium) in order to accomplish our military objectives.

Legio Sagittariorum are being sent to fortify Mediolanum and to the East.

The two Operarii finished building the pig pasture and were sent in 1E(Neapolis) in order to build another pasture, after that we will send them to the iron source in 1N1E(Roma) and then other resources (to be defined). When should we build roads?

War to Greece is going to be declared in 2 turns.

Any more ideas?

Attachments

• Augustus Caesar Iron Age Turn 286.CivBeyondSwordSave
    411.2 KB · Views: 59
[Turn 286]
File uploaded.

View attachment 499583

CURRENT TURN (Turn 286)

We split the 3 Legio Centuriae in 1E(Bizantium) in order to accomplish our military objectives.

Legio Sagittariorum are being sent to fortify Mediolanum and to the East.

The two Operarii finished building the pig pasture and were sent in 1E(Neapolis) in order to build another pasture, after that we will send them to the iron source in 1N1E(Roma) and then other resources (to be defined). When should we build roads?

War to Greece is going to be declared in 2 turns.

Any more ideas?
The Legion going to fortify Mediolanum might as well build Roman Roads along the way. It is close enough it could get to Mediolanum in time if any Celts pop up on the borders. Workers don't really need to build roads until you've got the first four resources locked down, then can maybe look at building a road to Aquilea.

The Legion going to fortify Mediolanum might as well build Roman Roads along the way. It is close enough it could get to Mediolanum in time if any Celts pop up on the borders. Workers don't really need to build roads until you've got the first four resources locked down, then can maybe look at building a road to Aquilea.

Unfortunately we are sending Legio Sagittariorum (archers) to fortify Mediolanum and they can’t build roads.
Our Legio Centuriae will all be used in the Greek War and are going to be sent to Egypt afterwards.

Unfortunately we are sending Legio Sagittariorum (archers) to fortify Mediolanum and they can’t build roads.
Our Legio Centuriae will all be used in the Greek War and are going to be sent to Egypt afterwards.
Oh right, cool then. I approve.

Oh, what happened here? Romans ran out of steam?

I vote we free Byzantium, Aqueilia and Naples. They just need to spread their wings, man.

Top Bottom