Community Patch Events Development

Enginseer

Salientia of the Community Patch
Supporter

Hey, do you think Vox Populi have too few events? We did too because
YOU CAME TO THE RIGHT PLACE
This thread is the successor of the previous Event Development thread. We're going to be changing how our events development work now. Rather than using Google Drive (privatized development), we're going to be using Github(publicized development). In Github, people can post issues or concerns to any of the events that may be considered unbalanced instead of people posting directly here since most if not all of the events are originating from here. If you feel interested, feel free to request to be a contributor(by posting an issue) and we can get started. You may also suggest events and see if it is feasible to even make!
We have made 12 85 135 141 200+ new events on the Community Event team. We have mainly known events categorized as...

Advisor Events
These events supplement your advisors as you choose whenever or not to accept or decline their latest adventures. Click the image to see more!

Civilization Events
Choosing a Civilization now grants you six Unique Events to the Civilization. If your civilization isn't supported, no problem. A generic will be provided. If it is, goodie! Click the image to see more!

Natural Wonder Events
Found a Natural Wonder? There's probably some events behind it. Check it out on the image to see more!

Subscribe Here!

Github

Credits
@Enginseer - Event Framework, Generic Events, Maintainance Worker
@hokath - Civilization Events, Advisor Events, Natural Wonder Events
@Xony - Miscellenous Fun Events, Generic Events

Last edited:
BTW, which are these 12 new events? So we don't give feedback on ones made by Gazebo :)

This thread is the successor of the previous Event Development thread. We're going to be changing how our events development work now. Rather than using Google Drive, we're going to be using Github. In Github, people can post issues or concerns to any of the events that may be considered unbalanced instead of people posting directly here since most if not all of the events are originating from here. If you feel interested, feel free to request to be a contributor and we can get started.

We currently have 2 players on the Community Event team. Feel free to help out!
We have made 12 new events on the Community Event team.

Github

Godspeed, Eventseer.

G

BTW, which are these 12 new events? So we don't give feedback on ones made by Gazebo :)

It's in the Code page. Or you can look in the MiscEvent.xml of the CP folder.

This is probably not the right place to discuss this, but I didn't want to make a new thread and I definitely didn't want to go back any more pages to look for a better thread.

Anyways I just got this Gunpowder Plot event for the first time, no idea if it's new or if I've just never ran into it before. Anyways this might just be me but I feel like the responses are way too silly, 'cancel Christmas' referring to stuff like 'turns', 'WLTKD' and 'notification' in text and the use of 'misbegotten faith'.

Don't get me wrong I have absolutely no problem with this kind of event, or even with the options presented (even if no one in the right mind would ever pick a 50% chance for THIRTY turns of resistance). But I feel like the text could at the very least sound a little bit more serious. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone with this post, but that is kinda what I do.

This is probably not the right place to discuss this, but I didn't want to make a new thread and I definitely didn't want to go back any more pages to look for a better thread.

Anyways I just got this Gunpowder Plot event for the first time, no idea if it's new or if I've just never ran into it before. Anyways this might just be me but I feel like the responses are way too silly, 'cancel Christmas' referring to stuff like 'turns', 'WLTKD' and 'notification' in text and the use of 'misbegotten faith'.

Don't get me wrong I have absolutely no problem with this kind of event, or even with the options presented (even if no one in the right mind would ever pick a 50% chance for THIRTY turns of resistance). But I feel like the text could at the very least sound a little bit more serious. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone with this post, but that is kinda what I do.

I'd suggest replacement text as part of your post.

G

I'd suggest replacement text as part of your post.

The problem with providing a replacement without asking the creator of the event is that it can seem really rude like "I don't trust you to write this, here's what you should write instead". And today I don't feel like being quite that rude.

The problem with providing a replacement without asking the creator of the event is that it can seem really rude like "I don't trust you to write this, here's what you should write instead". And today I don't feel like being quite that rude.

No way! I can guarantee you that suggestions are welcome. There are lots of times that I am at a loss for words in a situation and someone else has a more elegant idea.

G

No way! I can guarantee you that suggestions are welcome. There are lots of times that I am at a loss for words in a situation and someone else has a more elegant idea.

Was it your event that I brought up? Because if it was your even and you want my input, sure I'll think of something. If it wasn't your event, then no, I would not want to be that rude.

It's not mine because my events don't have comedic values. I guess it's either Xony or Hokath.

I'd be happy to be part of the team - is there a full list of all the events and their effects somewhere so it's easier to assess them all?

Don't think the event is mine. And I also think suggestions alone aren't rude. I'm often unsure about my text and reward numbers, so feedback from more seasoned players is welcome.

I don't have your username, so how can I make you a collaborator? :p

Yeah that's my event.

In the first subject of using things like WLTKD, that was to show the reader the reason that the choice is/isn't available. I can expand the acronym, if you like. The other text is referencing various films, if you don't think pop culture references are appropriate then you are welcome to provide alternative text. But I think it's rather fun.

The 30 turns thing is a bug. Something behind the scenes is scaling with era when it shouldn't be. I'll open a github post about that.

Yeah that's my event.

In the first subject of using things like WLTKD, that was to show the reader the reason that the choice is/isn't available. I can expand the acronym, if you like. The other text is referencing various films, if you don't think pop culture references are appropriate then you are welcome to provide alternative text. But I think it's rather fun.

The 30 turns thing is a bug. Something behind the scenes is scaling with era when it shouldn't be. I'll open a github post about that.

Personally not a 4th wall breaking fan in anything, think it kills immersion, but hey no one else have complained about it so I'll just drop it. Sorry to bother you.

No that's fine. I'll come back and look at it once I'm finished making new stuff.

Top Bottom